Article: Exclusive Interview with Luther Campbell

View as article
Miami loses out on key local recruiting battles on Signing Day and since...and this is what the narrative has been since...

-Matthew Thomas was never coming here anyway. Blame Ice Harris!
-Blame Ice Harris again!
-That ******* Randy Shannon.
-Luther Campbell is a scumbag who is detrimental to the program.
-Gatewood is another scumbag who sold a local kid to another program for his own gain.
-Keith Bryant is a troll!

Heaven forbid people say that Golden just struck out. It happens to everybody, ****, even Saban struck out on Bush and Burns.

I love Al Golden as much anybody...have supported the dude since he was hired...but, he made some poor moves in this recruiting cycle and the plebs just deflect to one of the aforementioned external reasons why the class wasn't as good as it should have been.

"It was doomed from the beginning" is a lot easier to swallow than "he didn't close."

Advertisement
A. He then ripped UM for kicking Finnie off. So that cancels that out.
B. he does that for every school. In that respect that is where I appreciate Luke. he works hard for his kids.

Miami loses out on key local recruiting battles on Signing Day and since...and this is what the narrative has been since...

-Blame Ice Harris again!
-Gatewood is another scumbag who sold a local kid to another program for his own gain.

Is that a bob, or a weave?

A haymaker that landed square.

Are you on Puke's payroll?

In this very interview to start this thread, he perpetuates a myth about Al Golden doing something bad to Ice Harris. And the OP didn't even bother to ask him the 'whachu talking bout puke?' follow up question. And you get into this thread with your comment that he called Ice the 'Don' so of course we couldn't ask a follow up question theory, which is pretty much vapid and gone from your current line of attack. Somewhere along the way, you switched to a new argument that Puke sends kids to UM so everyone here should STFU. Which would have been a credible cover for you to duck and run from the thread, except you keep re-upping on it and it's not a legitimate defense of anything. And now you're just trolling, with your bob and weave nonsense. None of that has **** to do with the fact that this site gave the guy a platform and didn't even both ask him the money question. He uses his platform to perpetuate Ice's bullshizzle about AG. So he is harming our recruiting environment at this very moment. And you defend him for sending Burns here, as if he somehow packaged Burns up for us. Did he send Amari to Alabama too? Maybe he doesn't steer kids away from UM like Ice does, but he's certainly adding fuel to Ice's firestorm. Which isn't good for us.

You don't know what really went down with Golden and Booker T.
You're a smart guy...asking to substantiate Luke calling Ice "The Don" is silly. If you don't know who Ice Harris is or what he is to the inner cities of Miami, maybe this forum isn't for you.
I've never changed course...my opinion of Luke has always been pretty much the same...he makes a lot of noise...but, he's harmless.
Of course the FACT that Luke sends kids to UM is a credible defense, don't be silly...as for your little Amari Cooper sidebar...I believe Luke was coaching at Northwestern for what...a month or two before Cooper committed to 'Bama.
You are sounding butthurt and flailing around. I suggested he ask Luke what was 'done to' Ice by AG, since Luke himself said something was done, and that that thing caused problems that will need to be fixed. It's an obvious follow up and not one thing you've droned on about changes that.

As for your melodramatic 'if i dont know why Ice is the Don, this board isnt for me,' gtfooh. All you're doing is signing up for Luke's methodology of ascribing labels to people, then ascribing emotions to those labels, then using said emotions as an excuse to avoid taking responsibility for anything. This "Don" you worship, was he the guy who stood idly by while randy torched what remained of the program after coker got through with it? He and Luke are a mutual admiration squad. And their agendas are not the U's agenda. And you've made no sense in this thread.

Also, your comment that i dont know what really went down is pretty **** self-serving. Do you? The only thing you're trying to do with that comment is bait us with the suggestion that maybe Ice and Luke have some legitimate beef to grind, which is to say, you're still carrying Puke's water bucket here. Tell me, even if you believe that, why would someone who "loves the U" air that **** out in public? Hint: they wouldnt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is that a bob, or a weave?

