Artie Burns and Corn Elder CB Tandem

Artie will go, he has a family to look after. i agree he could use another year under a good DB coach but if the money is there he will take it. As for Corn i believe he will stay.

Don't know man. Burns mom did a interview in the herald not to long ago and talked about how she wanted artie to graduate and stated that artie wanted to participate in the olympics and he would have to go back to school to do so.

Advertisement
they're up there. both have great ball skills and intangibles that NFL teams look for.

i'll always wonder how tracey howard's career would've ended up if he played for a better coach

Tracy isn't that good, the coaching is sub par but it didn't keep Elder or Burns from developing.

In all honesty, they rarely throw at Tracy..... he doesnt have the speed of Corn or Burns, but he definitely has the ball skills and is a good cover guy....his speed is what will hold him back from gettin drafted high, or drafted at all

Really?

Tracy hasn't played bad this year. He's actually been pretty good and has improved his speed. He is a solid player and they do throw at the other corners more if anything

He's been thrown at more than any other CB on the team.

He hasn't played "bad" but he's been the "worst" of the three.

Tracy isn't that good, the coaching is sub par but it didn't keep Elder or Burns from developing.

In all honesty, they rarely throw at Tracy..... he doesnt have the speed of Corn or Burns, but he definitely has the ball skills and is a good cover guy....his speed is what will hold him back from gettin drafted high, or drafted at all

Really?

Tracy hasn't played bad this year. He's actually been pretty good and has improved his speed. He is a solid player and they do throw at the other corners more if anything

He's been thrown at more than any other CB on the team.

He hasn't played "bad" but he's been the "worst" of the three.

they throw at Artie more from what I have seen. One thing to note, the improved play in the secondary and receiver group is due to keeping their best out on the field. The players are more confident in making plays now. This isn't pow Warner league, everyone can't play which golden failed to realize

They're amazing when they aren't 37 yards off the ball
Yeah I noticed that, coach d is as dumb as it gets. You know a team is about to score on us when we go 2 gap and have corners playing 8-10 yards off the ball smh

Advertisement
From a talent stand point, they're the best since '04 when we had Rolle and Jennings.

Been a minute since we had two guys like that, but we've had some great cb's. Rolle & Jennings, Rumph & Buchannon, throw in guys like Maxey & Harris & Shields.

It's a **** shame to see guys that can cover like that play a soft zone.

Taking nothing from Burns and Elder, but I've see Burns break on one ball for an INT, during an actual route by the receiver! The others have come due to bad throws by the QB in deres, yet again, Burns has value due to his length and speed. Elder fights off his blocks and tackles, and is a decent corner, and has return skills, which makes him very valuable. However, neither of this makes Howard bad.

Tracy Howard's biggest hurdle to get over, is getting off his blocks, to make a tackle. He's had some balls caught on him, but he's rarely out of position.

Tracy's biggest asset is he's an instinctual player! BUT, I'll have you know that Howard is playing scared - not to get benched... Last year, Tracy got in the dog-house by bucking Dorito's off-man coverage system, as instead of staying with his receiver; he broke on the throw to the flats at the beginning of the Virginia game for the TD !!

I'm related to a player on the team, and this is the truth on how he got in the dog-house last year.

Ever since, it shook his swag, so now he's afraid to play free; which kills a player's instinctual value. He's playing not to get benched. #TrueStory

Taking nothing from Burns and Elder, but I've see Burns break on one ball for an INT, during an actual route by the receiver! The others have come due to bad throws by the QB in deres, yet again, Burns has value due to his length and speed. Elder fights off his blocks and tackles, and is a decent corner, and has return skills, which makes him very valuable. However, neither of this makes Howard bad.

Tracy Howard's biggest hurdle to get over, is getting off his blocks, to make a tackle. He's had some balls caught on him, but he's rarely out of position.

