At end of 2017, where will this DL be ranked in U History?

Patchan looks like a beast, been hitting weights hard, crazy thing is he is forgotten man..

Hope he is able to stay healthy and do his thing. Dline gonna be a bunch of savages trying to get reps.. LETS EAT!

He'll quickly be remembered

Advertisement
Unless this team wins the ACC or a Major bowl they can't be measured against past UM teams who played much harder schedules. The stats will be great, but they need to win big battles.

How the **** are we going to find enough reps for all these D ends? I look forward to some extreme speed packages in 3rd & longs. I think the answer to Lu's question will be determined by Norton's health. He stays healthy and it has the potential to be up there with the best.
I really have no idea other than get really creative with 3rd down packages. Prior to the season (and to Willis' departure), I debated on here the DE depth chart was better than the DTs: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/spring-defense/119139

It's more obvious now because Willis left, but it's just freakin' crazy to me we may have 5-6 future NFL DEs able to contribute. Maybe 7 if everyone max'd out their potential. That's incredible quantity and quality. Look at our opponents. Other than 1-2 teams, they may have 1-2 future NFL guys in their entire front 7.

Advertisement
This DL has a long ways to go be in the top 5. Some might forget how dominate those dl's were.

Who do you guys think has the biggest crank on the team other than Coach Kul?

D line looks really good however I think we are still comparing them to the "patty cake" DL under you know who

In the games we lost last year the D gave up the following yards
- 407, 465, 523 and 411

AND last year we had better DBs

Once again - we are so much better than the last few years however not sure this DL is better than any DL line from 1984 to 1994 or 2000 to 2004

Advertisement
God, please bless Patchan's paper mache knees because that dude will fck **** up here. He's our best natural pass rusher right now, and he looks like he's about 6'6 now.

He will look like Rusty Medearis before that scumbag terrorist El Mashtoub intentionally destroyed his knee and turned him into a veritable cripple.

Can definitely be better than any dline that played in the 2000s on up. National championship team included

Advertisement
Big Mac is ready. You can see Garvins abs through his jersey.. the kid is gonna be a specimen here if Kool sticks around. Trent and Patch look like they put on some mass this offseason. Is #90 a walk on?

Nope,that's Martin.Looks smaller than most of our DEs and doesn't seem to have the frame to get much bigger.We definetely need 4 DTs in the 18 class.

This a group that most won't realize how good they are until the pros. There may be at least 6 guys in that photo that have a chance to play on Sunday.

Advertisement
This a group that most won't realize how good they are until the pros. There may be at least 6 guys in that photo that have a chance to play on Sunday.
There may be 5-6 DEs in that photo who play on Sundays.

Can definitely be better than any dline that played in the 2000s on up. National championship team included

2000 Team beat #1 , #2 and #7 teams .... stop it

People love to live in the moment. **** if I'm not mistaken didn't our 2009 DLine lead the nation in TFL's. I think that was Marcus Fortson and Allen Bailey and Oliver Vernon to name a few. They were pretty darn good. And what 2003 with Big Vince and Jerome MacDougle.

Advertisement
Back