Art Kehoe

I was giving Chud the business at Casolas after a Thursday night game against sPitt. Kehoe walked in and Chud whispered something to him. Before you know it the man turns to me and says "You want to give the win back!" No need to mention, I shut the F up and sat down. Speedy recovery to the GREATEST Cane ever.....
He is never one to mince words and a great gator hater too. That he learned from the greatest of all gator haters.

Advertisement
agreed.

listen, art had his serious limitations as a coach. it wasn't a coincidence that jimmy, butch, dennis, ... none of them ever took art with them when they went on to other places in college or the NFL. yes, art loved UM, but he would have joined jimmy in dallas if he ever asked. jimmy never did. even other guys on the staff who personally liked art, and know him well, such as wannstedt, trestman, richt, or pagano, never really had an interest in having him join their staffs when they became head coaches. when art was looking for job, he always had those guys to call. no one ever picked up the phone, (metaphorically speaking). even richt, who has known art since 1981, interviewed art for three hours when richt became the UM head coach, and mark still decided on stacey searles.

but forgetting all of that, art kehoe lives and breathes UM. so much of art's identity is tied up in those 5 rings and what it means to him. i have always liked him, and wish him well.
Didn't Orgeron hire Art as an assistant? ED's won more NCs (even if only one) than any of those guys won NCs or Super Bowls.

Didn't Orgeron hire Art as an assistant? ED's won more NCs (even if only one) than any of those guys won NCs or Super Bowls.

yes. he did. but he was very disappointed in art, particularly his recruiting.

interesting read on it in Feldman's book, if you're curious.

and not sure I understand your comment about "those guys?" dennis, jimmy, butch, trestman, richt, wannstedt, … they all have NC and/or Super Bowl rings. some as head coaches, some as assistants. pagano was the only one who never won one, but the rest of them did.

Last edited:
Strokes are terrible. I don’t wish them on my worst enemy. You never truly realize how terrible they are until you see it first hand. Get well, coach.
Amen. I had heart attack, blocked Window Maker. Pain like I could not believe. Got stent and was home with in 48 hours. Suffered some damage to heart but take it any day to stroke. I watch my older brother suffer several years after his. Left side damaged -- we are both lefties and watching him just try to eat was tearful for me. Medics have improved but stroke still usually sucks big.

Advertisement
Amen. I had heart attack, blocked Window Maker. Pain like I could not believe. Got stent and was home with in 48 hours. Suffered some damage to heart but take it any day to stroke. I watch my older brother suffer several years after his. Left side damaged -- we are both lefties and watching him just try to eat was tearful for me. Medics have improved but stroke still usually sucks big.

Yes man. My father lost the feeling on the left side of his body for the rest of his life. Brain injuries are no joke. He still found a way to have a few beers on Saturdays when the Canes kicked off though 😂

Greatest Person to have a Beer with.....
Absolutely Love Art...
First, best to Art and a speedy recovery. I always got the sense he was as insane about Miami as I am/we on this board are... Just loves Miami. As a longtime lunatic about Miami from afar due to my location... @caneinorlando I would be down with hearing some of your stories. The likelihood of me being in Orlando are slim but if I am in that area you and I need a summit meeting.

First, best to Art and a speedy recovery. I always got the sense he was as insane about Miami as I am/we on this board are... Just loves Miami. As a longtime lunatic about Miami from afar due to my location... @caneinorlando I would be down with hearing some of your stories. The likelihood of me being in Orlando are slim but if I am in that area you and I need a summit meeting.
No problem...Anytime your around...p.m me....I'll invite you over to the house...The REAL Mecca of UM FB....Lol

Advertisement
In Naples in April but with my fam and Orlando may not be in the cards. My wife knows the deal with the Canes but that trip would not fly.
I grew up 30miles North of Naples...Great area...Might very well be moving back...I've been Condo/Townhome shopping for a month now in the SW Fl area...

agreed.

listen, art had his serious limitations as a coach. it wasn't a coincidence that jimmy, butch, dennis, ... none of them ever took art with them when they went on to other places in college or the NFL. yes, art loved UM, but he would have joined jimmy in dallas if he ever asked. jimmy never did. even other guys on the staff who personally liked art, and know him well, such as wannstedt, trestman, richt, or pagano, never really had an interest in having him join their staffs when they became head coaches. when art was looking for job, he always had those guys to call. no one ever picked up the phone, (metaphorically speaking). even richt, who has known art since 1981, interviewed art for three hours when richt became the UM head coach, and mark still decided on stacey searles.

but forgetting all of that, art kehoe lives and breathes UM. so much of art's identity is tied up in those 5 rings and what it means to him. i have always liked him, and wish him well.

I like Art Kehoe a lot as a person and hope he gets well.

With that being said, Kehoe is overrated by the fanbase. He was a pretty nominal assistant before Butch Davis took over. (In the days before there were NCAA limits on # of assistants, and you could have assistants who did very little.) The 5 rings, while technically true, is a little deceptive.

I grew up 30miles North of Naples...Great area...Might very well be moving back...I've been Condo/Townhome shopping for a month now in the SW Fl area...
All along west coast of FLA beautiful Ft Myers up Ana Maria Island and every inch before and after .
I advise anyone to rent a beach house B&B or even a hotel a mile away what a treat the west coast is .

GOCANES

With that being said, Kehoe is overrated by the fanbase. He was a pretty nominal assistant before Butch Davis took over. (In the days before there were NCAA limits on # of assistants, and you could have assistants who did very little.) The 5 rings, while technically true, is a little deceptive.
Kehoe has had a major medical event. IMO, any critique of his coaching in this thread is inappropriate. We all wish him a complete and speedy recovery.

Advertisement
Unless you’ve experienced a loved one whom had a stroke your mind cannot comprehended the screeching HALT your family life and everything takes and has to regroup with HUGE changes.

My mother died of the drug toxicity of years suffering from strokes and many times I held a pan to her mouth spitting up green Stomach bial choking in the middle of the night.

TOUGH is a soft word

All along west coast of FLA beautiful Ft Myers up Ana Maria Island and every inch before and after .
I advise anyone to rent a beach house B&B or even a hotel a mile away what a treat the west coast is .

GOCANES
Grew up in Ft Myers...lived on Captiva for 3yrs straight outta Culinary School...Ridiculously beautiful

Troll.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back