Tracy's biggest asset is he's an instinctual player! BUT, I'll have you know that Howard is playing scared - not to get benched... Last year, Tracy got in the dog-house by bucking Dorito's off-man coverage system, as instead of staying with his receiver; he broke on the throw to the flats at the beginning of the Virginia game for the TD !!

I'm related to a player on the team, and this is the truth on how he got in the dog-house last year.

Ever since, it shook his swag, so now he's afraid to play free; which kills a player's instinctual value. He's playing not to get benched. #TrueStory

**** it, man. I HATE HATE HATE this whole philosophy of hang back, make a read, don't take risks... it's like playing prevent from the opening kickoff.

These guys should be put in a system where they are rewarded for making a play. So stupid to value a tackle 5yds downfield over a break on a ball for a pick 6, especially when the whole **** secondary is already 10yds off the line. It's not like there's nobody back there. No risk, no reward. Gotta try and make a play.

Scott's cut loose mentality should help him get some of that back.

I believe it. It makes perfect sense..That fat sadistic game playing incompetent pig had these kids wound up so tight they looked like robots out there. If you spoke out or played outside the confines his soft Ped St prevent defense, you were made an example of. This team never " bought in", they were coerced into complete submission. I am absolutely convinced that that if someone dug a little, they would find that Jerry Sandusky had the same coaching style. Golden and Donofrio were subconsciously influenced by that despicable man. I am not at all inferring that Golden and/or Donofrio are in any way like that piece of human garbage Sandusky. I don't think Golden and Donofrio are guilty of anything other that being terrible football coaches but Sandusky's influence on them in terms of the psychological aspects of their coaching styles and philosophies are much too apparent to be ignored. Thank everything good that the Golden cancer has been removed.

Advertisement
So this unit is more talented than the 2010 unit that fielded one of the top passing defenses in the entire country?

Or was the 2010 unit just coached better?

So this unit is more talented than the 2010 unit that fielded one of the top passing defenses in the entire country?

Definitely more talented, we had a linebacker trying to play safety in Armstrong and Vaughn telemaque who regressed every year. Brandon Harris was solid and Demarcus van dyke was ok too. The dbs are more talented this year by far and they have made more plays collectively of any of the dbs from 2010. This group have ballhawks and heavy hitters as well.

i also heard dno chewed him out during the UNC game where he had 2 picks. fans really underestimate how much this staff hindered the development of most of our guys.

I mentioned Harris, but imo the biggest differences are Dline pressure and Randy's more aggressive defensive philosophy.

Advertisement

Definitely more talented, we had a linebacker trying to play safety in Armstrong and Vaughn telemaque who regressed every year. Brandon Harris was solid and Demarcus van dyke was ok too. The dbs are more talented this year by far and they have made more plays collectively of any of the dbs from 2010. This group have ballhawks and heavy hitters as well.

Yeah, I don't even think this is a question. I actually got rustled just reading the name Vaughn.

But they're still not better against the pass. (statistically) Not even close.

My recollection is the van dyke/Harris combo combined for a career 6 ints. Something criminally bad for 2 NFLers.

Last edited:
Advertisement

i also heard dno chewed him out during the UNC game where he had 2 picks. fans really underestimate how much this staff hindered the development of most of our guys.

I remember DNO getting on TH after TH made some plays. These guys are morons.

So glad Alfraud is gone.

But they're still not better against the pass. (statistically) Not even close.

Is this a real question? You don't think the soft *** zone we play impacts our statistics? That our D is worse than in 2010 is a testament to the ****** D scheme, not the talent level!!!

they're up there. both have great ball skills and intangibles that NFL teams look for.

i'll always wonder how tracey howard's career would've ended up if he played for a better coach

Really?

Exactly. Nebraska is still throwing at Tracy Howard.

My recollection is the van dyke/Harris combo combined for a career 6 ints. Something criminally bad for 2 NFLers.

Irrelevant. INT's aren't a true measure of good pass defense. They had one of the top passing defenses in the country. They also played a ton of man coverage, which makes it harder to get picks.

Advertisement
Back