Article By Gary Ferman: OPINION: Golden does it his way.

UrPKKM0.gif

This gif is perfect, WTF did I just read?

Advertisement
"Coach Can't Seem To Do Right has executed some of those coaching moves you have been craving for."

He right about the first part about coach can't do right, but the second part is completely utter bull****. He didn't execute or orchestrate anything. He had guys jump at the first opportunity to get the **** out of dodge.

We can all agree or disagree on his new hires, but let's not confuse reality here. His hand was forced by those who departed and if he were to ever say they were fired, they most certainly wouldn't have a job as quick as they did.

The rest, just Ferman being Ferman. He should've talked about getting Barrow back on staff, but my guess is Barrow wanted no part of that.

Not a Furman fan but you can't argue with much of what he writes. On the other hand, Golden's options are limited if people think he's one step from the door.

Sperman is that rare breed of writer who actually manages to get worse at writing with more experience.

He snared Fisch before Grolden's corching abilities were EXPOSED as a fraud. No real coach will join the hot seat now.

Fish wasn't exactly a hot commodity. He was a position coach, who was a horrible fired failure in his only previous stint as an OC. The legend of Fish grew to wild proportions on this board, but his actual production as an OC wasn't much better than Coley's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Classic Ferman. This POS article is right up there with Gruden to UM, Al was offered and has accepted the Ped State job, Charles Robinson is one of the best investigative reporters in the business. What a tool.

In other words, don't demand excellence in Chumley because it's not his fault. He's doing his best, so give him credit for that, even though it (and he) sucks. Blame those who put him in power and hired him for a job he was never capable nor competent enough do.

In the words of the guy I was backing for the Miami job (Leach) before Hocutt fell in love w/Chumley's pillars..."Fvck that".

While I acknowledge that it was a dumbass hire to begin with, that doesn't give Chumley a free pass. If he knew he couldn't do it by himself, and "his way" wasn't going to work, then he should have surrounded himself with guys better than him that were willing to be key assistants and coordinators...and let them do their thing while he was the face of it all. Instead--he did it "his way", though (per Ferman) he knew it wasn't going to work.

In short--this is the final deflection of blame away from Chumley & Co...and it's ******* desperate as **** on Ferman's part. Weak sauce all around.

Correct, and don't forget, "fvck us."

Advertisement
the first half was pretty good. i thought it was going to be a real criticism... then it turned into a sneaky fluff piece.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back