Article: Canes Recruiting Video Countdown #4 Brandon Meriweather

View as article
Advertisement
This one needed to be #1

Every play is either someone getting laid out, pick6 or punt return to the crib

That is the way a DB is supposed to hit. Kid was a missile out there but wasn't taking himself out the play just for a bug hit.

Meriweather nickname in high school was superman or something like that.. He did EVERYTHING for that apopka team and lead them boys to states.. Everyone down here thought northwestern would win states that year but meriweather was a beast..

Good stuff, interested to see #1.. This list took an unexpected turn when gore came up soo early, like though

Advertisement
yes sir we whooped dem Bulls 31-16 in the smoke at doak...Meriweather played both quarterback and safety that game.

Last edited:
Kid was a monster. Wow.

I love how Gold seems to be getting back to the Orlando area. If UM had any presence up here prior, it may have helped with Brissett. It's already is paying dividends with Kermit. It can only help to pull a kid or 2 every class from the greater Orlando area. There are some good sized HS in the area...decent football players. Sapp's name is still thrown around in Apopka and Lang, iirc, is coaching at Evans or Jones.

when you watch these clips (which are awesome BTW) its not really the athleticism that stands out over kids we are/were recruiting. The biggest difference (especially defensive recruits) is guys like Meriweather, Armstead etc are always going forward at full speed. No hesitation, no pattycake with blockers, no bull****......just get the ball. Its why guys like DP stick out immediately.

still think Frank's tape jumps out as the biggest no-brainer sure fire stud. jmo

he had it all

Advertisement
Meriweather had a really good career at UM, but I'll forever remember him for getting trucked his freshmen year by Qunicy Wilson in WVU game.

Funny story about that nigh. I was at a local sports bar and it was the first night that draft beer was legal in the city. I got there at about 6 and a couple of my friend met me about 7. We stayed until the end and by the time the game was over our tab was almost 300 dollars and it was almost all pitcher of beer. We proably has $30-$40 in actual food. There were 3-4 WVU fans there talking **** all night and when Winslow caught the pass and we ended up kicking the game winning FG, they got in my face talking about "Guess who's not gonna be ranked #1 next week." A huge brawl ensued, someone said they were calling the cops, we dipped in my friends brand new Trans Am WS-6 and wrecked the **** out of that ***** right across the street from the sports bar with about 25 or so people watching from the parking lot. We never checked up and hid the car on a side street and called someone to come get us. We watched cop cars constantly drive by looking for us, but they never found us.

[video=youtube;tHr2DbCBHws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHr2DbCBHws[/video]

when you watch these clips (which are awesome BTW) its not really the athleticism that stands out over kids we are/were recruiting. The biggest difference (especially defensive recruits) is guys like Meriweather, Armstead etc are always going forward at full speed. No hesitation, no pattycake with blockers, no bull****......just get the ball. Its why guys like DP stick out immediately.

Great post, DP seems like the only current guy who has bad intentions when he hits someone

Advertisement

Totally agree, DP is the first player he have had other than Spence that has that kind of aggression when tackling. Merriweather was unreal in those clips.

No secret that Meriweather is one of my favorite Canes ever. He's up there with JBrown, Barrow, KDorsey and Ed Reed. I know, it's weird to have him on that level. I was always biased because he played football here the way I appreciate.

Advertisement
Look at the size of these kids.... we were big back in the days now you have freshman size players playing varsity ball...

Advertisement
Back