Article: MNW sack master Smith transitioning to LB

View as article
Advertisement
Or he could be the Weaver Bros. They were similiar to this kid in HS as well. I am very weary of guys like this. If we have alot of extra scholies to give out or if he gains a little weight and balls out at the camps then fine. But I am still a little skeptical. And the coaching staff must be too. The kid has good film I must admit tho. And he is a hometown kid.

6'3" 220lb junior is pretty good size IMO. Says that they want to see how he transitions to MLB. I think the size and speed are there.

Louisville, West Virginia, Marshall? How are the kids grades?

major flag right here

I don't know what his grade situation is looking like, but if you are making that assumption based on the offers, then you shouldn't worry too much about it at this point. Those are all schools that typically offer South Florida kids very early on in the process. Remember he has a Clemson offer too.

Not really. Any time WVU is offering an early sofla kid, they are targeting the kid b/c he has suspect grades. Why on earth do you think Marshall is offering him instead of someone like...say...Sony? They jump on the kids who have ways to go in the classroom. There's no other way to spin it - when Loserville, WVag, Marshall, Clempson, etc are involved, grades are an issue. Clemson sucks academically, btw.

New, longer highlights.

[video=youtube;RvIrpDD7HgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIrpDD7HgE[/video]

Advertisement

major flag right here

I don't know what his grade situation is looking like, but if you are making that assumption based on the offers, then you shouldn't worry too much about it at this point. Those are all schools that typically offer South Florida kids very early on in the process. Remember he has a Clemson offer too.

Not really. Any time WVU is offering an early sofla kid, they are targeting the kid b/c he has suspect grades. Why on earth do you think Marshall is offering him instead of someone like...say...Sony? They jump on the kids who have ways to go in the classroom. There's no other way to spin it - when Loserville, WVag, Marshall, Clempson, etc are involved, grades are an issue. Clemson sucks academically, btw.

False. My wife is a Clemson Alumni. Not an easy school to get into even for instate kids. Most ppl go to USCe bc they are weak academically.

major flag right here

False. My wife is a Clemson Alumni. Not an easy school to get into even for instate kids. Most ppl go to USCe bc they are weak academically.

False, at least from my experience. Had a buddy in college that played golf for Clemson. He said it was a joke for the athletes. He said it was enough of a joke for the golf team - it was 100 times worse for the big sport athletes.

Or he could be the Weaver Bros. They were similiar to this kid in HS as well. I am very weary of guys like this. If we have alot of extra scholies to give out or if he gains a little weight and balls out at the camps then fine. But I am still a little skeptical. And the coaching staff must be too. The kid has good film I must admit tho. And he is a hometown kid.

6'3" 220lb junior is pretty good size IMO. Says that they want to see how he transitions to MLB. I think the size and speed are there.

if he was 220 he would have an offer he is more 205-210

Advertisement
And is this kid really 6'3?? I dont know because I have never seen him in person but if he is then that is solid height. Didn't McCord come in at 215? Anyway, you never can have too many guys coming off the edge sackin mofos so if he balls out again this year I say sign him up. But not a MLB.

Advertisement
Back