Are we the Baddies? ChefCane blames the fans for the state of the program

AFD2F5AF-34EF-4736-9A07-78A639C11DFF.jpeg

Advertisement
Miami fans are probably harder to deal with than a Kansas State or Oregon State fan cuz those schools don’t win anything of substance.

But Miami has one of the richest traditions in modern football. Could you imagine how psychotic Bama fans would be if Nicky lost 3-4 games? A certain segment wanna fire him after losing 1.

I'm not a booster but I have season tickets. Does that count?
Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

It counts. The question is how much money the program can squeeze out of you.

That’s one of the many ways that Flake failed, people say he was a great fundraiser, I don’t know who but it’s just something I’ve seen posted here, but we sure aren’t getting a lot of money coming in. I mean did you ever feel compelled to contribute, I got the occasional email or phone call, but I never felt that they were pants on fire really after me or other people.

I mean we’re in a better position, we’re about to do a heel turn hopefully, not because of people like us, but because supposedly there’s a couple of guys looking to infuse hundreds of millions of dollars into the program. Maybe more than that.

Advertisement
If the fans are the problem that says more about that the Univ that is finally listening to them because of Herbie, who essentially said what the fans have been saying for years, doesn't it kind of?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mapcane ranted and raged at Shannon back in the day. Got tiresome. But he was 100% correct.

Advertisement
We’re a rabid fan base…that passion is in our DNA. When the ship is righted, the energy will be directed at our opponents…like the **** storm Notre Dame got in 17.

Blaming the fans might be the worst take on the state of this, or any program. It's lazy as **** and explains nothing.
Morons. I’m actually a little surprised that this fanbase isn’t crazier than it is. People caught in the vacuum of their team and don’t get exposure to other fanbases have no idea how bananas some other fanbases are. They are nuts.

In fact I’d go as far as to say we have more right to be crazy/****ed off as any fanbase. Off the top of my head I can’t think of a program where there has been a bigger gap between fan expectations and actual results over the past 20 years….and it’s not because our expectations are out of alignment. A lot of us on this board are pretty self aware fans. The product has been so far from realistic achievements that I’m surprised more of us aren’t in therapy or have moved on.

Advertisement
Back