Artie Burns and Corn Elder CB Tandem

Advertisement
I'm sure they are more talented than the 2010 unit. We'll just attribute 2010's production to better coaching and better pass rush.

Wait a minute homie. You said that coaches and schemes don't make a difference in how good a DB is.

You can't have it both ways Beardy Ryan.

No no no no no.

Don't twist my words around.

The consensus was that our "loose coverage" (or coverage principles) were making Tracy Howard look worse and that he should only be playing press technique because that's what he excelled at in high school. My statement was that there's no coverage that makes a CB look worse. (other than man if he's not capable) A good CB, particularly a 5-star one, should excel in all coverages.

I didn't nothing about technique, position coaching or pass rush.

Last edited:
More Miami fans overrating our players LOL.

Remember when DUke was a first rounder, lol?

Carlos Williams, Devonte, Matt jones are outplaying Duke.

Duke had 3 carries for 0 yards today LOL.

Who the **** is "overrating" anyone? The original post was about how Burns and Elder stack up as a tandem with other UM CB tandems. I happen to think that these two are pretty **** special. Having said that I am well aware of the fact that they are not finished products quite yet.

Also football is very much a team game. There are a multitude of factors that will have an effect on the statistics like safety play, pass rush, defensive philosophy and so on. When you compare Van Dyke/ Harris to Burns/Elder, we can look at the INT total, passes defensed, overall pass efficiency defense but a comparison like that only holds up if all things are equal. All things are certainly not equal. What I do is go by what I see and from what I have seen, I believe the Burns/Elder tandem is superior. That's my opinion however.

But guys I keep hearing how we need guys like Cholly Strong to put up the fence b/c we have no talent here?!

Lots of great players on this squad. Been that was for years and years and years. People were just too caught up in making excuses for Randy and Al that they didn't bother to notice.

Advertisement
Time will tell if they are the all-time best duo... funny thing is Miami hasn't really had that many great CB tandems in its history..the CB position along with o-line is Polly Miami`s weakest star producing NFL position. Maybe de as well. Miami's had some good/great col. Players at those positions but nothing like the s,dt, te, etc positions.

Advertisement
Back