Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
1698018134845.gif

Advertisement
Maybe he was never coming here...and maybe its just an incorrect assumption...but it seems we have missed on a lot of defensive line recruits from spring to today. High School and Portal Recruiting combine seem like a sky high number of misses. Overall, some real nice EDGE prospects have signed or are committed (Blount was a nice cherry on top, to be fair) and it seems a promising iDL or two in the mix...but just a high volume of misses. Perhaps this is the perception bias from casting a wide net...but it seems lots of misses.

Advertisement
Hes originally a Dillard kid. But It’s not good business to get on the bad side of coaches at one of the best HS programs in the country. Having a good relationship with these schools coaches makes things a lot easier in recruiting.
Is anyone going to elaborate on what they did, or is it a state secret? 😄

Advertisement
No way around it. This ******* hurt badly they won the battle on this one 💰But like I said I hope it was worth it for them because they burned some bridges on this one. But no way to sugarcoat it this hurts. This one was personal for me and the kid is a generational talent
I’m having a hard time following this whole thing about burning bridges. We’ve heard this before from other coaches and it really never matters.
Whatever good relationship we have at Central it must really not have mattered to the kid. And it also didn’t matter to FSU. They know the way south Florida kids works, you win and the kids are gonna wanna go there regardless of where it is, who it is and whatever relationships UM has with the coaches at his school.

Just like Mario wants to win, so do the high school coaches. And they’re gonna try to get the best players regardless of whether they wanna go to UM or not.

Mario isn’t dumb, he’s been around all this for too long. The fact that he let this happen under his watch sucks and fsu did whatever they had to do.
This is exactly the type of kid that your not supposed to let go.

If FSU wins, it doesn’t matter what bridges they burn in South Florida kids are gonna want to go there.

Advertisement
Is there even a reason to follow recruiting now with NIL ? These kids are not 1000% committed nomore . Just use the portal anyways
Trying to paint all kids with the same brush is not fair. I seen Clemson fans doing the same thing. It was way more volatile before NIL. Some players are different. Built different, motivated differently. It is what it is. DL have a high boom and bust duality. We will see how this one goes.

Reactions: JD4
It’s funny to me FSUs recruiting picked up after that whole Saudi thing a few months ago 🤔

They’re getting Saudi money. Clemson already is as well.

EDIT: they are not currently getting Saudi money, I meant to say they are getting it soon. The process is underway.

Advertisement
It’s funny to me FSUs recruiting picked up after that whole Saudi thing a few months ago 🤔

I've been saying it for a while, the only move now is to counter with a deal with Iran. University of Miami - Tehran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back