Armella wins OL MVP at Rivals Miami, discusses UM recruitment

View as article
He was never coming here. I don’t even think he’s high on UM’s board. The class is probably going to be Carswell, Mann, and Amaama and I’m absolutely ok with that. You’re not going to get blue chippers unless you win consistently so those are the type of guys you recruit. Dabo did it this way too.

Why does FSU have 3 blue chippers committed and about to land a 4th in top 100 OT from GA that they will beat Bama for then? They **** sure aint winning consistently. What’s their magic secret? Why must we settle for that (which would be a God awful OL class and the worst we have signed since Manny has been an HC btw) OL class?

We need 4, not 3 with 2 of them being developmental types who shouldn’t see the field for 3 years. That’s how we got in this position in the first place. Signing 2-3 OL/cycle is **** poor IMO.

...and he is high on our board. Ya’ll gotta chill with that every time someone isn’t coming here saying that weren’t high on our board lol. Did it with the DT and that was shot down. It’s ok, we lose recruiting battles. This one wasn’t set up for us from the jump, doesn’t mean he wasn’t a priority.

You think he isn’t high on our board, but Bradley Mann and the Uso kid from HI, both kids we have offered within the past 2 months are higher than Armella? Someone we offered 2-3 years ago? Ya’ll gotta chill lol.

I am a little surprised that we aren’t in his top 4 but I did not think he would ultimately end up here anyway but this OL class is looking very blah.

I beg of someone to answer my question regarding FSU and us settling and not just use the typical copout CIS go to “quit whining” when there is no answer/excuse besides our OL coach is getting whooped on the trail right now and theirs isn’t. We can get blue chip QBs, DBs, DL, WRs and TE’s but not OL? This is simple math. As of right this moment, Justice aint cutting it on trail. Not time to call 911 yet though obviously a long way to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why does FSU have 3 blue chippers committed and about to land a 4th in top 100 OT from GA that they will beat Bama for then? They **** sure aint winning consistently. What’s their magic secret? Why must we settle for that (which would be a God awful OL class and the worst we have signed since Manny has been an HC btw) OL class?

We need 4, not 3 with 2 of them being developmental types who shouldn’t see the field for 3 years. That’s how we got in this position in the first place. Signing 2-3 OL/cycle is **** poor IMO.

...and he is high on our board. Ya’ll gotta chill with that every time someone isn’t coming here saying that weren’t high on our board lol. Did it with the DT and that was shot down. It’s ok, we lose recruiting battles. This one wasn’t set up for us from the jump, doesn’t mean he wasn’t a priority.

You think he isn’t high on our board, but Bradley Mann and the Uso kid from HI, both kids we have offered within the past 2 months are higher than Armella? Someone we offered 2-3 years ago? Ya’ll gotta chill lol.

I am a little surprised that we aren’t in his top 4 but I did not think he would ultimately end up here anyway but this OL class is looking very blah.

I beg of someone to answer my question regarding FSU and us settling and not just use the typical copout CIS go to “quit whining” when there is no answer/excuse besides our OL coach is getting whooped on the trail right now and theirs isn’t. Not time to call 911 yet though obviously a long way to go.

nAiled it. OL recruiting has been shaky this year.

Looks like we're going to have to use the portal for OL, this OL class is looking like it will be God awful unless we have some surprise recruits were targeting? I personally think Zion will return for his senior year, I don't believe the 1st Round hype at all. I think he's a Day 3 Prospect, he's likely going to want to improve his stock for the NFL by coming back. Next year we should have Zion,Gaynor,Rivers,Clark,Scaife,Seymore, Rodriguez, McLaughlin,Walker and Justice all coming back so we should be fine.

Advertisement
Looks like we're going to have to use the portal for OL, this OL class is looking like it will be God awful unless we have some surprise recruits were targeting? I personally think Zion will return for his senior year, I don't believe the 1st Round hype at all. I think he's a Day 3 Prospect, he's likely going to want to improve his stock for the NFL by coming back. Next year we should have Zion,Gaynor,Rivers,Clark,Scaife,Seymore, Rodriguez, McLaughlin,Walker and Justice all coming back so we should be fine.

I agree on Zion. If he has a monster year then I wouldn’t be mad at him leaving but as of now, I’m with you. Him coming back would ease alot.

