Artie to Steelers

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** the ESPN crew trashed him big time! No surprise.

What do you mean? They gave constructive (and IMHO accurate) criticism of some of his deficiencies - they nailed it with his performance in the second half of the Nebraska game; he got torched.

Don't forget, we're the ones who have stated for the last few years that we have all this talent that isn't developed until they get into the NFL. That's exactly what Mel and the crew said - work in progress, but he has the athletic size/ability.

NFL Network was going to tell the story of his personal tragedy, interupted it with the Broncos trade news, and never went back to it.

What do you mean? They gave constructive (and IMHO accurate) criticism of some of his deficiencies - they nailed it with his performance in the second half of the Nebraska game; he got torched.

Don't forget, we're the ones who have stated for the last few years that we have all this talent that isn't developed until they get into the NFL. That's exactly what Mel and the crew said - work in progress, but he has the athletic size/ability.

They went beyond that. He isn't the reach they made him out to be.

Advertisement
I remember when dudes on here were saying Artie would be a 5th round pick and he would definitely be back for his senior year........

Nailed it guys

They went beyond that. He isn't the reach they made him out to be.

I'm one of the biggest ESPN haters.
Despise that network except for a few like Gruden.
However, I thought they gave a fair analysis of Burns.
And at this point it doesn't really matter anyways as it will come down to Artie.

Advertisement
Steelers fans be patient he's going to struggle early BUT you got the CB with the highest ceiling not named Jalen Ramsey in this draft

Last edited:
Under Golden, No-D and Williams, is it any wonder Burns is raw? Kid has the physical tools, if he can get the right coaching (which Tomlin and Lake should be able to provide) he's going to be a **** good pro. This Steeler fan is happy.

I remember when dudes on here were saying Artie would be a 5th round pick and he would definitely be back for his senior year........

Nailed it guys
This was supposed to be the year that Tracy Howard was supposed to be a 1st round pick at least that is what people were saying this time last year. People don't understand how much measurables matter. Arti has them so he got picked high

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought their analysis was fair. At times Artie can be agressive in the run game and some times he wasnt. His ball and coverage skills are off the charts though and has progressed in the area a lot. Remember he was a former safety so he is still raw at the CB position IMO but has made improvements to his craft over the past few years.

Last edited:
He went to a great franchise. They will give him the coaching that he never got at the U and he will be a star for them. Kid has all-world potential and is a hard worker. He will make the Steelers brass look good as usual.

He will also have Chick up there in PIT. That place is a good fit for him. First DB they have selected in the first round since Polamalu. Ill be rooting for him young man deserved it.

Advertisement
Back