Artie signed 4yrs $9.59mm

Samson Doyo

Junior
Congrats to Artie! His hard work has paid off. Includes $5.175mm signing bonus. Happy for him & his family. As a Steeler fan also very happy. No question Artie is going to work his *** off to the CB they need.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Love him, but I hope the Bengals beat him at least 8 times over the course of his first contract.

Back of napkin calculation...that puts ~$4.25M in his pocket over 4yrs (peanut spread averaged to ~$1.05M/yr)

Congrats to him and his family.Hopefully he can stay healthy and flourish under some better coaching.Another Cane in the NFL and more to come.

Advertisement
He could easily get a house in Western PA for less than a mil too that'd be 3x the cost down here. He's already making substantially more than Duke so he should be just fine financially based off this contract alone (common sense permitting).

Any of you facquits monitoring his purchases since he signed? Did he buy too much jewelry or too fancy of a car for you facquits?

Any of you facquits monitoring his purchases since he signed? Did he buy too much jewelry or too fancy of a car for you facquits?

They were all just "concerned" with how Artie was spending his money. You know, "concerned".

Advertisement
Hope he gets some good advice on where to invest it...

For long term low risk returns since he has soooo many mouths depending on Artie I would suggest taking $2 million to create a portfolio of 5% Cash, 25% gold, 15% tax certificates , 15% to purchase HOA liens, 20% stocks (with 50% being Utilities & waste Management stocks that are dividend focused), 20% to buy section 8 housing within 1500ft of schools ( he can hire a prop. Mgmt. Co to handle this).

A diversified portfolio like this should return 10-15% ever year after expenses with very little volatility risk.

Go Canes

Last edited:

2vj1irs.gif

Hope he gets some good advice on where to invest it...

For long term low risk returns since he has soooo many mouths depending on Artie I would suggest taking $2 million to create a portfolio of 5% Cash, 25% gold, 15% tax certificates , 15% to purchase HOA liens, 20% stocks (with 50% being Utilities & waste Management stocks that are dividend focused), 20% to buy section 8 housing within 1500ft of schools ( he can hire a prop. Mgmt. Co to handle this).

A diversified portfolio like this should return 10-15% ever year after expenses with very little volatility risk.

Go Canes

Not enough in cash. Last year of 2 term president almost always ends in recession -- for those who think anything but the stock market ever got out of the last one. Fed has bubbled the heck out of stocks and inflated housing again. Dividend play is nice(most of my non-cash has been there for several years now) and the section 8 has merit but need to watch who manages it for you and protect against liability. Sold my last krugerrands at $1300 and haven't followed gold market much since. Is it a little volatile lately for that big a chuck? I like the liens but need to know what you are doing there or have whole lot of trust in 3rd party.

Word of caution from old man who has done this crap since 70's : 10-15% in today's world does not come without risk, I mean real risk. Risk ALWAYS follows return, it can be no other way. Remember 2007 and 2008? Best years I had since NYC almost defaulted on it Muni bonds. Nothing like being liquid when everyone is wetting themselves. You should always have dry powder, always. The problem for "advisors" is not much commission on cash, so it always seems a little evil.

Advertisement

He apparently won't respond to Warren Sapp's "loan" requests so he's on the right track. I hope all future jewelery purchases are heavily scrutinized around here though. That's money that could have went to a Roth IRA.

I'm happy for that young man he came to Miami when it wasn't cool to come to Miami. Worked his a$$ off took care of his family never got involved trouble off the field, never was a problem in the lockeroom true cane right there.

Congrats to Artie! His hard work has paid off. Includes $5.175mm signing bonus. Happy for him & his family. As a Steeler fan also very happy. No question Artie is going to work his *** off to the CB they need.

