Article: ACC Releases 2013 Schedule

Advertisement
Anyone coming up for the Pitt game hit me up and let's get this thang poppin. I'm ready to start tailgating right now.

Advertisement
GREENSBORO, N.C. - The University of Miami's 2013 conference football opponents and sites have been set to incorporate new members Pittsburgh and Syracuse into the 14-team league, the ACC announced Friday.

In 2013, Miami will host Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest at Sun Life Stadium. The Hurricanes will travel to Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh and Florida State.
As the conference did in its previous expansion in 2006, this year’s schedule of league football opponents is entirely a new scheduling model that is not based off the previous schedule. The complete 2013 ACC Football Schedule, including specific dates, is expected to be announced in early February.
Each ACC team will play eight conference games in football (four home, four away), six games within their division (three home, three away) and two games (one home, one away) with crossover opponents from the opposite division. In 2013, all Atlantic Division members will host their primary crossover opponent, while Coastal Division members will host a rotating crossover opponent.

Each school's primary crossover opponent does not change, while its rotating crossover opponent will change each year. With the exception of Pittsburgh and Syracuse, all schools will be playing their rotating crossover opponent for the first time since 2009. Pittsburgh joins the Coastal Division while Syracuse will compete in the Atlantic Division and the two schools will play each other annually as primary crossovers. The other primary crossovers will stay consistent. The primary crossovers are:

ATLANTIC DIVISION COASTAL DIVISION
Boston College Virginia Tech
Clemson Georgia Tech
Florida State Miami
Maryland Virginia
NC State North Carolina
Syracuse Pittsburgh
Wake Forest Duke

Also, as in 2006, the new model of conference opponents will result in repeat site games in order to balance home and away schedules. This year, taking into account the existing schedule, there will be a total of just six repeat six games, all limited to the 2013 football season.

The games with opponents traveling to the same site as in 2012 are: Duke at Wake Forest; Duke at Virginia Tech; Miami at Duke; Georgia Tech at Clemson; Virginia Tech at Boston College; and Virginia Tech at Miami.

Though the conference is releasing just the 2013 ACC opponents at this time, this schedule model may be used as the basis for a full, multi-year schedule in the future.
For the latest information on Miami Hurricanes Football, follow @HurricaneSports on Twitter and the official blog for Hurricanes Football, http://www.theufootball.com/.
MIAMI’S 2013 ACC FOOTBALL OPPONENTS
at Duke
Georgia Tech
at North Carolina
at Pittsburgh
Virginia
Virginia Tech
at Florida State (primary crossover)
Wake Forest (rotating crossover)

MIAMI’S 2013 NON-CONFERENCE FOOTBALL OPPONENTS
FAU
Florida
Savannah State
at USF

*all home games played at Sun Life Stadium (Miami Gardens, Fla.)
If you do not wish to receive our offers, please click here to unsubscribe

Here's the entire conference schedule for everyone who's too lazy to click the link:

6767767.jpg

Advertisement
Everything is now set up for a big, big season. Yea UNC and Virginia have given us trouble, but Golden cannot lose to them in his third year with how much talent and experience we will have. And I don't think we will.

I'm excited mane.

Everything is now set up for a big, big season. Yea UNC and Virginia have given us trouble, but Golden cannot lose to them in his third year with how much talent and experience we will have. And I don't think we will.

I'm excited mane.

AG can recruit. Now he just has to win, especially against inferior teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Duke or UNC for thanksgiving weekend would be money.....knock out visiting the in laws with alterior motives

It's time to start confidently getting excited about Miami football again. We have a real chance to win double digits and do some damage nationally.

Advertisement
Back