Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s an interesting take

1) the board is full of uneducated ppl that spent all offseason *****ing and moaning about every DT we've brought in because they aren't 300 lbs - despite the likes of Branson Deen playing extremely well
2) we have arguably the best EDGE class in the country right now, so I get the worry over DT which is fine but kind of weird to not point out that we're literally one of the best in edge rushers committed
3) we have Jamil Burroughs already enrolled who was slated to get snaps at bama
4) we went 5-7 last year, so whoever it was on here that said we were going to have the best DL class in the country and got most the ppl on here to believe it somehow, was kind of wild for that (although it may be true in terms of edge)
5) we have a month and a half left until signing day and the portal coming up

Advertisement
Wasn't his commitment originally kind of out of the blue and weird timing? Like he named a top 5 and then less than a week later committed?

Definitely feels like we got played.
It was , I actually heard Fsu and was surprised when he picked Miami. But I don’t pay attention to classes that are a year out.

Advertisement
We need a revamp of defensive line and DB recruiting. For me the defense has been a revelation. We got lit up v UNC but overall we have been vastly improved. Yet we struggle to recruit DL and DBs at a high level. I dont know who is to blame but something needs to change. This is one player but its a narrative at the position.

This isn’t on Joe. He just riding with the hot school. Very bad and big loss for the program no 2 ways around it.

Bro, when your DL coach is 0 for 7, something isn't right. And I acknowledge some of this may not be his fault, he doesn't control the money, but the fact is in all the time he was with Cristobal at Oregon, he never had a DT get drafted. Cristobal has never had a DT drafted, for that matter. If going to continously miss on DTs, then get someone who is better at getting the most out of the talent we do land.

Advertisement
1698017666591.gif

Advertisement
Bro, when your DL coach is 0 for 7, something isn't right. And I acknowledge some of this may not be his fault, he doesn't control the money, but the fact is in all the time he was with Cristobal at Oregon, he never had a DT get drafted. Cristobal has never had a DT drafted, for that matter. If going to continously miss on DTs, then get someone who is better at getting the most out of the talent we do land.
As we've seen before every head coach keeps coaches on staff that don't seem to produce but they don't fire them.Big Joe has Mario's back,big Joe is a 350 lb monster that's going to keep players and other coaches in check and Mario appreciates that.

Advertisement
As we've seen before every head coach keeps coaches on staff that don't seem to produce but they don't fire them.Big Joe has Mario's back,big Joe is a 350 lb monster that's going to keep players and other coaches in check and Mario appreciates that.
Yea this is a really bad take

He's also doing the other part of the job. Developing the players that are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back