I agree on Zion. If he has a monster year then I wouldn’t be mad at him leaving but as of now, I’m with you. Him coming back would ease alot.
Yeah I just didn't see a 1st Round caliber LT last season. I mean he's good but I would touch until rounds 4 or 5 based off last season and that's based off pure upside. It's possible he can have a monster season though, if he's a lock to go in the Top 2 Rounds then he should probably enter the draft but if not he needs to return

I beg of someone to answer my question regarding FSU and us settling and not just use the typical copout CIS go to “quit whining” when there is no answer/excuse besides our OL coach is getting whooped on the trail right now and theirs isn’t. We can get blue chip QBs, DBs, DL, WRs and TE’s but not OL? This is simple math. As of right this moment, Justice aint cutting it on trail. Not time to call 911 yet though obviously a long way to go.
I don’t see a lot of effort being put forth to Armella at all hence the comment? Armella wasn’t Garin’s offer. It’s a poor OL class throughout the state and I still haven’t ruled out Agbo, it’s just too close for me to put a ruling on it. That’s why there’s no traction.

How is that the worst class? Mann and Carswell are probably better prospects than Washington coming out and Amaama might be the best interior prospect we take in Manny’s tenure but because he’s in Utah he’s rated the way he’s rated.

You’re also going to pretend that FSU didn’t win a championship this past decade? Are you also going to pretend that their fall from grace is like ours? We just produced our first 10 win season since ‘03…it’s 2021…FSU was winning 5 years ago. **** man now you got me giving praise to the ******* noles…

Lol then you’re in for a shock in February. Dude went up against 5 nfl prospects and didn’t give up a sack plus completely dominated them. This years tape is going to do nothing but solidify his 1st round status.

Advertisement
Lol then you’re in for a shock in February. Dude went up against 5 nfl prospects and didn’t give up a sack plus completely dominated them. This years tape is going to do nothing but solidify his 1st round status.
Who did he dominate?

Who did he dominate?
He completely dominated Patrick Jones and Reshad Weaver. In fact he dominated them so bad that they were intentionally lining them up out of position trying to create pressure. He stonewalled Chris Rumph. He stonewalled Charles Snowden. Myles Murphy and Xavier Thomas were non factor in the Clemson game. You just don’t want to admit you were wrong about him.

Advertisement
He completely dominated Patrick Jones and Reshad Weaver. In fact he dominated them so bad that they were intentionally lining them up out of position trying to create pressure. He stonewalled Chris Rumph. He stonewalled Charles Snowden. Myles Murphy and Xavier Thomas were non factor in the Clemson game. You just don’t want to admit you were wrong about him.
I'll have yo watch the Clemson game again...not disagreeing with you but I just don't remember anyone on our OL dominating that night.

Wrong about him? I never said I didn't like Zion 😂. Also I just watched the Pitt Game today and Zion definitely didn't dominate Pitt, not even close. He graded out lower then a 65. The only game he really dominated was Duke. Zion played only half the game against Clemson and graded out as a 63.1

Advertisement
We gotta remember that Armella, Wesley, Shemar, MJJ are going to have so many opportunities to visit campus during the season. We get hot and stack W's, these visits are going to be huge.

I don’t see a lot of effort being put forth to Armella at all hence the comment? Armella wasn’t Garin’s offer. It’s a poor OL class throughout the state and I still haven’t ruled out Agbo, it’s just too close for me to put a ruling on it. That’s why there’s no traction.

How is that the worst class? Mann and Carswell are probably better prospects than Washington coming out and Amaama might be the best interior prospect we take in Manny’s tenure but because he’s in Utah he’s rated the way he’s rated.

You’re also going to pretend that FSU didn’t win a championship this past decade? Are you also going to pretend that their fall from grace is like ours? We just produced our first 10 win season since ‘03…it’s 2021…FSU was winning 5 years ago. **** man now you got me giving praise to the ******* noles…

Agree to disagree

FSU winning a ring 7 years ago with a different staff but being **** poor since 2017 isn’t an excuse for them to be wiping the floor with OL recruiting while we sit and hope for 3* Pitt commits and a kid from HI whose next best P5 offer is UVA. JMO.

Wrong about him? I never said I didn't like Zion 😂. Also I just watched the Pitt Game today and Zion definitely didn't dominate Pitt, not even close. He graded out lower then a 65. The only game he really dominated was Duke. Zion played only half the game against Clemson and graded out as a 63.1

Full of it. He didn’t give up a sack the ENTIRE game and they were intentionally avoiding. Everybody noticed it in the game chat. Lol at a PFF score. Next you’re gonna tell me Billy Turner is one of the best guard in the NFL because PFF has him graded 10th.

Full of it. He didn’t give up a sack the ENTIRE game and they were intentionally avoiding. Everybody noticed it in the game chat. Lol at a PFF score. Next you’re gonna tell me Billy Turner is one of the best guard in the NFL because PFF has him graded 10th.
Watch from 3:45 to 4:10 in the video I provided. He literally gets beat 3 times straight. Zion nelson did not to play like a 1st Round OT last season... He didn't even start until a few weeks in. He was a quality starter but far from from a 1st Round caliber OT. He's getting the hype based of his upside, not what he's already done

Advertisement
Back