Artie to Steelers

Advertisement
That's just it. He was asked to play in the worst scheme in the history of UM football, and we wonder why it still looks like he needs work??? You put Artie in the backfield NEXT year with what we'll be doing on the D-line and you'd see a much, much improved looking Artie Burns. Kid has all the ability needed to be a great one.
Under Golden, No-D and Williams, is it any wonder Burns is raw? Kid has the physical tools, if he can get the right coaching (which Tomlin and Lake should be able to provide) he's going to be a **** good pro. This Steeler fan is happy.

I'm a Steelers fan and obviously an Artie fan but I do have slight concerns about the pick on the Steelers end. Our secondary is garbage and a constant source of angst and ridicule within the fanbase. ****, even Tomlin has been resigned to only claiming that we'll have an "acceptable" secondary this year. I think there's going to be a ton of pressure put on Artie immediately by the fanbase to perform and not much patience for him to be developed. That said, this will probably be the first time in a while he gets anywhere near the level of coaching he'll receive and he's obviously been through enough personally that he'll hopefully be able to handle the pressure. Hopefully he's yet another Cane that blossoms on the pro-level very quick once they're finally surrounded by a competent staff. I do love how Tomlin loves him some Miami boys. We had a long stretch post Leon Searcy where Canes were few and far in between in the Burgh.

Advertisement
Artie will have a probowl season. I bet he'll be in the top 5 in ints this season. Anybody wanna take that bet. Teams will try to pick on him b/c he's a rookie.

Kid will do amazing in NFL. He made it in 1st round with a real NFL organization with history of defense even though he had to live through college with the worst defensive coaching in the history of football. Imagine were this kid would have been under a Butch staff or today's.

Artie will have a probowl season. I bet he'll be in the top 5 in ints this season. Anybody wanna take that bet. Teams will try to pick on him b/c he's a rookie.

What? This is dumb.

Artie is still pretty raw. Hopefully, they're patient with his development, but Pitt has not done well in their drafting of DBs as of late. They need instant help, so I'm sure he'll get his opportunities.

Advertisement
As Steeler fan I couldn't be happier. As a Canes fan equally happy. Artie will get great coaching and be competing against one of the best WR's in the game everyday in practice. More importantly, he is going to a world class organization that will provide him with great support structure. This is great for Artie, his brothers and his son. Play like a Cane young man and you will have an immense amount of success as player and the man of your family.

Go Canes!

and Steelers!

Of important note, the suck face OSU fans thought they were going to break or at least tie our record of 6 1st round picks. Artie took a DB apot they thought one of their cheaters should have gotten. Now Satan and Liar can sit around crying because some old fool named Larry still holds the record.

What? This is dumb.

Artie is still pretty raw. Hopefully, they're patient with his development, but Pitt has not done well in their drafting of DBs as of late. They need instant help, so I'm sure he'll get his opportunities.

So are you taking the bet or what?

Advertisement
Back