Are we actual recruiting anybody....

Advertisement
we need to be able to name a new HC before ESD...At least the kids will know who is coming and might wait till they get here and hear their sales pitch...But if losing a class means getting rid of Flake and Manure I'm down with it.

Been following recruiting 30 pus years and by far this seems to be our worst recruiting season ever, I dont see us linked to anybody. WTF are the coaches doing or are we going to end up with a bunch of 3 star projects.
Spot on , no doubt and I wouldn’t blame them either.

Advertisement
Can’t recruit to a sinking ship. Once Manny is officially done, they’ll be more attrition from the class which is expected.. The hope is you announce a new HC before signing day to try and get some signatures, then you raid the portal to fill #s before going big in 2023.

Can’t recruit to a sinking ship. Once Manny is officially done, they’ll be more attrition from the class which is expected.. The hope is you announce a new HC before signing day to try and get some signatures, then you raid the portal to fill #s before going big in 2023.

This. Most teams will finish their regular season on 11/27. Early signing day is 12/15-17. And about 3/4 of HS kids will be signed by 12/17. If it was me...

1. Punt Manny asap (I wouldn't let him on the plane if we get embarrassed again this Saturday).
2. "Fix" the football operations side of things (whether that means firing BJ or neutering his power over football and bringing someone else in to report directly to the BoT).
3. Identify realistic HC targets.
4. Use back channels to gauge their interest in the job during the season (including what a potential staff would look like).
5. Begin "interviewing" at the conclusion of the regular season (should be more or less a formality if the prior steps were handled properly).
6. Hire someone who doesn't suck.
7. Give him a week or so to try and salvage some of these recruit relationships and get a handful of signatures (keep expectations LOW).
8. Round out the staff.
9. Hit the unsigned kids hard in January for a few more signatures in February.
10. Hit the portal hard for as long as necessary to plug roster holes/deficiencies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This. Most teams will finish their regular season on 11/27. Early signing day is 12/15-17. And about 3/4 of HS kids will be signed by 12/17. If it was me...

1. Punt Manny asap (I wouldn't let him on the plane if we get embarrassed again this Saturday).
2. "Fix" the football operations side of things (where that means firing BJ or neutering his power over football and bringing someone else in to report directly to the BoT).
4. Use back channels to gauge their interest in the job during the season (including what a potential staff would look like).
5. Begin "interviewing" at the conclusion of the regular season (should be more or less a formality if the prior steps were handled properly).
7. Give him a week or so to try and salvage some of these recruit relationships and get a handful of signatures (keep expectations LOW).
8. Round out the staff.
10. Hit the portal hard for as long as necessary to plug roster holes/deficiencies.
Ah a well thought out logical process indeed.

So not at all what Miami will do then.

Advertisement

2. "Fix" the football operations side of things (whether that means firing BJ or neutering his power over football and bringing someone else in to report directly to the BoT).
8. Round out the staff.
#1 Fail at all attempts to hire a top college coach
#2 Start rumors we're looking at and NFL coach who may be in the playoffs.
#3 Settle in the end of January for whatever coach we can find at the walmart 5 dvd's for 20$ bin.

Advertisement
This dude was never coming in the first place.
I’m not sure why people get fooled. When a kid makes every excuse not to commit they aren’t coming. Happened last year with the kid who’s at Ole Miss. Happens every class. But this year we have given kids no reason to commit. We have to fire Diaz! Because it will ruin two classes in a row

#1 Fail at all attempts to hire a top college coach
#2 Start rumors we're looking at and NFL coach who may be in the playoffs.
#3 Settle in the end of January for whatever coach we can find at the walmart 5 dvd's for 20$ bin.
For sure this will be the most likely approach, unless they go with the old:

1. Call an unqualified guy who used to work here, pay his buyout, and call it a day.

What ever makes the best sense will never happen.

I’d be shocked if it was the perfect coach just won’t happen

Oh they're recruiting but the recruits aren't listening to their garbage sales pitch. They know Manny and staff are walking the plank. Going to have to hit the portal hard to make up for this current train wreck.
They haven’t been in contact w anyone.

Advertisement
Back