Go Canes!
Samsung

Ravens fan over here.. love Artie's story but when we play you all I hope Perriman and Aiken bust that ****

Advertisement
paranos I would never get portfolio advice from you. He should be 60% stocks 30% bonds 10% metals.. He's young he can afford high risk

paranos I would never get portfolio advice from you. He should be 60% stocks 30% bonds 10% metals.. He's young he can afford high risk

Hey A-hole he may be young but he has 5 people depending on him now as their sole provider. Stop trying to give out advice from your investing for dummies book, he needs wealth protection that generates some cash now so he can use to supplement his NFL income while reinvesting the rest . If Artie Burns gets hurt who is going support his brothers, girlfriend and infant child, especially when the markets start to correct themselves as the Fed raises rates and we go through a volatile election then its aftermath.

An FYI I was a commodity analyst for 8 years for the 3rd largest global commodity company. After that I went to work for a company managing a $600M Portfolio of Municipal Waste Franchises so I know the utilities and refuse markets very will, an by default the inner workings of public administration.

All the instruments I suggested are practically recession proof and low volatility. People will always use utility companies, as for waste management as they say three things that one can never avoid are death, taxes, and garbage. As for HOA liens, they are 1st order liens so in order to obtain a clean title they must be satisfied and they supersede everything except a Tax Certificate. An most times either the bank or homeowner or potential home buyer will pay you a premium to satisfy the HOA lien and prevent you from taking possession of the home. This is a basic explanation by the way

Tax Certificates you can look up yourself it is to long of process to explain.

The section 8 housing is guaranteed rental payment and by purchasing in a school zone you will not have to worry about illegal activities at your property. You as owner just need to keep the property well maintained (no slum lords) which you would want to do as descent person anyway. There plenty of cities were one can buy a house for $10k - $30k and rent it out for $600 - $1000/month, so finding roughly 15 homes to rent out averging $800\month will generate roughly $10k\month less 20% for the property manager ,expenses, tax's, etc. Also leaving $50k out of the intial $400k as a maintenance reserve would be prudent.

Hopefully you learned something today. Please don't hijack this thread, it is supposed to be a congratulatory thread for a young man securing his families future, not a poster ****ing contest.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:

Hey A-hole he may be young but he has 5 people depending on him now as their sole provider. Stop trying to give out advice from your investing for dummies book, he needs wealth protection that generates some cash now so he can use to supplement his NFL income while reinvesting the rest . If Artie Burns gets hurt who is going support his brothers, girlfriend and infant child, especially when the markets start to correct themselves as the Fed raises rates and we go through a volatile election then its aftermath.

An FYI I was a commodity analyst for 8 years for the 3rd largest global commodity company. After that I went to work for a company managing a $600M Portfolio of Municipal Waste Franchises so I know the utilities and refuse markets very will, an by default the inner workings of public administration.

All the instruments I suggested are practically recession proof and low volatility. People will always use utility companies, as for waste management as they say three things that one can never avoid are death, taxes, and garbage. As for HOA liens, they are 1st order liens so in order to obtain a clean title they must be satisfied and they supersede everything except a Tax Certificate. An most times either the bank or homeowner or potential home buyer will pay you a premium to satisfy the HOA lien and prevent you from taking possession of the home. This is a basic explanation by the way

The section 8 housing is guaranteed rental payment and by purchasing in a school zone you will not have to worry about illegal activities at your property. You as owner just need to keep the property well maintained (no slum lords) which you would want to do as descent person anyway. There plenty of cities were one can buy a house for $10k - $30k and rent it out for $600 - $1000/month, so finding roughly 15 homes to rent out averging $800\month will generate roughly $10k\month less 20% for the property manager ,expenses, tax's, etc. Also leaving $50k out of the intial $400k as a maintenance reserve would be prudent.

Hopefully you learned something today. Please don't hijack this thread, it is supposed to be a congratulatory thread for a young man securing his families future, not a poster ****ing contest.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Good stuff! I like the section 8 advice! When my wife finishes nursing school, I am hoping we jump into that market.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Dammn!! He ethered this post... Good shxt I'm screen shotting this right now. Lol

Advertisement
Back