At Georgia Tech highlights

View as article
Glad to see Courtel Jenkins back out there - not sure how much he played, but he was out there when Quarterman returned the fumble....

J. Jackson looked really good and fast, too....

And it was good to see T. Harris out there a lot and making a bunch of plays....

Nothing better than a Miami team with the DL making lots of plays - nothing....

Advertisement
Re watched the game. Obvious richt had full confidence in our team to win without pulling all the stops.

I'm lot saying he has a secret playbook for fsu but we ran some plays over and over until gt stopped it. Was simply us being better than them. Confident heading into fsu

It was such a great crowd at the game. I've been to quite a few Canes game in the A, and that by far was the biggest crowd. Mark Richt gets a lot of love in Atlanta! Great Canes fan, young and old, and it was awesome to walk out with the win yesterday. I will say, at no point was I afraid of losing this game. We had this game under control, from start to finish. When we wanted to score, we scored, when we wanted a stop, we made it.

Now, I see why they started the freshman at LB. Those dudes are not built like true frosh, ****, even Jackson was big. Even Tech fans were like, he's a true Freshman?

Now it's time for FSU, and after the game, as you can see, they're fully focused on these dudes!

Pinckney is fast as ****. Didn't see the play in the highlight but he chased down a play to the sideline, it was so fast. I thought it was McCloud.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/tPGWEjBUCIQ

We have sooo many weapons its crazy.

Opposing teams have a lot to defend. Teams better hope Brad doesnt get hott throwing on the run because its going to be unfair.

This game was never really close and i cant wait till we can dissect the full game.

Its not shown in the highlights but our corners got pushed around a bit by GT on the perimeter. That and missed tackles are the only reason they had any success.

Corners gotta get better before UNC comes to town.

These were some encouraging things I saw yesterday. Mostly offensive because that's where there's still a question of identity and mastery for many fans. Richt has been basic and repetitive as you'll see.

56s Pass - NFL caliber in very tight window. Throw of the game.

1:25s progression and decision - Again NFL caliber and lets me know Brad "gets it". 2nd & 12 and best play of the game in my opinion.

3:00s effort - watch St. Louis trail the play and clean up two guys at the end. This is so awesome.

3:35s play-calling & execuion - same play two times in a row for 11 yards.

7:25s Technique - Corn sets edge, sheds block and form tackle with finish.

8:35 play-calling & execution - again, Richt calls same play back to back w/ RB in flat to pull LB and create lane for slant on 2 different formations.

We just need to continue building on this. For those who think Richt's offense is vanilla, u haven't seen anything yet.

It was a bad decision to throw that. the DB was well bracketed.

Advertisement
Defense gave up 21, which hurts, but scored 14 and a couple other turnovers and that is Miami aggressive attacking defense at it's core.

Paul Johnson semi exposed our corners inability to get off blocks and bad tackling led to them scoring 21.

I was upset about it to but thats probably because im expecting far too much from them which is unfair.

Answer me this. Do you think GT scores 21 if we play them again this year?

I will assume Diaz will realize he made a mistake forsaking the 4-3 to experiment, so no they don't. Two DTs, which we have several good ones of, vs one NT which we do not and maybe never have had one of, can cause havoc to the triple option. They can stop the dive( essential) and disrupt the pitches by making QB run hos life and commit to early. That will help the corners and everyone else.

Shaq, Pinckney, McCloud, Jackson, Richards. All made big plays. All are true freshman. ***** going to be real around here for a long time.

It was such a great crowd at the game. I've been to quite a few Canes game in the A, and that by far was the biggest crowd. Mark Richt gets a lot of love in Atlanta! Great Canes fan, young and old, and it was awesome to walk out with the win yesterday. I will say, at no point was I afraid of losing this game. We had this game under control, from start to finish. When we wanted to score, we scored, when we wanted a stop, we made it.

Now, I see why they started the freshman at LB. Those dudes are not built like true frosh, ****, even Jackson was big. Even Tech fans were like, he's a true Freshman?

Now it's time for FSU, and after the game, as you can see, they're fully focused on these dudes!

That's why Justin Thomas fumbled when he seen joe Jackson at him on his touchdown. Joe Jackson is a freak athlete that already has an impressive size as a freshmen

Just got back from Atlanta, great Miami crowd at the game. We were loud. You can clearly hear it on the highlights of this video. GT fans were nice too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back