Asante Samuel Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Noles 247 interview doesn’t sound all that hype for A kid committed. Basically said Taggart answered his questions and the team is buying into the new staff. Nothing earth shattering. Doesn’t sound like he signs early so it’s all up to if he visits Miami officially in Jan.

He didn't re-affirm his commit or shut it down right?

Harley did that too last year means jack ****

Advertisement
If he’s talking about not signing early that is a dead give away that he’s not committed to FSU. When he visits UM he flips and blames it on the coaching upheaval at FSU.

Coaches got me questioning their ability to read situations after the recent debacle with Kaindoh’s Kuck. All that 26305 and “they are very confident” **** was feeble.

From a interview with him talking about his fsu ov he didnt sound like he was a fsu lock. Doesn't sound like he is signing early either.

Where's the interview?

FSU visit clears things up for Asante Samuel Jr.

118 minutes ago
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas four-star cornerback Asante Samuel Jr., a long-time Florida State commitment, made his way to Tallahassee this weekend for his official visit.

"It was wonderful," Samuel Jr. said.

The visit was a fact-finding mission for Samuel Jr. He wanted to learn more about head coach Willie Taggart and the future of the Seminoles under his guidance.

"I just wanted to learn what he had in store for the program going into the future," Samuel Jr. said. "And what his thoughts was.

"He just wants to win championships and develop better men," Samuel Jr. added.

Taggart impressed Samuel Jr. beyond his discussions of the future of the program.

"He just keeps it real and blunt honest-like and we can relate to him," Samuel Jr. said.

The 5-foot-10, 179-pound defensive back also discussed the future of the Seminole defensive staff with Taggart.

"I did, but I am not going to speak on that," Samuel Jr. said.

Samuel Jr. added he felt comfortable with what he was told by Taggart.

(Photo: Greg Oyster, 247Sports)
Title/Alt Text
Samuel Jr. also went to practice on Friday.

"There was just more energy and more excitement," Samuel Jr. said. "Everybody just flying around."

The majority of his visit was spent with defensive backs Stanford Samuels III, Cyrus ***an and more. The team stood out to Samuel Jr.

"Just being with the team and seeing their thoughts on the coaching change," Samuel Jr. said. "Everybody is all in.

"Just being around the guys and being around the movement," Samuel Jr. added when asked the highlight of his visit. "You can feel different vibes around here now. Just better vibes and everybody is a family."

Most of all, the visit helped to provide a clear picture to Samuel Jr. about the future of the program.

"It did," Samuel Jr. said when asked if the visit resolved any concerns he may have had. "It cleared some things up."

While he isn't set to enroll early, could he now sign early?

"I don't know, it is a chance," Samuel Jr. said.

A decision on whether or not to sign early will have to come this week from Samuel Jr.

Samuel Jr. added he doesn't know if he will take other officials if he opts not to sign early. He has previously visited South Carolina for an official, but Miami and Ohio State are also heavily pursuing him.

From a interview with him talking about his fsu ov he didnt sound like he was a fsu lock. Doesn't sound like he is signing early either.

Where's the interview?

FSU visit clears things up for Asante Samuel Jr.

118 minutes ago
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas four-star cornerback Asante Samuel Jr., a long-time Florida State commitment, made his way to Tallahassee this weekend for his official visit.

"It was wonderful," Samuel Jr. said.

The visit was a fact-finding mission for Samuel Jr. He wanted to learn more about head coach Willie Taggart and the future of the Seminoles under his guidance.

"I just wanted to learn what he had in store for the program going into the future," Samuel Jr. said. "And what his thoughts was.

"He just wants to win championships and develop better men," Samuel Jr. added.

Taggart impressed Samuel Jr. beyond his discussions of the future of the program.

"He just keeps it real and blunt honest-like and we can relate to him," Samuel Jr. said.

The 5-foot-10, 179-pound defensive back also discussed the future of the Seminole defensive staff with Taggart.

"I did, but I am not going to speak on that," Samuel Jr. said.

