Article: Exclusive Interview with Luther Campbell

View as article
No way this isn't a troll because Larry's a bright dude from what I've read, and there's no way a bright dude can't see that an influential guy in a community that is very important to us, who consistently rips Al and UM in every public forum available to him, isn't a *******.

So, now we're supposed to blindly accept that it's a positive thing that he wants (and pretty much demands) UM to sign all of the players he and his friends corch. He even demands UM sign a bunch of guys that UM (and most intelligent football people) doesn't think are worthy of UM offers. And guess what happens when he doesn't get his way? Yep. You guessed it. He throws a public tantrum aimed at making it appear Al is either racist or incompetent. He'll even join a known scumbag nole ******* like Corch Beanbag in making his case known to the public. Now, tell us how that kind of public **** flinging in any way inures to UM's benefit.

I'm going to call myself a fan of MIT, and when they don't accept for admission every member of the Dream Team I'm going to shout from the mountain tops that they're racists and don't understand the importance of allowing some mentally challenged folks into the hallowed halls of MIT.

A) First off..."consistently rips Al"...you aren't new. Luke has praised Al...he was one of the first to come on the air and vocalize Golden's movements with rectifying relations with the inner city schools...he gave Al a blowie on air when we got Thomas Finnie.

B) If you don't see how Luke wanting UM to sign a bunch of local players and has his players participate in a ton of UM related events throws a wrench into the narrative that Luke is "anti-UM" (which has been my point in this thread), then I am not sure how we can continue this conversation. It seems obvious, to me.

C) As for the rest...Luke's been doing it for years, ever since Butch gave'em the boot...yet, no one here has yet to provide an example of Luke's ranting and raving having resulted in a net negative. Which is another point of mine...he's ****ing harmless and you all get completely bent out of shape and full of rage over this dude going on the radio acting like a clown. The fact that I've dragged this thread out, troll or no troll with some of the best to lace'em up by supporting Luke Skywalker just shows how much ya'll overreact about this guy...the rage is equal to his ridiculous race baiting.

THIS SUMS IT UP....

Larry either these dudes dont live in SO.FLA or just dont get it.
Like ive said...

1.)Luke is just noise most of the time..BUT he's a CANE...Any ol random dude with a um hat on can walk up to Luke an talk Cane football and dude would talk to you for bout 30 mins about it like u went to school with him or something.
2.) He constantly make sure his kids go to um events..This goes back to the optomist levels..Luke was selling Jeffrey Godfrey, Jaccari Gore, Sean Spence an them as Um guys before we even heard of those kids..
3.) U guys think he is "butt hurt" over Shannon firing and only reason he does this...NEWSFLASH he did this same stuff when RANDY was CORCH, or whenever anyone else was CORCH..he sells his kids..and he wants them to go to UM. Reason u dont hear him bring up any of the big 3 in regards to his top guys..he gives a sh*t about uf,fsu.

Now Ice's agenda might be a lil different.....All thats being said..the top player for Miami Northwestern is headed where?

1- He is "just noise" all the time? So what if his noise hurts UM recruiting just before signing day? Is this just harmless noise?

2- He is all about his kids, helping them and all is good. But this has nothing to do with UM, from a UM fan prospective. Especially if helping his kids, while honorable thing to do will hurt UM. It is all about priorities in life. His, it seems, are not with UM otherwise who won't go on the radio before signing day and bash UM coaches.

3- Whether he is "butthurt" or not is irrelevant. If he never gone publicly criticizing Golden before signing day this would have never been an issue and it would have not been discussed here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im tired of seeing lukes name on every message bored making him relevant **** him he knows nothing he is ******* retarded

No way this isn't a troll because Larry's a bright dude from what I've read, and there's no way a bright dude can't see that an influential guy in a community that is very important to us, who consistently rips Al and UM in every public forum available to him, isn't a *******.

So, now we're supposed to blindly accept that it's a positive thing that he wants (and pretty much demands) UM to sign all of the players he and his friends corch. He even demands UM sign a bunch of guys that UM (and most intelligent football people) doesn't think are worthy of UM offers. And guess what happens when he doesn't get his way? Yep. You guessed it. He throws a public tantrum aimed at making it appear Al is either racist or incompetent. He'll even join a known scumbag nole ******* like Corch Beanbag in making his case known to the public. Now, tell us how that kind of public **** flinging in any way inures to UM's benefit.

I'm going to call myself a fan of MIT, and when they don't accept for admission every member of the Dream Team I'm going to shout from the mountain tops that they're racists and don't understand the importance of allowing some mentally challenged folks into the hallowed halls of MIT.

A) First off..."consistently rips Al"...you aren't new. Luke has praised Al...he was one of the first to come on the air and vocalize Golden's movements with rectifying relations with the inner city schools...he gave Al a blowie on air when we got Thomas Finnie.

B) If you don't see how Luke wanting UM to sign a bunch of local players and has his players participate in a ton of UM related events throws a wrench into the narrative that Luke is "anti-UM" (which has been my point in this thread), then I am not sure how we can continue this conversation. It seems obvious, to me.

