ASA Martin ?

Its an eligibility issue, i believe. Redshirting isna different matter because a kid is eligible to ply in those games ... the only question is later whether it burnt a year of eligibility. Transfers are just not eligible to play that first year, i dont think.

Yeah that was my thinking on it.

Advertisement
I believe Shivers beat him out for early pt.....the Alabama st. game was his coming out party...

Advertisement
Hopefully this doesnt eat up at him and he can just take this as a year to get his body ready...

One good year going forward and he can bounce out to the league

Advertisement
Why? We are pretty well off at RB. If the kids cool with it spread out the talent.
It's only going to get more talented and crowded next year. Dallas might stay for his senior year, both Lingard and Davis will be juniors. Burns will be a redshirt junior. And we are going to recruit at least 2 more Rbs this class with one of them being 5 star Chaney.

Advertisement
It's only going to get more talented and crowded next year. Dallas might stay for his senior year, both Lingard and Davis will be juniors. Burns will be a redshirt junior. And we are going to recruit at least 2 more Rbs this class with one of them being 5 star Chaney.

They've said they want 2 RBs this cycle since Diaz was hired.

Deejay is gone after this year almost certainly.

Dont expect any decent Miami RB to stay more than 3 years. It isnt going to happen.

Hope he grinds all year and really understands the position. I’m not worried about RB this year as long as Lingard comes back healthy.

They've said they want 2 RBs this cycle since Diaz was hired.

Deejay is gone after this year almost certainly.

Dont expect any decent Miami RB to stay more than 3 years. It isnt going to happen.
You got to be kidding me. Where is Dallas going? Unless he has a ridiculous year this year he ain’t going anywhere. **** he probably won’t be getting the bulk of the carries as the year goes on.

Advertisement
Hopefully this doesnt eat up at him and he can just take this as a year to get his body ready...

One good year going forward and he can bounce out to the league
At the end of the day he cant be mad. He didn't get a lawyer like most and even though he's always thought he'll get a waiver (which he certainly applied for) all he told the NCAA was that he deserved a waiver because the staff lied to him about his redshirt... that ain't gonna cut it

You got to be kidding me. Where is Dallas going? Unless he has a ridiculous year this year he ain’t going anywhere. **** he probably won’t be getting the bulk of the carries as the year goes on.

He's going pro. Just like Homer, Yearby, and Walton.

How many RBs have to leave early before people get that's just the nature of the position especially here.

And why would he stay? His senior year he'd have Chaney coming in, Martin, and a 100% healthy Lingard in the mix. He'd see his carries go down dramatically. This is Deejay's showcase year.

At the end of the day he cant be mad. He didn't get a lawyer like most and even though he's always thought he'll get a waiver (which he certainly applied for) all he told the NCAA was that he deserved a waiver because the staff lied to him about his redshirt... that ain't gonna cut it

Diaz just said they didnt apply. Why would he lie about that?

And Martin cant apply for one on his own. It has to go through the school.

Advertisement
Back