Article about Mario the QB killer

Difference is, this iteration of Mario comes with a ridiculous supporting cast. Gattis and Ponce alone bring a gravitas to the offensive staff he's never had before, IMO. Add in the defensive staff, profusion of analysts and GAs. If nothing else, UM is giving him the best chance possible to win.
Speak on Ponce if you can, I think he gets overshadowed with the other guys on offense Gattis and then Mario/Maribal combo on OL and even K. Smith are more "known" guys .. Ponce not soo much and he is QB coach and probably next in line for Play calling duties..

Advertisement
A CEO head coach is only as good as the coordinators he hires. Mario is a former offensive lineman who has been an OL/TE coach previously. If he’s smart, he allows his highly paid OC to run his offense. I can’t imagine he’s totally blind to the fact that even Nick Saban threw in the towel in on ball control offenses.

I don't know where all the amnesia is coming from. The points in the article were the very kind of thing people here were debating freely back when it looked like we might be looking for a new coach - many times stated more bluntly than the Oregon guy did.

Has Mario shifted his views somewhat? Maybe. I get the sense that succeeding in this job means far more to him, and as some have pointed out, coaches learn and grow. He's surely not blind to the perception about his time with Herbert. Now he has another QB that's already perceived at a very high level and he knows how it's going to be scrutinized. I'm hopeful his competitiveness will outweigh any stubbornness. If the offense/TVD regresses, Miami isn't the kind of town that will be quiet about it.

Don’t know if Maude’s want to put it in Duck Tears they can.
Did you watch Oregon last year? Brown was awful. My question is how did Mario not have anyone better? Lets actually see how the offense looks in game three before we panic. I still say the offense will be fine.

Advertisement
Yea but u will attract a QB regardless a stud will come even if u ran it all day. Them dudes were winning natties with an ancient offense while everyone was running spread. TALENT always dominates the long haul....pause. Those boy won without Kiffin....and Kiffin can't win now.
Anything that says regressed QB & Anthony brown in the same sentence is simply click bait.

Herbert was so poorly coached he balled in the NFL from day one. In the pandemic season no less, without traditional camp and preseason.

Meanwhile, Dwayne Haskins threw 50 TDs in his one starting season for Meyer. How’d that work out? Recent tragedy notwithstanding.

Fantasy football has ruined the sport more than some realize.
Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by FaZe Clan

They call it “Christobal’s offense”. He’s never been a play caller. He’s not the offensive coordinator. He may have a preference for a more power scheme but I think it’s really a stretch blaming a quarterback’s perceived “regression” on a guy who wasn’t an offensive coordinator or a quarterback coach.

Not only that, the author uses small, half season samples as the perceived “starting point” for both Herbert and Brown. As if those 6 or 7 games were enough to determine a player’s entire future career. College football history is full of guys who started their careers with a flurry and then never quite matched that quick start again. Spencer Rattler’s first season had people hyping for the Heisman and he fell off significantly his second year. Surely it was because Lincoln Riley is terrible with quarterbacks.

I don't know where all the amnesia is coming from. The points in the article were the very kind of thing people here were debating freely back when it looked like we might be looking for a new coach - many times stated more bluntly than the Oregon guy did.

Has Mario shifted his views somewhat? Maybe. I get the sense that succeeding in this job means far more to him, and as some have pointed out, coaches learn and grow. He's surely not blind to the perception about his time with Herbert. Now he has another QB that's already perceived at a very high level and he knows how it's going to be scrutinized. I'm hopeful his competitiveness will outweigh any stubbornness. If the offense/TVD regresses, Miami isn't the kind of town that will be quiet about it.
There is a difference already, in that Mario has an established, elite OC now, vs. who he had in Oregon. I doubt he hired a top flight OC and a QB coach who was emerging as a top OC at the G5 level with the intent of dictating the offense.

Advertisement
There is a difference already, in that Mario has an established, elite OC now, vs. who he had in Oregon. I doubt he hired a top flight OC and a QB coach who was emerging as a top OC at the G5 level with the intent of dictating the offense.
Joe Moorehead was an established coordinator. He was successful at Penn State (with Josh Gattis as his WR coach) and parlayed that to a head coaching gig at Mississippi State. He’s a head coach again now.

They said that about Saban for years but when u stack the deck a good QB will want to play with the toys
Also I like how the narrative changed from, he didn't get the most out of Herbert, to he regressed his development. As @TemplarCane said, Herbert did the unthinkable and came out the gate hot as a rookie. That outright states the opposite.

Advertisement
I’m not reading this thread. There’s lots of excuses for this. The best way to overcome this stigma is to be more aggressive in the passing game. He has a quarterback with a soft touch on deep balls. It’s 100% on Mario to show out and prove the world wrong. Put TVD in the a position to be an elite passer. Throw the **** ball and score a ton of points. It’s the ACC… we can do this. 100%

Meanwhile Justin Fields is destroying the Chicago Bears.
Wasn’t going to say it but it’s why I pointed out him and Fromm had the same results a loss to Bama. I don’t think Smart is a great coach but we don’t know for sure if you take out Fromm for Fields that it equals a championship. It’s not like OSU wasn’t stacked also.

Advertisement
They credit Taggart for Fields' freshman year, yet they didn't hire him when Mario left. I wonder why?

Good lord man, this basically a porst, not an actual article from a writer employed by a site or a news organization.

You may as well start a thread quoting Harry Caray is goat.

But seriously though, this is just some fan fiction by a butthurt Oregonian.

"Natalie Liebhaber, the FishDuck.com Volunteer Editor for this article, works in the financial technology industry in SLC, Utah."

Maybe she was the one who kept BOLDING and ITALICIZING key words in the article...

Advertisement
Back