C) As for the rest...Luke's been doing it for years, ever since Butch gave'em the boot...yet, no one here has yet to provide an example of Luke's ranting and raving having resulted in a net negative. Which is another point of mine...he's ****ing harmless and you all get completely bent out of shape and full of rage over this dude going on the radio acting like a clown. The fact that I've dragged this thread out, troll or no troll with some of the best to lace'em up by supporting Luke Skywalker just shows how much ya'll overreact about this guy...the rage is equal to his ridiculous race baiting.

THIS SUMS IT UP....

Larry either these dudes dont live in SO.FLA or just dont get it.
Like ive said...

1.)Luke is just noise most of the time..BUT he's a CANE...Any ol random dude with a um hat on can walk up to Luke an talk Cane football and dude would talk to you for bout 30 mins about it like u went to school with him or something.
2.) He constantly make sure his kids go to um events..This goes back to the optomist levels..Luke was selling Jeffrey Godfrey, Jaccari Gore, Sean Spence an them as Um guys before we even heard of those kids..
3.) U guys think he is "butt hurt" over Shannon firing and only reason he does this...NEWSFLASH he did this same stuff when RANDY was CORCH, or whenever anyone else was CORCH..he sells his kids..and he wants them to go to UM. Reason u dont hear him bring up any of the big 3 in regards to his top guys..he gives a sh*t about uf,fsu.

Now Ice's agenda might be a lil different.....All thats being said..the top player for Miami Northwestern is headed where?

But so what? No one has said Luke is steering kids away, but he is publicly crapping on the team, program and corch, and adding fuel to the fire Ice has lit. That's not debatable. That fire may well have cost us kids, moreover, even if it didn't cost us Artie Burns. If other people were out there doing that, no one would cut them the slack that Luke gets from some folks, apparently yourself and Larry included. Which is interesting, considering he's also someone who was personally associated with NCAA violations associated with the program. He's hardly some benefactor or good luck charm for us.

I like how he called out Coley and Cristobal at the end. So the whole CFB nations says these guys are SoFla experts but FLuke says they don't know ****. Ok then.

I found that particularly interesting as well... considering that Super Mario has been the head man at FIU, coached at UM, played at UM, played High School here at Christopher Columbus, and was born in Miami. For him to say that Cristobal is not part of the community is fvckin' ridiculous.

What he means is that Cristobal is not part of the "black community". Luke is as racist as Al Sharpton.

Why put "black community" in quotes like it's not a real thing? It's important to recognize that Miami is unique in the scope of it's diversity, and is made up of many distinct and proud communities that all want to be represented within the hometown program.

Ice had to be let go, Randy let Ice (his best buddy) get away doing nothing while he was at Miami and Al needed his own person there. It's understandable Harris' feelings were hurt but Miami's been good to his family and his player was jerking Coach Barrow around and Ice should have stopped it.

Advertisement
You i ve read most onf the comments here i see that most of you really dont understand the dynamics of high school football in S Fl ..... I know yall think you do but you dont if you ve never been an school down here or if your not a product of the schools down here ..... Luke is actually very intelligent and the dude cares a whole lot i dint know how many of yall have done bookbag drives and feed the kids in the city but until you should hold yo comments on his dedication ....... Just my 2 cents

I have deduced by your grammatical wizardry that you definitely have "been an school down" there.
The thing that puzzles me is what all this have to do with his actions that are obviously detrimental to the U? They keep bringing up his care for the kids and his dedication to the community and all that which is nice for him to do (trying to clean up his old image) while completely ignoring the main point of contention here: His public bashing of Golden and the president.

Advertisement
Sounds like Luke has weighed in again. I'm sure Larry supports this view.

http://canesinsight.com/showthread.php/48946-More-Uncle-Luke-bashing-Miami

No idea why guys like Larry and gogeta defend Luke. Read that and tell me this POS loves the Hurricanes. He doesn't, he just loves to be in the news and be "controversial".

According to Llllary, anyone who criticizes Luke doesn't know anything about South Florida, and we're all supposed to just thank him for ****ting on the program and AG.

:ohlord:

No idea why guys like Larry and gogeta defend Luke. Read that and tell me this POS loves the Hurricanes. He doesn't, he just loves to be in the news and be "controversial".

According to Llllary, anyone who criticizes Luke doesn't know anything about South Florida, and we're all supposed to just thank him for ****ting on the program and AG.

I never knew you to be a liar. A cheat and a scoundrel...yes...but a liar? Shameful. To add to your female complex in this thread...I thought Id never see the day. RIP.

I never knew you to be a liar. A cheat and a scoundrel...yes...but a liar? Shameful. To add to your female complex in this thread...I thought Id never see the day. RIP.

Is that your fancy way of retreating here?

No need to retreat...I just wont feed you posts to continue to besmirch the name of a man that has done more for this University and the youth of South Florida than you could even imagine. Id rather you just say 'thank you' and went on your way.

Advertisement

No need to retreat...I just wont feed you posts to continue to besmirch the name of a man that has done more for this University and the youth of South Florida than you could even imagine. Id rather you just say 'thank you' and went on your way.

You've gone way off the deep end, my friend.

Advertisement
Back