Arkansas vs OleMiss

I watched Saban and Kirby demonstrate against these two teams that’s not exactly the case

We'll see all the end of the season. Both teams will get in shootouts at some point. The days where a team could have a mediocre offense and great defense and still be competitive for a title are long gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure his team was the underdog and he just notched a W over a top 15 team.
Couldn’t care less. He gave up 2 games worth of rushing yards and I watched a team that just took a gut punch move the ball down the field at will. It’ll not only a no it’s a giant no.

I think posters don’t understand the point when we praise these other coaches
Yes all coaches have faults
But our current coach is the bottom of the barrel
I guarantee ole miss and Arkansas both best manny by 4 tds

I think posters don’t understand the point when we praise these other coaches
Yes all coaches have faults
But our current coach is the bottom of the barrel
I guarantee ole miss and Arkansas both best manny by 4 tds
Or, not everybody thinks about Manny Diaz 24 hours a day.

Advertisement
Helllllllllllluva game, but no thx on Kiffin. As my OC? Yes. HC, no

I would trust Blake James to pick a HC over 97% of the posters on this site. Fortunately we'll know who is right or wrong within a couple years. I'll be saying "I told you so" when Kiffin gets a huge contract from Ole Miss or hired by another team for more money . If he ends up getting canned, feel free to thump your chest.

I would trust Blake James to pick a HC over 97% of the posters on this site. Fortunately we'll know who is right or wrong within a couple years. I'll be saying "I told you so" when Kiffin gets a huge contract from Ole Miss or hired by another team for more money . If he ends up getting canned, feel free to thump your chest.
Ole Miss giving Kiffin a big contract would be vindication how?

Ole Miss has nothing going for it being a doormat in academics and athletics, and routinely cheating so why wouldn't they throw money at the only thing that might keep them semi-relevant.

Advertisement
Ole Miss giving Kiffin a big contract would be vindication how?

Ole Miss has nothing going for it being a doormat in academics and athletics, and routinely cheating so why wouldn't they throw money at the only thing that might keep them semi-relevant.

Because what other way of measuring his success at Ole **** are you going to use? It's not realistic to say "he's a bust if he doesn't win a national championship at Ole ****." Most on this site are in love with Mark Stoops and think his tenure at Kentucky has been wildly successful. Since 2013 he's had 10 wins once and 4 sub .500 seasons. His record over 8 seasons as a college HC is 54-50. But his team looks good this year so suddenly he's on the top of everyone's list. Kiffin has been a CFB a total of 9 seasons and his record is 70-40. So you tell me, what's your realistic metric for saying whether he's been a successful hire at Ole ****? A 10 win season? Multiple Bowl game victories?

U lost me when u said u would trust Blake James to pick a HC…..🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Because what other way of measuring his success at Ole **** are you going to use? It's not realistic to say "he's a bust if he doesn't win a national championship at Ole ****." Most on this site are in love with Mark Stoops and think his tenure at Kentucky has been wildly successful. Since 2013 he's had 10 wins once and 4 sub .500 seasons. His record over 8 seasons as a college HC is 54-50. But his team looks good this year so suddenly he's on the top of everyone's list. Kiffin has been a CFB a total of 9 seasons and his record is 70-40. So you tell me, what's your realistic metric for saying whether he's been a successful hire at Ole ****? A 10 win season? Multiple Bowl game victories?
Not giving up 50 points a game on defense.

I like Kiffin and his offense is fun but his defenses that have followed him every step of the way have been a combination of the worst of Coach No D and Blake Baker/Manny

U lost me when u said u would trust Blake James to pick a HC…..🤷🏾‍♂️

I wouldnt trust him. You missed the point of my comment. You are a smart dude and know football but I think you and most posters would have crapped on the hiring of Jimmy Johnson ("Jimmy Who?“ was the fanbase's feeling on the choice) and Erickson at the time. Jankovich literally got death threats for hiring Erickson. There was not a single thing in their resume that would lead someone to look at them and say, "now this guy can win multiple championships at Miami." the thing they had going for them is they were schematic geniuses. They didn't have some magic powder that made Miami players bigger and stronger than Bama or Texas players, they just knew how to use them more effectively.

