Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kid wants to be a Cane, and can reclassify, why not lock him up now?

Secure his LOI in 3 months instead of 15. Get him in the S&C program. Telling him to not reclassify (when say FSU, etc. would 100% let him) and wait another 15 months is a very dangerous game to play that we should all know better than by now. Especially with an elite DL talent of all positions. He’s better off being in UM’s S&C program a year young than a high school type diet.

Lock him up. Now.

Of course you lock him up if he wants to reclassify. But the 2024 class is loaded and we need to get as much of that talent regardless. So if that's not something he genuinely wants, it may work to our advantage. ... It's a win/win either way.

Advertisement
How does he rank/compare with the 2024 DL? Better than Franklin?
He better than franklin as an edge, dt its close. Stewart and Stone way better from what I’ve seen so far, haven’t seen enough of the others to judge.

He doesn’t hate Miami and if he reclassifies we’d be right there as one of the favorites/
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

I thought the kid was still at Dillard so I'm gonna just gonna keep quiet & hope it's really happening.

Advertisement
The 3 best DL I've seen in person the last 3 years are

-Bain as a junior against AH
-David Stone last year as a junior against St Frances
-Blount last year as a sophomore. I didn't know who he was before the Chaminade game but it didn't take long to learn his name.

all 3 against big time competition

keep winning and all 3 could reside in Coral Gables

Advertisement
They can talk sht about the stadium being too far from campus yet being a better stadium than most teams have in campus.

They can talk sht about attendance. But 50k would fill most cfb stadiums.

But when a bunch of recruits see a canes team winning and filled with kids that they played against or grew up watching it has a huge impact.

Kids like Bain, Fletcher, DP, J Davis, JDub, the brown brothers, Wesley, etc.

These players have a lot of clout down here and when they see them winning and getting love from the local media it has a huge impact.

This is what other staffs haven’t been able to capitalize on. They either couldn’t improve the on field performance or didn’t have the clout to recruit at high level in sofla.

Hopefully Blount jumps into n board.

Like scarily butt hurt. They’re living in a different land of delusion right now. Almost want Clemson to beat them, but would love for Dabo to lose and the Miami/FSU matchup to potentially mean a whole lot more than we are used to as of the last 2 decades
Always root for FSU to lose, sir. Unless it involves your family being held hostage or a direct inclusion of our program in a Championship, FSU should lose. The rest works itself out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They can talk sht about the stadium being too far from campus yet being a better stadium than most teams have in campus.

They can talk sht about attendance. But 50k would fill most cfb stadiums.

But when a bunch of recruits see a canes team winning and filled with kids that they played against or grew up watching it has a huge impact.

Kids like Bain, Fletcher, DP, J Davis, JDub, the brown brothers, Wesley, etc.

These players have a lot of clout down here and when they see them winning and getting love from the local media it has a huge impact.

This is what other staffs haven’t been able to capitalize on. They either couldn’t improve the on field performance or didn’t have the clout to recruit at high level in sofla.

Hopefully Blount jumps into n board.
UM starts a season 2-0 and every media outlet is asking (and hoping) that the U is back. We are good for ratings.
Watch any UM game and some announcer is expressing that college football is better when UM is good.
We have the only practice field that is referred to by the media. Everyone knows Greentree. Does Bama or UGA have a name for their practice field? if so, no one knows it.

UM is a local and national brand. When UM wins everyone notices. To borrow from Al Davis, “just win baby”.

If the kid wants to be a Cane, and can reclassify, why not lock him up now?

Secure his LOI in 3 months instead of 15. Get him in the S&C program. Telling him to not reclassify (when say FSU, etc. would 100% let him) and wait another 15 months is a very dangerous game to play that we should all know better than by now. Especially with an elite DL talent of all positions. He’s better off being in UM’s S&C program a year young than a high school type diet.

Lock him up. Now.
I 2 Million Percent agree with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back