Art kehoe deserves to be retained

Advertisement
The reality is Golden only gets judged on the next 5 games, and they are more heavily weighted at the end. He wins 3 he's 100% safe, he win's 2 he's 50% safe, he wins 1, he's 25% safe. He wins zero he's probably 100% gone.

So wait, first of all, the 3 losses so far won't count?

And lmao at him being "100% safe" after going 7-5 with a team this talented.

Are you drunk?

Kehoe is the one coach who probably never leave the U again.....he deserves to be here until he retires.... he's developed Countless of guys. .. Bryant McKinnie, Chris Myers, Brandon linder, Orlando Franklin.... **** look what he did with Sentrel Henderson. .. of course he was a head case but he turned out well he starting for the Buffalo Bills over Cyrus Kouanjo, who was developed at Alabama

Kehoe is the one coach who probably never leave the U again.....he deserves to be here until he retires.... he's developed Countless of guys. .. Bryant McKinnie, Chris Myers, Brandon linder, Orlando Franklin.... **** look what he did with Sentrel Henderson. .. of course he was a head case but he turned out well he starting for the Buffalo Bills over Cyrus Kouanjo, who was developed at Alabama

this is a "what have you done for me lately" business and the answer is nothing except regress and take dumb selfies with the staff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just wait until Bud Foster pays him a friendly visit next Thursday

In 2011 we gained 519 total yards, including a whopping 236 yards against the vaunted Bud Foster defense.

and in what coaching way non recruiting has James Coley outperformed Jedd Fisch?

Jedd Fisch had some horrible games too. He was good at developing QBs and ran some nice trick plays.

that guy is so ******* overrated here. was he good? sure, but he had some duds.

He scored three ******* points against South Florida.

I can see your point wolf but he was without a doubt the best coach on this staff along with McDonald.

Did he have some bad games? Of course he did. While I dont know of anyone who is comparing him to Gus Malzahn, I would be interested in what he could do with the personnel we have now without a guy like Folden setting the tone.

golden is going to be the hc in 2015 and I doubt golden gets rid of kehoe. The ol has played very well since the lville game.

Just wait until Bud Foster pays him a friendly visit next Thursday

In 2011 we gained 519 total yards, including a whopping 236 yards against the vaunted Bud Foster defense.

and in what coaching way non recruiting has James Coley outperformed Jedd Fisch?

Jedd Fisch had some horrible games too. He was good at developing QBs and ran some nice trick plays.

that guy is so ******* overrated here. was he good? sure, but he had some duds.

He scored three ******* points against South Florida.

I can see your point wolf but he was without a doubt the best coach on this staff along with McDonald.

Did he have some bad games? Of course he did. While I dont know of anyone who is comparing him to Gus Malzahn, I would be interested in what he could do with the personnel we have now without a guy like Folden setting the tone.

best coach how? was he a decent player caller? sure. was he good at developing QBs? Yes. Morris had a strong junior season and Jacory for the most part looked better his senior year.

but what about recruiting? Gray Crow? Who were the other ******* losers he brought in that were complete failures? If Jedd Fisch were still here our starting QB against Louisville would've been Jake Heaps. Think about that.

Jedd Fisch may be a better play caller than Coley but Coley is leagues ahead when it comes to recruiting and identifying talent. Coley as a play caller isn't horrible. He is average but he is getting better with time I think. It's only his second year calling plays.

Coley is a much bigger asset to the coaching staff than Fisch was.

Advertisement
Ive said this before and ill say it again. Position coaches are only as good as the coordinators they coach for.

I get sick and tired of fans calling for Kehoes head. Every coach has their flaws and he is not perfect by any means but the guy has 5 rings and he knows what it takes.

Furthermore, HE IS A ZONE BLOCKING COACH! He does not coach downhill/powerblocking well AT ALL. Power plays are ones you will see pulling lineman instead of a cohesive unit stepping in one direction to block a "zone".

The zone blocking scheme is almost perfectly designed for the florida style backs like DUke and yearby.

It doesnt call for so much pileup and it allows quicker backs with good vision to find lanes and use their cutback skills.

Despite this clear fact both jedd fisch and coley love to run power blocking run plays.

I was ****ed when Duke got hurt in the fsu game last year because it was all coleys fault. You dont run a power off tackle on 3rd and 2 with a guy like duke johnson. Hes too small.

The pulling guard got jammed in the hole and both him and the d-lineman got rolled on top of duke breaking his ankle with 1000 pounds of pressure.

Switch that play to zone blocking and i can almost guarantee a first down.

go look at our rbs most succesful run plays this season... i guarantee you 95% are on plays that are zone blocked.

Kehoe really excels at that and so does our personell.

