Article: #1 Booker T. Washington at #6 Norcross Live Updates

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Starting the thread early, here are the numbers of players to watch:

BTW

#1 WR Lamar Parker (WVU commit)
#2 RB Mark Walton (2016 potential 5-star, Miami on top and he will commit early)
#3 RB Krondis Larry (Samford commit with D-1 offers. Scary speed)
#5 QB Treon Harris (FSU commit)
#7 WR Deltron Hopkins (App. St commit. Another track guy)
#7 LB James King (2015 kid I was impressed with when I went to their practice)
#9 CB Nigel Bethel II (Miami commit)
#19 WR Vaquan Small (2015 prospect who coaches have raved about. Track guy. 6'3")
#44 DE Demetrius Jackson (Miami commit playing in his first game)
#99 Chad Thomas (Miami commit)

Norcross

#5 ATH Myles Autry (4-star who is an FSU lean)
#23 TE Chris Herndon (3-star, Miami commit who was offered after a camp performance)
#25 DE Lorenzo Carter (5-star)
#48 LB Kevin Mouhon (4-star Tennessee commit)

I think Booker T. pulls it out, but I'm a homer. Norcross has the size advantage, while BTW has the speed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If BTW can jump on top early with the speed shock right out of the gate, then its going to over quick. But if Norcoss can keep it close then BTW is going to have issues. But I think BTW jumps on them early and then runs away. ICE coaches his best in big games! Ya'll may not like him, but the man is an genius at developing & maximizing the talent he is given.

This is BTW's biggest big boy out of state game since playing that first TV game against Summerville HS on espn in 2007.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
The South Florida teams that have had success out-of-state had stability at QB. MNW '07 had Jacory, BTW '08 had an effective platoon, and STA is always solid under center.

I believe Treon Harris is the difference and the reason Booker T will win a national title.

Last edited:
BTW, we have a couple of other games on ESPN channels today. Can someone list prospect and jersey numbers of players that we should be paying attention too?

Apopka vs Byrnes 12:00 ESPN
U School vs Highlands 3:30 ESPNU
Lincoln vs South Gwinnett 3:30 ESPN

BTW, we have a couple of other games on ESPN channels today. Can someone list prospect and jersey numbers of players that we should be paying attention too?

Apopka vs Byrnes 12:00 ESPN
U School vs Highlands 3:30 ESPNU
Lincoln vs South Gwinnett 3:30 ESPN

U School is not University School. They play tomorrow at 11AM against Homestead.

Advertisement
The South Florida teams that have had success out-of-state had stability at QB. MNW '07 had Jacory, BTW '08 had an effective platoon, and STA is always solid under center.

I believe Treon Harris is the difference and the reason Booker T will win a national title.

This is an excellent observation. It is a tremendous advantage in these types of games to have a leader and game manager at QB. I'd say that it applies to Florida especially (given their propensity to be the more talented team everywhere else on the field), but it's applicable to every state's teams who go OOS to play.

Advertisement
This Apopka game is semi-entertaining on espn right now. lots of big plays going each way. not sure if either team has actual big time prospects

Advertisement
Back