In this very interview to start this thread, he perpetuates a myth about Al Golden doing something bad to Ice Harris. And the OP didn't even bother to ask him the 'whachu talking bout puke?' follow up question. And you get into this thread with your comment that he called Ice the 'Don' so of course we couldn't ask a follow up question theory, which is pretty much vapid and gone from your current line of attack. Somewhere along the way, you switched to a new argument that Puke sends kids to UM so everyone here should STFU. Which would have been a credible cover for you to duck and run from the thread, except you keep re-upping on it and it's not a legitimate defense of anything. And now you're just trolling, with your bob and weave nonsense. None of that has **** to do with the fact that this site gave the guy a platform and didn't even both ask him the money question. He uses his platform to perpetuate Ice's bullshizzle about AG. So he is harming our recruiting environment at this very moment. And you defend him for sending Burns here, as if he somehow packaged Burns up for us. Did he send Amari to Alabama too? Maybe he doesn't steer kids away from UM like Ice does, but he's certainly adding fuel to Ice's firestorm. Which isn't good for us.

You're a smart guy...asking to substantiate Luke calling Ice "The Don" is silly. If you don't know who Ice Harris is or what he is to the inner cities of Miami, maybe this forum isn't for you.
I've never changed course...my opinion of Luke has always been pretty much the same...he makes a lot of noise...but, he's harmless.
Of course the FACT that Luke sends kids to UM is a credible defense, don't be silly...as for your little Amari Cooper sidebar...I believe Luke was coaching at Northwestern for what...a month or two before Cooper committed to 'Bama.
You are sounding butthurt and flailing around. I suggested he ask Luke what was 'done to' Ice by AG, since Luke himself said something was done, and that that thing caused problems that will need to be fixed. It's an obvious follow up and not one thing you've droned on about changes that.

As for your melodramatic 'if i dont know why Ice is the Don, this board isnt for me,' gtfooh. All you're doing is signing up for Luke's methodology of ascribing labels to people, then ascribing emotions to those labels, then using said emotions as an excuse to avoid taking responsibility for anything. This "Don" you worship, was he the guy who stood idly by while randy torched what remained of the program after coker got through with it? He and Luke are a mutual admiration squad. Ad their agendas are not the U's agenda. And you've made no sense in this thread.

Flailing around = addressing each of your points with a retort? Cool.

Which "Don" am I worshiping? I'm intrigued to know. If it is Ice Harris, you don't even know my opinion of the man. But, I'm curious to know how you know of he and Luke's relationship.

As for your melodramatic 'if i dont know why Ice is the Don, this board isnt for me,' gtfooh. All you're doing is signing up for Luke's methodology of ascribing labels to people, then ascribing emotions to those labels, then using said emotions as an excuse to avoid taking responsibility for anything. This "Don" you worship, was he the guy who stood idly by while randy torched what remained of the program after coker got through with it? He and Luke are a mutual admiration squad. Ad their agendas are not the U's agenda. And you've made no sense in this thread.

Which "Don" am I worshiping? I'm intrigued to know. If it is Ice Harris, you don't even know my opinion of the man. But, I'm curious to know how you know of he and Luke's relationship.
Since you seem to have ducked the key points yet again, i've bolded them, to help you stay on topic. Your penchant for twisting and spinning here is drewflakesque. Not sure what you're smoking but save me a hit or two.

No way this isn't a troll because Larry's a bright dude from what I've read, and there's no way a bright dude can't see that an influential guy in a community that is very important to us, who consistently rips Al and UM in every public forum available to him, isn't a *******.