Samuel Jr. added he felt comfortable with what he was told by Taggart.

(Photo: Greg Oyster, 247Sports)
Title/Alt Text
Samuel Jr. also went to practice on Friday.

"There was just more energy and more excitement," Samuel Jr. said. "Everybody just flying around."

The majority of his visit was spent with defensive backs Stanford Samuels III, Cyrus ***an and more. The team stood out to Samuel Jr.

"Just being with the team and seeing their thoughts on the coaching change," Samuel Jr. said. "Everybody is all in.

"Just being around the guys and being around the movement," Samuel Jr. added when asked the highlight of his visit. "You can feel different vibes around here now. Just better vibes and everybody is a family."

Most of all, the visit helped to provide a clear picture to Samuel Jr. about the future of the program.

"It did," Samuel Jr. said when asked if the visit resolved any concerns he may have had. "It cleared some things up."

While he isn't set to enroll early, could he now sign early?

"I don't know, it is a chance," Samuel Jr. said.

A decision on whether or not to sign early will have to come this week from Samuel Jr.

Samuel Jr. added he doesn't know if he will take other officials if he opts not to sign early. He has previously visited South Carolina for an official, but Miami and Ohio State are also heavily pursuing him.

Doesn't sound too sold on FSU to me

His Noles 247 interview doesn’t sound all that hype for A kid committed. Basically said Taggart answered his questions and the team is buying into the new staff. Nothing earth shattering. Doesn’t sound like he signs early so it’s all up to if he visits Miami officially in Jan.

He literally said a lot , while saying absolutely nothing. He handled that like a vet.

He comin!!

Advertisement
If he buys that false “everyone is buying in” crap, he can go too

Huggins committed to UF today so that takes him out of the equation for now

He literally said a lot , while saying absolutely nothing. He handled that like a vet.

He comin!!

I agree. That interview says exactly nothing. He talked without really saying a thing. Let’s get him to visit and he will flip to us.

Advertisement

He comin!!

I agree. That interview says exactly nothing. He talked without really saying a thing. Let’s get him to visit and he will flip to us.

He’s saying the right things, will take his UM visit and be blown away.

That was the exact same interview kids who flipped from golden gave.

He’s coming

That interview was pretty damning against FSU.

Everyone's all in for Taggart? Why wouldn't they? It's their new coach. It'd be pretty bad if his tenure was already off to a bad start considering his stuff is likely still being moved from Eugene.

As far as taking anything Taggart has to say at face value - L.O. mother loving L.

Advertisement
Definition of lukewarm.

Q: You signing early?
A: We’ll see.

LOL

If this dude wanted to be a Cane most of his life, then he’ll be one. Bandy showed everyone how to handle it if you’re a Cane and got your offer a little later than some other guys.

Pete Carroll was USC’s 5th choice. Look how that turned out.

Definition of lukewarm.

Q: You signing early?
A: We’ll see.

LOL

If this dude wanted to be a Cane most of his life, then he’ll be one. Bandy showed everyone how to handle it if you’re a Cane and got your offer a little later than some other guys.

Pete Carroll was USC’s 5th choice. Look how that turned out.

Yep. **** revived his career too.

Advertisement
what an awful interview. may as well start stitching his name on the back of a miami jersey

If he’s talking about not signing early that is a dead give away that he’s not committed to FSU. When he visits UM he flips and blames it on the coaching upheaval at FSU.

Coaches got me questioning their ability to read situations after the recent debacle with Kaindoh’s Kuck. All that 26305 and “they are very confident” **** was feeble.

Didn't Pete say that Blades isn't signing early either because STA wants their players to do it together at a school ceremony?

Didn't Pete say that Blades isn't signing early either because STA wants their players to do it together at a school ceremony?

Pete also said Jobe wasn’t signing early. He tells us things he hears. Samuel gave no inclination that he couldn’t sign early due to STA policy. They can have a ceremony at STA in February anyway even if guys sign early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back