Artie's little bro wins three gold medals at Youth Nationals

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Congratulations to Thomas Burns of the Miami Northwest Express Club for receiving gold medals in the youth boys 110H at 14.15, 200H at 24.32 and 400m at 51.07 at the 2013 Track & Field Youth Nationals.

Burns happens to be the younger brother of current University of Miami defensive back Artie Burns – who is still among the nation’s fastest athletes.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...xpress-clubs-thomas-burns-gets-the-gold-.html

Advertisement
That's unbelievable genetics. TWO super elite national champ types?!?.... wow. Anyone know if their mother/father were elite sprinters?

Advertisement
Those are really impressive times for that age group. ****, I've only got one kid on my VARSITY track squad that can beat that 400m time!
Not sure how high the hurdles are for that age group, but there's only 2 HS guys in my area (Middle GA), that can touch that time in the 110! ****, this kid is gonna be special!

They need to have more kids. Preferably space them out two years for redshirting purposes.

Advertisement
****...13 or 14 yrs old and he ran a 51 in the 400m?!! That's sick. Sign him up!

Congrats to the young man

Those are really impressive times for that age group. ****, I've only got one kid on my VARSITY track squad that can beat that 400m time!
Not sure how high the hurdles are for that age group, but there's only 2 HS guys in my area (Middle GA), that can touch that time in the 110! ****, this kid is gonna be special!

What part of middle GA Kane? That's where I'm from and currently live until next month.

Georgiacane, the Macon/Warner Robins area. I'm in both towns about eqUally. U? Where U moving to?

Advertisement

Hurdles are quite a bit lower for that age group.

Still very impressive.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;bgpmHvoLNBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpmHvoLNBk[/video]

I mean it came out of Artie's mouth that they're gonna be 'Canes...

Advertisement
Back