Article By Gary Ferman: OPINION: Golden does it his way.

Wow, a new low in writing quality for the often misunderstood Ferman. I felt like a blind guy trying to read brail on bubble wrap.

Agreed Whooping - very poorly written but not unusual for Ferman. He is all over the place with no real opinion or sense that you can grasp what he really sees. On top of that draining to read. His 6th grade teacher must have told he wrote well and now he thinks he is Stephen King. A slurper to boot.

Advertisement
comfort versus sizzle. the articles implies that it was a conscience choice by golden not to hire top guys. I think Ferman is fundamentally wrong. It is not that Golden did not want to hire top guys, it is that he cannot do so.

It is not that he does not want to win big, it is that he cannot do so.

what a terrible, terrible article.

Reading anything by Ferman always proves to be about as pointless as The Feast going halfsies on a Nutrisystem subscription with Reynolds.

Thinking the same thing. He can't get top talent. They all see the writing on the wall. One year gig then it blows up. No one wants to relocate for 10 months and Top flight guys have many job options. This one isn't appealing. Since Jedd Fisch left, it seems like his priority is to go after local coaches who can recruit S FL over their ability to coach at the top level.

He snared Fisch before Grolden's corching abilities were EXPOSED as a fraud. No real coach will join the hot seat now.

Advertisement
the%2Bjews%2Bdid%2Bthis.gif

1 more year,new President will determine direction on program and that includes entire Athletic Dept starting at AD level.

past 10 years have been awful period& a series of bad hires at AD and football coaches have contributed to this mess.
all 3 Coker O.C at best, Shannon LB coach at best( any one could have been great with talent Butch put together)
Golden needed another job before he ran a top 25 program. works well at UVA,Rutgers, Maryland where their is a low ceiling
speculation on new Coach will be very interesting as new President has to make call on a lot of issues that need to be addressed
if we are going to make the climb back up the food chain to prominence.

This is the type of unsavory articles that introduces (or re-introduces) your kidneys to Jack Daniels.

Advertisement
Oh Sweet Lawd. That's just pitiful. Worst article I've read over the past 4 years.

ALfraud:

superthumb.png

Ferman: Not saying it's wrong, not saying it's right.

SMDH

What a ******* idiot.

In Gary Ferman's world no decision can be criticized because it was made by a person who made the decision the way they wanted to. What kind of dentheaded logic is that? You make decisions any way you want, and then everyone else gets to judge the decision you made based on prior history and the results. Doing it "your way" doesn't grant you immunity if "your way" is ******* retarded.

Advertisement
What a ****ing idiot.

In Gary Ferman's world no decision can be criticized because it was made by a person who made the decision the way they wanted to. What kind of dentheaded logic is that? You make decisions any way you want, and then everyone else gets to judge the decision you made based on prior history and the results. Doing it "your way" doesn't grant you immunity if "your way" is ****ing retarded.

Unless you say it twice. Then it's credible and grants you immunity.

Is the Golden way of running a program going to work?

I don't think so. It has not worked so far.

Golden is going to win, one way or the other.

It might not take you to Pasadena or to New Orleans. It might mean Christmas in Shreveport one more time.

this **** doesnt even make sense. wtf is he trying to say?

Advertisement
Oh Sweet Lawd. That's just pitiful. Worst article I've read over the past 4 years.

ALfraud:

View attachment 29680

Ferman: Not saying it's wrong, not saying it's right.

SMDH

Exactly. As a writer - especially when you're writing an opinion piece - you should present an argument and stick to it to the end. This idiot completely throws his argument out the window with the dreaded "But" toward the end. He can go **** himself and he should be ashamed of charging people to read this idiotic garbage. He should be ashamed for calling himself a writer.

Who here is stupid enough to believe that we were going to be able to hire top coaching talent with our record and fanbase? I swear 80% of the posters here aren't qualified to run a hot dog stand.

"Regardless of who the coaches are, rest assured there will be a team of humans playing football on a field come Saturday."

Thanks for the hard hitting insider information.

Advertisement
Back