Architectural Details on football ops center

Advertisement
it appears that it will built in the place where the Wellness Center is located. where is the Wellness Center being relocated?

it appears that it will built in the place where the Wellness Center is located. where is the Wellness Center being relocated?

No sir. It will be in the PARKING LOT of the Wellness Center.

So the one end of the Football Center will be roughly equal to where the edge of the IPF hits Greentree. Then, the Football Center will extend toward the old Towers, but end at the bridge. Then, on the other side of the bridge, that's where the parking garage will be.

1674791251580.png

Last edited:

So the one end of the Football Center will be roughly equal to where the edge of the IPF hits Greentree. Then, the Football Center will extend toward the old Towers, but end at the bridge. Then, on the other side of the bridge, that's where the parking garage will be.
thx, i suppose they are going to build over the little canal that flows into Osceola. i like feeding the turtles and mullet when i go over the bridge.

Advertisement
thx, i suppose they are going to build over the little canal that flows into Osceola. i like feeding the turtles and mullet when i go over the bridge.

Sorry, I belatedly attached the map picture.

I'm not sure if that first bridge was there when we were in law school, I think it is a more recent addition.

Also, they are going to build a second bridge that will connect the new building to the IPF, right where they are planning to expand the IPF out on to the easternmost Greentree field.

Advertisement
Is anyone else against extending the IPF?
Depends, would it leave to the removal of the outdoor track and cause subsequent reshuffling of the fields. If that’s the case I’m against it, I love UM Football, but I care more for the university than any one team. I’m not willing to sacrifice any other fields just to let the football team have a longer indoor practice facility.

Advertisement
Depends, would it leave to the removal of the outdoor track and cause subsequent reshuffling of the fields. If that’s the case I’m against it, I love UM Football, but I care more for the university than any one team. I’m not willing to sacrifice any other fields just to let the football team have a longer indoor practice facility.

The track will be moved.

Take a look at the map, the easternmost Greentree field is already impaired on one end by the parking garage.

Cobb Track moves to the IM Fields, and the Greentree fields will shift west. And who knows, I'd love to see UM build some left field seating at the Light.

Architecture geek here. The two firms in charge are totally top of the line:

HOK is the worldwide powerhouse for sports facilities. Ex. Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta, Hard Rock redo, Etihad stadium in Abu Dhabi, etc etc.

Archtectonica is the Miami based firm responsible for our super new dorms at the U. They first became famous on Miami Vice with their Brickell condo punctured with an open red square on the facade. Remember that building? Since then, they are recognized for their tropical Miami cool look now widespread in South Florida.

Together, these firms offer top class expertise in sports integrated into the style of the emerging UM campus. Well done.

Advertisement
Architecture geek here. The two firms in charge are totally top of the line:

HOK is the worldwide powerhouse for sports facilities. Ex. Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta, Hard Rock redo, Etihad stadium in Abu Dhabi, etc etc.

Archtectonica is the Miami based firm responsible for our super new dorms at the U. They first became famous on Miami Vice with their Brickell condo punctured with an open red square on the facade. Remember that building? Since then, they are recognized for their tropical Miami cool look now widespread in South Florida.

Together, these firms offer top class expertise in sports integrated into the style of the emerging UM campus. Well done.

Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk (co-founder of Arquitectonica) was the Dean of our School of Architecture for nearly two decades.

View attachment 226690
It’s amazing how they can fit these large, impressive buildings into such tight spaces.

The track will be moved.

Take a look at the map, the easternmost Greentree field is already impaired on one end by the parking garage.

Cobb Track moves to the IM Fields, and the Greentree fields will shift west. And who knows, I'd love to see UM build some left field seating at the Light.
Are there plans to relocate the IM fields? It seems like they are running out of space.

Are there plans to relocate the IM fields? It seems like they are running out of space.

I don't think there will be any relocation of the IM fields. From the time when I was an undergrad, they actually got bigger when the Army Armory building was torn down. And there MIGHT be some additional space freed up when they tear down the Stanford towers, plus the cafeteria.

Advertisement
Back