2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

It's sad good news gets glossed over so fast, and potential negative news gets talked about non stop
That’s one way to look at it. The other way is that it’s like fishing or a hunt. Once a player is committed the hunt is over, unless of course he tries to get away and it is renewed again like in this case. I’m not saying that some lean into the negativity just that unsettled and open recruitments will always have more activity.

Advertisement
hype williams banana GIF
Oh uon like dat **** so u gon drop a dime😂😂😂😂😂 BIG PAUSE

That’s one way to look at it. The other way is that it’s like fishing or a hunt. Once a player is committed the hunt is over, unless of course he tries to get away and it is renewed again like in this case. I’m not saying that some lean into the negativity just that unsettled and open recruitments will always have more activity.
Yea that's what I noticed too once guy is committed it's over and done talking about him unless something wild happens it is strange sometimes

I thought the EBT update.. I mean the ATM update said we had all the momentum and things were looking up. Since that update Cole looks to be headed to UGA, Pruitt got a Bama offer, Breland is not coming, and our one DT commit is flirting with our rival he lives by. You can’t make this **** up. We are sitting in the mid teens in recruiting this late in July. I’m thrilled we got Jojo currently and got Jones to give us a soft commit, but anyone trying to sell this recruiting period up to this point as anything other than mediocre is just not being honest. Hopefully once the season starts we put a decent product on the field to sell some of these guys. This is not good.

Advertisement
I thought the EBT update.. I mean the ATM update said we had all the momentum and things were looking up. Since that update Cole looks to be headed to UGA, Pruitt got a Bama offer, Breland is not coming, and our one DT commit is flirting with our rival he lives by. You can’t make this **** up. We are sitting in the mid teens in recruiting this late in July. I’m thrilled we got Jojo currently and got Jones to give us a soft commit, but anyone trying to sell this recruiting period up to this point as anything other than mediocre is just not being honest. Hopefully once the season starts we put a decent product on the field to sell some of these guys. This is not good.
Not great but it can turn on a dime towards the upside just as easily. Franklin could commit and the Breland and Cole news could still end up a whole lot of nothing. Then there is Heyward. It really is a roller coaster ride through and through.

Bi polar a$$ board. Lol. Chill out and enjoy your d@mn summers. Yall did it all summer and still doing it. Recruiting is a rollercoaster. Sign up to better help if u need counciling. If we get 1 piece of good news, every recruit is possible, if its not good news, no one is coming. Do yall know how stupid that thought process is?

In fairness, before the Jojo and Jones commit, after Scott committed to OSU, things were looking really gloomy around here regarding recruiting. Then it felt like in a blink of an eye, BOOM Lightfoot, Jojo and Jones jumped on board and momentum was back on our side. Long story short, recruiting changes daily. Lucky for us, we have an elite recruiting HC.

In fairness, before the Jojo and Jones commit, after Scott committed to OSU, things were looking really gloomy around here regarding recruiting. Then it felt like in a blink of an eye, BOOM Lightfoot, Jojo and Jones jumped on board and momentum was back on our side. Long story short, recruiting changes daily. Lucky for us, we have an elite recruiting HC.
Agreed, our upside is capped this cycle most likely but there is time left and if you land Franklin and Patterson before September, which is more likely than not plus one more and all of a sudden we have a strong shot at a top 10 class. We haven’t had back to back top 10 classes in nearly 20 years. Yesterday showed it can all fall apart quickly but until it goes left for Franklin and Patterson, we are okay. Again, the news about Breland, Jones and Cole isn’t good but it’s not death blows.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cole looks to be headed to UGA, Pruitt got a Bama offer, Breland is not coming, and our one DT commit is flirting with our rival. We are sitting in the mid teens in recruiting late in July. Recruiting is mediocre. This is not good.
Almost like we went 5-7 & lost at home by 2 tds to Mid Tennessee.

I'm glad recruiting is a grind. Maybe it's a wake up call to both players & staff (not necessarily Mario). Win or STFU. Nobody cares about the 80's.

Not great but it can turn on a dime towards the upside just as easily. Franklin could commit and the Breland and Cole news could still end up a whole lot of nothing. Then there is Heyward. It really is a roller coaster ride through and through.

Latest on Breland is his going to A&M this weekend. Cole has numerous predictions to UGA by different sites. I don’t believe you can call that a whole lot of nothing. Things are not trending well there at all. Franklin and Heyward would help. However, we’re still missing on more of our primary targets than we’re hitting. We’re about to be on plan B/C with LB. We’re already on plan C at TE. Our lone QB recruit is a development guy that would be a second QB in any class. This will be the second year in a row that **** will happen. I’ve followed recruiting for a long time. Obviously NIL has really changed the landscape, but anyone can see things are not flowing very smoothly for us right now.

Advertisement
Latest on Breland is his going to A&M this weekend. Cole has numerous predictions to UGA by different sites. I don’t believe you can call that a whole lot of nothing. Things are not trending well there at all. Franklin and Heyward would help. However, we’re still missing on more of our primary targets than we’re hitting. We’re about to be on plan B/C with LB. We’re already on plan C at TE. Our lone QB recruit is a development guy that would be a second QB in any class. This will be the second year in a row that **** will happen. I’ve followed recruiting for a long time. Obviously NIL has really changed the landscape, but anyone can see things are not flowing very smoothly for us right now.
You are preaching to the choir on QB. In terms of Breland and Coke, I said it could be a whole lot of nothing. Make no mistakes about it, the news we got yesterday was NOT good news but it wasn’t definitive. As stated, land Franklin, Patterson and say a Heyward or a McCoy and it’s a solid end to the summer. Not great and certainly disappointing based off of expectations but still solid.

There are other programs with **** records that are out pacing us. But point taken.

One of the things you’re *****ing about is one of our commitments was offered by Alabama? That’s really what we’re *****ing about these days? We haven’t won a bowl game since World War II and we’re taking the time to complain about one of our commits being offered by the best coach of all-time? Maybe we’re doing some things right in evaluating kids? Maybe Alonzo was a good hire? If we ***** every time a commit gets an offer from a good school we’re gonna crash this site. Come on man. Y’all really gotta look into bi-polar medication, this **** is exhausting reading this board.

Advertisement
It’s wild to me that people still play this Stock Up Stock Down Game every day

I hope it’s just for the message boards and not reality

One of the things you’re *****ing about is one of our commitments was offered by Alabama? That’s really what we’re *****ing about these days? We haven’t won a bowl game since World War II and we’re taking the time to complain about one of our commits being offered by the best coach of all-time? Maybe we’re doing some things right in evaluating kids? Maybe Alonzo was a good hire? If we ***** every time a commit gets an offer from a good school we’re gonna crash this site. Come on man. Y’all really gotta look into bi-polar medication, this **** is exhausting reading this board.

Not sure why you would want to cherry pick that one statement and not provide any context. The kid is from Alabama and from a school/area that Bama has had lots of success with. Recruiting is a results business. Are we handing out rewards for getting guys to visit and being the first to offer. WTF does that have to do with anything unless they suit up for the U. I wasn’t questioning the ******* hires of Alonzo at all. What’s exhausting is being told everything is going well when you can see with your own eyes it’s not.

Advertisement
Back