ASA Martin ?

BALLHAWKU

All-ACC
Must have missed this one . The auburn rb . Some one have more info on this kid . Why did he transfer ? I’m sure he’s good if Diaz likes him . So far he seems to have an eye for talent . Diaz has done more in a short time to make Miami good again then richt In his entire tenure . Richt done nothing but run talent off the team.

Advertisement
Must have missed this one . The auburn rb . Some one have more info on this kid . Why did he transfer ? I’m sure he’s good if Diaz likes him . So far he seems to have an eye for talent . Diaz has done more in a short time to make Miami good again then richt In his entire tenure . Richt done nothing but run talent off the team.
u can find out here and u can go to AUburns boards and find out there

Advertisement
How do we know Manny has an eye for talent?

Just asking because it’s not clear to me. I love his energy and effort at transforming the roster. But whether his evaluations are good, will take time to tell.

Advertisement

Just asking because it’s not clear to me. I love his energy and effort at transforming the roster. But whether his evaluations are good, will take time to tell.
All of this.

I’m obviously much more excited than I was before Manny got hired but still got a ways to go.

Quick question

Because of the new redshirt rule are transfers like Martin, Tate (if he's not granted a waiver) & Phillips (if he comes here) allowed to still play in 4 games & while still redshirting or can they not play at all?

I know they have to sit out a year (unless they get a waiver from the NCAA), but I'm just wondering if they can still play in 4 games in accordance with the new redshirt rule, or does the 4 game rule only apply to incoming freshman?

Gut feeling , how he added twice the talent in this class in short time . He let Jeff Thomas come back which is one the best Wr in the country makes me believe he’s going to do what it takes to win. Guarantee richt wouldn’t have . Soemething seems different don’t think he care what people believe . He seems to want to win at all cost and that’s what we need

Advertisement

Attachments

• 14A0C156-B93F-45F4-A599-B266D18BF2C6.jpeg
    14A0C156-B93F-45F4-A599-B266D18BF2C6.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
Quick question

Because of the new redshirt rule are transfers like Martin, Tate (if he's not granted a waiver) & Phillips (if he comes here) allowed to still play in 4 games & while still redshirting or can they not play at all?

I know they have to sit out a year (unless they get a waiver from the NCAA), but I'm just wondering if they can still play in 4 games in accordance with the new redshirt rule, or does the 4 game rule only apply to incoming freshman?
Can't play at all.

Gut feeling , how he added twice the talent in this class in short time . He let Jeff Thomas come back which is one the best Wr in the country makes me believe he’s going to do what it takes to win. Guarantee richt wouldn’t have . Soemething seems different don’t think he care what people believe . He seems to want to win at all cost and that’s what we need
Maybe you are using the term differently than I am. Recognizing we need talent is not the same thing as evaluating who to bring in. Time will tell if Manny’s eye for talent matches his energy and finding it. Thomas is a kid he watched closely for two years, so that isn’t an eval to me. It’s just letting a kid return he already knows well as a college player.

That Richt would not have is neither here nor there. That’s a discipline issue not a talent one. Richt may have drawn too hard a line, but if Manny draws too loose a line we will have other issues come at us. It’s got to be a balance for all coaches, everywhere.

Quick question

Interesting question. I’d guess they need to sit out and can’t play.

Interesting question. I’d guess they need to sit out and can’t play.
Its an eligibility issue, i believe. Redshirting isna different matter because a kid is eligible to ply in those games ... the only question is later whether it burnt a year of eligibility. Transfers are just not eligible to play that first year, i dont think.

Advertisement
Back