So, now we're supposed to blindly accept that it's a positive thing that he wants (and pretty much demands) UM to sign all of the players he and his friends corch. He even demands UM sign a bunch of guys that UM (and most intelligent football people) doesn't think are worthy of UM offers. And guess what happens when he doesn't get his way? Yep. You guessed it. He throws a public tantrum aimed at making it appear Al is either racist or incompetent. He'll even join a known scumbag nole ******* like Corch Beanbag in making his case known to the public. Now, tell us how that kind of public **** flinging in any way inures to UM's benefit.

I'm going to call myself a fan of MIT, and when they don't accept for admission every member of the Dream Team I'm going to shout from the mountain tops that they're racists and don't understand the importance of allowing some mentally challenged folks into the hallowed halls of MIT.

A) First off..."consistently rips Al"...you aren't new. Luke has praised Al...he was one of the first to come on the air and vocalize Golden's movements with rectifying relations with the inner city schools...he gave Al a blowie on air when we got Thomas Finnie.

B) If you don't see how Luke wanting UM to sign a bunch of local players and has his players participate in a ton of UM related events throws a wrench into the narrative that Luke is "anti-UM" (which has been my point in this thread), then I am not sure how we can continue this conversation. It seems obvious, to me.

C) As for the rest...Luke's been doing it for years, ever since Butch gave'em the boot...yet, no one here has yet to provide an example of Luke's ranting and raving having resulted in a net negative. Which is another point of mine...he's ****ing harmless and you all get completely bent out of shape and full of rage over this dude going on the radio acting like a clown. The fact that I've dragged this thread out, troll or no troll with some of the best to lace'em up by supporting Luke Skywalker just shows how much ya'll overreact about this guy...the rage is equal to his ridiculous race baiting.

OK. I bow out. I'm bored and made my point.

Since you seem to have ducked the key points yet again, i've bolded them, to help you stay on topic. Your penchant for twisting and spinning here is drewflakesque. Not sure what you're smoking but save me a hit or two.

I'm not ducking...I just didn't think they were two points that were worthy of discussion.

The first...its a fair follow up question...just not completely necessary.
The second...typical Ethnicnyc psycho-babble posting...nothing to see, carry on.

Advertisement

I'm not ducking...I just didn't think they were two points that were worthy of discussion.

The second...typical Ethnicnyc psycho-babble posting...nothing to see, carry on.

Since the first point that you say wasnt worth response is basically the crux of this entire thread, you've basically outed yourself as a troll.

As for the second point, coming from a guy who seems to think Luke's race baiting and public crapping on the U isnt a big deal, i guess you're at least consistent. If i thought you were dumb, i'd understand what happened here. But you're not. And my point that you dont want to respond to was itself in response to your incoherent Col. jessup bull**** comment about how if i question Ice, i shouldnt be on this board. You're just dug in for some strange reason, and are intentionally flailing around. It's bizarre. Not sure if someone else took over your user name.

Anynow, it's pretty interesting to me that the Don of South Florida was on board with Randy for years, and we didnt get anywhere with recruiting. How did we ignore Miami schools under the Don?

Since the first point that you say wasnt worth response is basically the crux of this entire thread, you've basically outed yourself as a troll.

As for the second point, coming from a guy who seems to think Luke's race baiting and public crapping on the U isnt a big deal, i guess you're at least consistent. If i thought you were dumb, i'd understand what happened here. But you're not. And my point that you dont want to respond to was itself in response to your incoherent Col. jessup bull**** comment about how if i question Ice, i shouldnt be on this board. You're just dug in for some strange reason, and are intentionally flailing around. It's bizarre. Not sure if someone else took over your user name.

Anynow, it's pretty interesting to me that the Don of South Florida was on board with Randy for years, and we didnt get anywhere with recruiting. How did we ignore Miami schools under the Don?

Guilty as charged.

However, I do stand by Luke being harmless and not "Anti-UM"...a regular narrative any time he pops up on the radio.

