Armella wins OL MVP at Rivals Miami, discusses UM recruitment

View as article
Isn’t the whole rap with his recruitment that Dad wants him at FSU and Mom wants him at UM? Both don‘t want him at the others‘ school so he probably will head out of state.

Old info. Dad has been pushing him to LSU recently. Even went to Baton Rouge to meet with the coaches while Julian was out of town.

Advertisement
Old info. Dad has been pushing him to LSU recently. Even went to Baton Rouge to meet with the coaches while Julian was out of town.
I wouldn't say old information. Dad wants him at FSU but Mom will not sign off on it so he is pushing LSU as the fall back option.

Advertisement
If what is being said is true the Dad is hustling backwards. If the mom wont agree to him going to FSU because of the distance why the **** would she let him go to LSU then? From all reports on this kid from the very beginning the mom doesnt want him far from home. The dad sounds like an amateur right about now.

This whole situation sounds like alot of drama. But this is clearly a "Sept-Dec" type recruit. We want to pull him and make this easy on the mom we need to show a **** good product on the field this year.

If what is being said is true the Dad is hustling backwards. If the mom wont agree to him going to FSU because of the distance why the **** would she let him go to LSU then? From all reports on this kid from the very beginning the mom doesnt want him far from home. The dad sounds like an amateur right about now.

This whole situation sounds like alot of drama. But this is clearly a "Sept-Dec" type recruit. We want to pull him and make this easy on the mom we need to show a **** good product on the field this year.
The mom is probably just being vindictive and doesn't want the kid at Dads alma mater, works for me though if it keeps him out of FSpoo and into our hands somehow.

Advertisement

Was with your post until the show a good product part. Kid is willing to go to the train wreck up north hard to think the product is a consideration.

Gaby from 247:

- Not related to the game, but a source with knowledge of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas Top247 offensive lineman Julian Armella's recruitment told me that Miami will not make the cut once the senior drops his top four. I’ll do more digging as to why that is the case, but I wouldn’t count on Miami being on his list of finalists.

Gaby from 247:

- Not related to the game, but a source with knowledge of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas Top247 offensive lineman Julian Armella's recruitment told me that Miami will not make the cut once the senior drops his top four. I’ll do more digging as to why that is the case, but I wouldn’t count on Miami being on his list of finalists.
It's going to be a roller coaster with him. Whether we make this cut or not, I see him attending practices and games. Chip, chip, chip.

Advertisement
Kid is talented but his family situation is a disaster. He needs to do what he wants to do not his dad, uncles or other handlers.
Is he that talented? This is the type of kid that goes SEC and won’t be ever heard of again until he winds up in the portal after his Sophomore year.

I check this thread from time to time, but I’m 100% blasé about getting him.

Not because he’s not a great prospect, obviously he is, but because of all the other factors surrounding the recruitment including the most obvious, an apparent lack of real interest. from what I’m reading.

Why torture yourself over this?

You do make the effort because of the talent, but you don’t let it take away from other more likely recruits who you might have a greater chance with.

I figure, let the coaches work. My attitude is: leave it in God’s hands. TBH, I’m not even the most religious person in the world. Just my two cents.

Please carry-on.

Advertisement
Gaby from 247:

He was never coming here. I don’t even think he’s high on UM’s board. The class is probably going to be Carswell, Mann, and Amaama and I’m absolutely ok with that. You’re not going to get blue chippers unless you win consistently so those are the type of guys you recruit. Dabo did it this way too.

He was never coming here. I don’t even think he’s high on UM’s board. The class is probably going to be Carswell, Mann, and Amaama and I’m absolutely ok with that. You’re not going to get blue chippers unless you win consistently so those are the type of guys you recruit. Dabo did it this way too.

I think we get a couple more Portal guys. In particular Martinez and Dumervil at LSU. The OL coach that recruited them is gone and neither projected to be in the 2 deep.

If I was Diaz/Justice those are who I would target.

Advertisement
Back