At the risk of starting WW3, can someone take stock of DT...

Advertisement
JUCO route again IMO

Playing with fire.

We lucked up with Wyche. Sark didn't want him after he took over.

Big Heurt was a big win. I thought he had eliminated us early on, but his commitment came out of nowhere.

Preaching to the choir man. Especially since JUCO guys are usually tougher to find, are tough to get in to school (understatement) you end up putting a lot of eggs in that basket and if it doesn't pay off you have to search the waiver wire. Then when you rely on it multiple years in a row, you are really asking for trouble.

We have Richard McIntosh, committed he is 6'4 270 and will play the same position as Anthony Moten

DT's with Miami in their top 5
  • Russell Ude 4* DT from Georgia, he will OV here. (Miami is in his top 2)
  • Joseph Wicker 4* DT from California, he will OV here.
  • Jeremiah Ledbetter 4* JUCO DT, he will OV here. (Miami is in the lead)
  • Kendrick Norton 4* NT from Jacksonville, he will OV here. (Miami is in his top 2)
  • Rasheem Green 5* DT from California, he will OV here.
Ude, Wicker, and Ledbetter are listed at DE.

Coal shoveler? We still recruiting those? I thought that sh*t died when the other "coal shovelers" transferred from the roster...

Get me some dogs up front that want to hunt

Advertisement
Best chance is probably with Norton. With the gayters in his picture I would normally say no chance for a J'Ville kid, but with our recent success I feel our chances better. Especially if our 2016 J'Ville commits in his ear. I think the staff sees the future for Ude and Wicker inside. McIntosh will end up a big kid and easily be 295 and play inside too, but we need so natural DT's to sign too. We have also offered DT/OG Montel Jordan from Deerfield Beach. Strowbridge looks heavy like he'll eventually be a DT too.

We have Richard McIntosh, committed he is 6'4 270 and will play the same position as Anthony Moten

• Kendrick Norton 4* NT from Jacksonville, he will OV here. (Miami is in his top 2)
Ude, Wicker, and Ledbetter are listed at DE.

Honestly, regardless of McIntosh, I would probably take 2 more HS Seniors at DT and Ledbetter.

Pierre is gone. Hamilton, King and Moore have shown NOTHING on the field. In addition, we would have a nice balance with the 4 guys we got last year.

Eventually we need to develop our own young DT's, but until we show them being used well and excelling we will continue to miss out on high end prospects.

Advertisement
3-4 DE is as big a priority as NT in 2015.

Lose Chick and Pierre. Only have:

Kamalu SR
Hamilton SR
Moten SO
Thomas SO-seems like he is going to play that spot

Only have McIntosh there now

NT will be:

Wyche SR
Huertelu SR
Moore SR
Jenkins SO

Only Fines there now.

So yeah, big need at both spots again this year.

JUCO route again IMO

Playing with fire.

We lucked up with Wyche. Sark didn't want him after he took over.

Big Heurt was a big win. I thought he had eliminated us early on, but his commitment came out of nowhere.

Where do you get Sark didnt want Wyche? Its possible. Just not how I understood his recruitment went down.

It wasn't about Sark it was that the old staff left including his main recruiter who I think the day after he left was the day Wyche flipped

And if we do get a JUCO DT, Wyche is exhibit A as to why you want these guys to get on campus in January rather than the summer. Getting a spring under their belts is HUGE for a JUCO. If they show up in June, most likely they'll be out of shape and they're basically using year 1 in order to get in shape. In other words, a waste of a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Thanks for the overview.

If we start out hot, defense plays solid, and we go into the FSU game top ten, we'll have a number of very good DTs on our radar. Dorito has to show competence and progress, otherwise we're wholly dependent on our coaches' power of persuasion in swaying decent DT talent.

Advertisement
Back