2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

So, recap: We already lost out on Scott and Jackson, Stone is gone, and now we might lose Jones to the Criminoles. At what point does Mario start to get frustrated with Joe because he has been getting bodied on the trail.
Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Not sure why you would want to cherry pick that one statement and not provide any context. The kid is from Alabama and from a school/area that Bama has had lots of success with. Recruiting is a results business. Are we handing out rewards for getting guys to visit and being the first to offer. WTF does that have to do with anything unless they suit up for the U. I wasn’t questioning the ******* hires of Alonzo at all. What’s exhausting is being told everything is going well when you can see with your own eyes it’s not.
No actually what is exhausting is reading comments like this all the time

People that get too high or too low during recruiting should sit it out but yet you’re the ones that talk the most

Its July. There is nothing that’s set in stone yet positive or negative until December so for now all you’re doing is driving yourself crazy and putting it all out there thinking you’re “keeping it real”.

You’re not. All you’re doing is being fed the same information we all are and somehow thinking by recapping it for us that you’re doing us all a favor. Its your perspective and for some reason you think you need to keep saying it over and over again

That is exhausting to me

Get ready for the roller coaster ride!!!!!
Yeah, I think that fsu will be the least of our problems if this kid has the year we believe that he is going to have.
Buckle up boys; but that's why we brought Mario here for... to win these kinds of battles!

Advertisement
Not sure why you would want to cherry pick that one statement and not provide any context. The kid is from Alabama and from a school/area that Bama has had lots of success with. Recruiting is a results business. Are we handing out rewards for getting guys to visit and being the first to offer. WTF does that have to do with anything unless they suit up for the U. I wasn’t questioning the ******* hires of Alonzo at all. What’s exhausting is being told everything is going well when you can see with your own eyes it’s not.
I also think I saw the kid is coming down for the bbq…I mean he’s good of course he will get offers but he hasnt decommitted or given us the cold shoulder

****, not to derail this thread but true story on this scene. The actor thought he was sabotaging the movie w/ this scene. This was not apart of the script & he was angry that he was casted in a role he thought he didn’t deserve. He wanted a bigger spot, so he went out of his way to try to fck up this dialogue, & it backfired. Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought the EBT update.. I mean the ATM update said we had all the momentum and things were looking up. Since that update Cole looks to be headed to UGA, Pruitt got a Bama offer, Breland is not coming, and our one DT commit is flirting with our rival he lives by. You can’t make this **** up. We are sitting in the mid teens in recruiting this late in July. I’m thrilled we got Jojo currently and got Jones to give us a soft commit, but anyone trying to sell this recruiting period up to this point as anything other than mediocre is just not being honest. Hopefully once the season starts we put a decent product on the field to sell some of these guys. This is not good.
Shaking My Head Facepalm GIF by Forever ANTi Pop

No actually what is exhausting is reading comments like this all the time

People that get too high or too low during recruiting should sit it out but yet you’re the ones that talk the most

Its July. There is nothing that’s set in stone yet positive or negative until December so for now all you’re doing is driving yourself crazy and putting it all out there thinking you’re “keeping it real”.

You’re not. All you’re doing is being fed the same information we all are and somehow thinking by recapping it for us that you’re doing us all a favor. Its your perspective and for some reason you think you need to keep saying it over and over again

That is exhausting to me

Are you kidding me right now? There’s more positive post and celebratory booty or regular gifs every time a positive article is posted. I’ve even joined in on the celebration. The amount completely out numbers the post of skepticism. There’s more top kids that are committing during the Summer than ever before because the window has moved up and they’re sticking to their commitments at an 80% rate. There’s a reason to be concerned. You prefer to be more optimistic and remain positive no matter what’s going on around you. I prefer to be a little more realistic and notice things are not going that well. However, you’re welcome to ignore if you like.

****, not to derail this thread but true story on this scene. The actor thought he was sabotaging the movie w/ this scene. This was not apart of the script & he was angry that he casted in a role he thought he didn’t deserve. He wanted a bigger spot. So he went out of his way to try to fck up this dialogue, & it backfired. Lol

That's an interesting tidbit. He's probably happy for how it turned out now.

Advertisement
So, recap: We already lost out on Scott and Jackson, Stone is gone, and now we might lose Jones to the Criminoles. At what point does Mario start to get frustrated with Joe because he has been getting bodied on the trail.
Im not gonna panic until its all final but joe and addae seem like dead weight on the staff in the recruiting department

Advertisement
Back