Here's the thing, take a coach like Cristobal. Hes a solid coach. Big upgrade over Diaz. I'm sure he'd do a better job with S&C than Diaz but is he going to make the players bigger and stronger than Bama or UGA players? Doubtful. He's not going to out SEC the SEC. Richt tried to build a SEC lite team and it's turned out to be horrible. Miami needs a HC that can give the team a schematic advantage. I think Kiffin was a lot like Diaz in his USC stint, thinking he was the smartest guy in the room and his arrogance was his undoing. His time with Bama humbled him. Schnelly, a guy who did not suffer fools, was a huge Kiffin fan and Kiffin rewarded him with two conference championships in 3 years even though they had been absolutely putrid for several years up to Kiffins arrival. Now he's made Ole Miss interesting and competitive. He's not the only coach I think has what it takes to get Miami out of its rut but he's probably the most frequently dismissed and overlooked because people want to assume he's still the pre - Saban immature Kiffin.

I wouldnt trust him. You missed the point of my comment. You are a smart dude and know football but I think you and most posters would have crapped on the hiring of Jimmy Johnson ("Jimmy Who?“ was the fanbase's feeling on the choice) and Erickson at the time. Jankovich literally got death threats for hiring Erickson. There was not a single thing in their resume that would lead someone to look at them and say, "now this guy can win multiple championships at Miami." the thing they had going for them is they were schematic geniuses. They didn't have some magic powder that made Miami players bigger and stronger than Bama or Texas players, they just knew how to use them more effectively.

Here's the thing, take a coach like Cristobal. Hes a solid coach. Big upgrade over Diaz. I'm sure he'd do a better job with S&C than Diaz but is he going to make the players bigger and stronger than Bama or UGA players? Doubtful. He's not going to out SEC the SEC. Richt tried to build a SEC lite team and it's turned out to be horrible. Miami needs a HC that can give the team a schematic advantage. I think Kiffin was a lot like Diaz in his USC stint, thinking he was the smartest guy in the room and his arrogance was his undoing. His time with Bama humbled him. Schnelly, a guy who did not suffer fools, was a huge Kiffin fan and Kiffin rewarded him with two conference championships in 3 years even though they had been absolutely putrid for several years up to Kiffins arrival. Now he's made Ole Miss interesting and competitive. He's not the only coach I think has what it takes to get Miami out of its rut but he's probably the most frequently dismissed and overlooked because people want to assume he's still the pre - Saban immature Kiffin.

No, not at all. What I know now, regarding football? I would’ve been completely on board w/ Jimmy. Let me tell u why I’m vehemently against Kiffin, b/c I had a youngin play for him while he was at SC. Kiffin is likable, he’s a guy that has a gift a gab, brilliant offensive mind, and will lay an egg against any team that fights back. So if u want a guy that will have score 40 points & give up 43, have at it. He’s been a mediocre to failed HEAD coach at EVERY spot he’s been at.

Not giving up 50 points a game on defense.

I like Kiffin and his offense is fun but his defenses that have followed him every step of the way have been a combination of the worst of Coach No D and Blake Baker/Manny

His defense at FAU gave up 22.7 ppg in 2017 (ranked 34th, 6 spots behind UMs defense that carried the team to 10 wins). It went from being ranked 124th in the country in 2016 to 34th, which means he was able to take the same players from what was literally one of the worst defenses in cfb to a top 35 defense. They had a bad 2018 and dropped to 92 (still better than Oklahoma and UNC though). Why the drop? His brother, Chris Kiffin, who was the DC in 2017 took a NFL job and Lane hired Tony Pecoraro. Lane cut him lose after just that one bad season, hired Glen Spencer and they bounced back to 40th giving up 22.7. He got 10 wins with #34 ranked D, 5 wins with his #92 ranked D and fired his DC, and 11 wins with his #40 ranked D. It would seem he now understands the correlation between defense and wins. So your claim that he doesn't believe in defense doesn't hold water. As for this season, you are right, the D isn't great. So what? At the end of the day they are 4-1. The offense is carrying the team. The reason Sam Pittman decided to go for 2 is that he said Ole Miss was scoring at will and he didn't feel they could match them in OT.

Lincoln Riley hasn't been able to field top defense in all the years he's been at Oklahoma and all that has led to is owning the Big12 and multi playoff appearances. If Riley woke up one morning and decided he wanted to be Miamis HC, would you complain he's a bad fit because he doesn't play enough D?

Advertisement
Back