As for the second bold...I never said that...I am just aware of who he is, and what he is down here, regardless of the result under Shannon...who, as has been proven by time, even his good hires yielded no net positive during his time (Stoutland and the Crime Dog for example)...and a man of your intelligence could infer that when Luke called him "the Don"...whether he should or shouldn't be or what his true influence is, is jargon for another thread.

-Blame Ice Harris again!

Heaven forbid people say that Golden just struck out. It happens to everybody, ****, even Saban struck out on Bush and Burns.

I love Al Golden as much anybody...have supported the dude since he was hired...but, he made some poor moves in this recruiting cycle and the plebs just deflect to one of the aforementioned external reasons why the class wasn't as good as it should have been.

"It was doomed from the beginning" is a lot easier to swallow than "he didn't close."

the only poor move he made he under estimated the racist factor from Ice/Luke/etc

Advertisement
At a critical time of the last days of recruiting, he goes on radio and criticize UM, something the recruits could easily hear, and Larry calls this harmless?
Man you're on an island by yourself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No way this isn't a troll because Larry's a bright dude from what I've read, and there's no way a bright dude can't see that an influential guy in a community that is very important to us, who consistently rips Al and UM in every public forum available to him, isn't a *******.

So, now we're supposed to blindly accept that it's a positive thing that he wants (and pretty much demands) UM to sign all of the players he and his friends corch. He even demands UM sign a bunch of guys that UM (and most intelligent football people) doesn't think are worthy of UM offers. And guess what happens when he doesn't get his way? Yep. You guessed it. He throws a public tantrum aimed at making it appear Al is either racist or incompetent. He'll even join a known scumbag nole ******* like Corch Beanbag in making his case known to the public. Now, tell us how that kind of public **** flinging in any way inures to UM's benefit.

I'm going to call myself a fan of MIT, and when they don't accept for admission every member of the Dream Team I'm going to shout from the mountain tops that they're racists and don't understand the importance of allowing some mentally challenged folks into the hallowed halls of MIT.

A) First off..."consistently rips Al"...you aren't new. Luke has praised Al...he was one of the first to come on the air and vocalize Golden's movements with rectifying relations with the inner city schools...he gave Al a blowie on air when we got Thomas Finnie.

B) If you don't see how Luke wanting UM to sign a bunch of local players and has his players participate in a ton of UM related events throws a wrench into the narrative that Luke is "anti-UM" (which has been my point in this thread), then I am not sure how we can continue this conversation. It seems obvious, to me.

C) As for the rest...Luke's been doing it for years, ever since Butch gave'em the boot...yet, no one here has yet to provide an example of Luke's ranting and raving having resulted in a net negative. Which is another point of mine...he's ****ing harmless and you all get completely bent out of shape and full of rage over this dude going on the radio acting like a clown. The fact that I've dragged this thread out, troll or no troll with some of the best to lace'em up by supporting Luke Skywalker just shows how much ya'll overreact about this guy...the rage is equal to his ridiculous race baiting.

THIS SUMS IT UP....

Larry either these dudes dont live in SO.FLA or just dont get it.
Like ive said...

1.)Luke is just noise most of the time..BUT he's a CANE...Any ol random dude with a um hat on can walk up to Luke an talk Cane football and dude would talk to you for bout 30 mins about it like u went to school with him or something.
2.) He constantly make sure his kids go to um events..This goes back to the optomist levels..Luke was selling Jeffrey Godfrey, Jaccari Gore, Sean Spence an them as Um guys before we even heard of those kids..
3.) U guys think he is "butt hurt" over Shannon firing and only reason he does this...NEWSFLASH he did this same stuff when RANDY was CORCH, or whenever anyone else was CORCH..he sells his kids..and he wants them to go to UM. Reason u dont hear him bring up any of the big 3 in regards to his top guys..he gives a sh*t about uf,fsu.

Now Ice's agenda might be a lil different.....All thats being said..the top player for Miami Northwestern is headed where?

Advertisement
Back