So think twice before you call for kehoes head.

We should coach to the teams strengths. not against them.

Dukes 80 yard run was Power O.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LTaWyOGyU

1 back power on his td...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm7g9e2Rhys

The first one is counter..... the second is toss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VGs_szTbwo

Point is....Duke can do it all. Try again. Kehoe can coach, it's Al that made the linemen rotate. Al plays YMCA football, everyone plays....

Golden sets the philosophy and tone. And he's so entranced with slower bulk on both sides of the ball, it's ridiculous.

THEN, the offense practices and works against the defense. That tests no one.

Art did good with the other coaches who actually used Miami speed.

The HC will make the decision. Period.

Ive said this before and ill say it again. Position coaches are only as good as the coordinators they coach for.

I get sick and tired of fans calling for Kehoes head. Every coach has their flaws and he is not perfect by any means but the guy has 5 rings and he knows what it takes.

Furthermore, HE IS A ZONE BLOCKING COACH! He does not coach downhill/powerblocking well AT ALL. Power plays are ones you will see pulling lineman instead of a cohesive unit stepping in one direction to block a "zone".

The zone blocking scheme is almost perfectly designed for the florida style backs like DUke and yearby.

It doesnt call for so much pileup and it allows quicker backs with good vision to find lanes and use their cutback skills.

Despite this clear fact both jedd fisch and coley love to run power blocking run plays.

I was ****ed when Duke got hurt in the fsu game last year because it was all coleys fault. You dont run a power off tackle on 3rd and 2 with a guy like duke johnson. Hes too small.

The pulling guard got jammed in the hole and both him and the d-lineman got rolled on top of duke breaking his ankle with 1000 pounds of pressure.

go look at our rbs most succesful run plays this season... i guarantee you 95% are on plays that are zone blocked.

Point is....Duke can do it all. Try again. Kehoe can coach, it's Al that made the linemen rotate. Al plays YMCA football, everyone plays....

I cant see these plays but im almost betting there all from the Cincy game where EVERYONE knows their defense is/was horrendous. I saw the power plays working in the cincy game. just paid them no mind because it was cincy.

now go back to a better coached team and a better defense in Duke and Nebraska and arky state and you will see the succes coming on mostly zone blocking plays.

The power plays are so slow developing that better defenses/defensive coaches know to have the lb key on that pulling guard and sneak in the hole after him?

Case in point of how Arthur brown, burgess and teo were able to make multiple plays in our backfield over the years... all mainly due to too much power running.

I understand als lineman rotation is stupid and detrimental but kehoes IS NOT GOOD AT POWER BLOCKING SCHEMES!

I hope you dont really think you challenged my post by posting a few runs against a team where just about anything works......-___-

Advertisement

I cant see these plays but im almost betting there all from the Cincy game where EVERYONE knows their defense is/was horrendous. I saw the power plays working in the cincy game. just paid them no mind because it was cincy.

now go back to a better coached team and a better defense in Duke and Nebraska and arky state and you will see the succes coming on mostly zone blocking plays.

The power plays are so slow developing that better defenses/defensive coaches know to have the lb key on that pulling guard and sneak in the hole after him?

Case in point of how Arthur brown, burgess and teo were able to make multiple plays in our backfield over the years... all mainly due to too much power running.

I understand als lineman rotation is stupid and detrimental but kehoes IS NOT GOOD AT POWER BLOCKING SCHEMES!

I hope you dont really think you challenged my post by posting a few runs against a team where just about anything works......-___-

Literally the dumbest argument ever. I've sat down with multiple OL coaches over the years.... they all teach power O the same. The basis of the play is "down, down, kickout, wrap around". Kehoe isn't your choice but he's a very good coach. The difference between Kehoe and some younger guys is he works more on actual reps then he does teaching 600 techniques.

Literally the dumbest argument ever. I've sat down with multiple OL coaches over the years.... they all teach power O the same. The basis of the play is "down, down, kickout, wrap around". Kehoe isn't your choice but he's a very good coach. The difference between Kehoe and some younger guys is he works more on actual reps then he does teaching 600 techniques.
------------------

Ok, and so have i. my best friend was first team all state o-lineman for my hs team and his dad has been coaching o-lines for over 20 years.

Ive heard them drill lineman technique crap into my head for countless weekends.

I agree, the argument is dumb because i dont even think we disagree.

Im not saying KEHOE cant teach the power blocking scheme. Im just saying hes not as good at it as he is the zone scheme. and our backs are better for zone blocking. And when you are facing a loaded box its much easier to block more guys than you have bodies for with ZONE BLOCKING than it is with power.

So im basically saying Cole and fsich are the only reason Kehoe looks bad at times.

Advertisement
Back