Artie Burns PT

Allabouttheu95

stay home on gamedays Mario
Was very surprised Artie got that many snaps today... Is it due to lack of depth at the defensive back position ( Rodgers hurt and Bush not 100%) or is he flat out taking some ones job. Also I know he is a young but they really picked on him today being the freshman out there. He was just inches away on some balls to deflecting them which would of got us many more 3rd down stops. I am not bad mouthing him by any means because I know he is a stud, I was just curious why he got so much pt?

Advertisement
Young stud they probably want to get playing time as it seems they want to try Gunter at safety a little bit more (due to our lack of depth of quality talent there currently)

I was at the game so I don't get to see everything as well as I do on TV. But do you guys agree he got picked on today

To be a True Freshman He looked pretty good...

I watched him in coverage like any corner you get burned here and there...but the kid held up really well..
I like the combination of Howard and Burns at Corner...their cover skills are good

Crawford certainly is stepping up

Advertisement
I agree for a true fresh the kid is special I just remember seeing him giving up a couple big 3rd downs and i could see he was dissapointed about it too because he was inches away from deflecting a couple of them

Artie got picked on. He a freshman. But I'll say this. That 4th down play was a great def but it was a perfect pass

No. Gunter didn't move to safety till the end. Burns was in there long before that.

Advertisement
I know he got beat on a couple big plays. The one down the sideline that went for 56 (kinda fluky) and the big 4th down conversion in the 4th.

He played a lot because Wake was in 4 and 5 wide a lot. Simple deal. And he wasn't as bad as people are making him appear. He struggled on a couple plays, but he was pretty good out there for a true freshmans.

Advertisement
He played a lot because Wake was in 4 and 5 wide a lot. Simple deal. And he wasn't as bad as people are making him appear. He struggled on a couple plays, but he was pretty good out there for a true freshmans.

That's true didn't even think about the 4 or 5 wide but yea I am not taking anything away from the kid I just was curious why he got so much pt. In the long run it will be huge

All this. Golden is grooming him, you can see it

Didn't see the 2nd half but I remember him one on one w/ Companero on a 3rd and short in the 1st half. They converted the 1st but Companero got away with a push off.

Advertisement
Artie aint ready to play CB, simple as that.

He should get some looks at safety though b/c he's better then AJ Highsmith blind folded.

AJ Highsmith and Ty Cornelius should NEVER be on the field at the same time again. smh

AJ Highsmith and Ty Cornelius should NEVER be on the field at the same time again. smh[/QUOTE]

Haha i agree with you 100% but didnt cornelious pick up a sack today lol

Artie is a tick slow to get where he needs to go. The last 2 corners I remember that about as True frosh were Tracy Howard and Brandon Harris.

Not all that worried about Artie. Freshman CB's are just used to being the nastiest corner any High school kid has ever need at WR, plus high schools don't throw as much. The speed and precision of college passing attacks (except florida and Gt) is something that takes a year, and then some film study, to really get down.

Advertisement
Back