Off-Topic Archeological Finds

Advertisement
@SpikeUM @423Hurricane @OriginalCanesCanesCanes @JD08 @Rickd
My 4 largest Megs....last picture is one that was found broken, but would've been close to 6"View attachment 243416View attachment 243417
The Meg stuff is scary knowing that they really existed..... I do a lot of paddle boarding , mostly intercoastal but I do hit the ocean now and again and sometimes you're out there just sitting around and just wonder what if....
Makes me think about when I was a kid and my Dad took me to see Jaws when it first came out... I was scared to even get in a bathtub after that... LOL!!!!!...
Knowing Megs were 3 times the size of Jaws and real goes next level paranoia..... But... I love Florida and love the water so if that's how I'm going out so be it...

@RVACane @Rickd @JD08 @SpikeUM
Evidence of a Professional Archaeological Dig, not far from a favorite dig site. You can tell it was done by a team of an Archaeological company by how perfectly square it is. Alot of times this happens when a piece of land is about to be developed.
FB_IMG_1688644511674.jpg
FB_IMG_1688644522067.jpg

@RVACane @Rickd @JD08 @SpikeUM
Evidence of a Professional Archaeological Dig, not far from a favorite dig site. You can tell it was done by a team of an Archaeological company by how perfectly square it is. Alot of times this happens when a piece of land is about to be developed.View attachment 245249View attachment 245250
As part of a NEPA study, prior to a project, they usually have an archaeologist on the Engineering side who does this. I’ve seen it with slave graves in Virginia. My assumption is that they could be looking for Native American graves and anything significant.

Advertisement
As part of a NEPA study, prior to a project, they usually have an archaeologist on the Engineering side who does this. I’ve seen it with slave graves in Virginia. My assumption is that they could be looking for Native American graves and anything significant.
That's one of the main things that their looking for. Any significant Sacred area.

Every time there's any development near the Jupiter inlet, the entire site has to be gone over. Because of the Native American presence over thousands of years, but also because Ponce de Leon supposedly left a stone cross in the area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@JD08 @RVACane @SpikeUM
I happened upon this in Central Fl 15yrs ago. You can see the different layers of Strata in the Pic. The White Sand layer is from 1,000yrs to 8,000yrs ago. The Darker layer beneath it is 8,000yrs and older. I walked maybe 30mins, and found this 3 point cache. All the same material.View attachment 245252View attachment 245253
North carolina is absolutely full of stuff like this.

The river near me has had 1000s of arrowheads found by it.

Your meg teeth. Where are you finding them? We have guys finding them in the MOUNTAINS of NC. Crazy that there was once enough water for megs to be above these mountains.

North carolina is absolutely full of stuff like this.

The river near me has had 1000s of arrowheads found by it.

Your meg teeth. Where are you finding them? We have guys finding them in the MOUNTAINS of NC. Crazy that there was once enough water for megs to be above these mountains.
The majority of North America was a sea 100 million yrs ago. My personal finds were all found either in one of several Phosphate Mines in Bartow/Polk County....or the Peace River in DeSoto County.

Advertisement
@SpikeUM @Rickd @JD08 @OriginalCanesCanesCanes @TheOriginalCane @ben @RVACane
Probably the Nicest Coral Point I ever found. (Pasco County/Dade City 2005) at a site that was renowned for "Ticks"...Had to spray down thoroughly. But the rewards were highly worth it, Trust me. Entire site (former Orange Groves and Oaks) was probably 100 acres, with about 20 acres we hit hard. This point is literally the definition of a Grade 10...Museum Quality...I've had guys with literally $250,000-$1,000,000 collections shake their heads, and these guys have ungodly stuff. Was offered crazy $$$ from $4,000-$6,000 but turned it down. It's the Epitome of a Newnan Point, approx. 6,000yrs old. Made of highly Translucent Agatized Coral (Polyps highly visible)
FB_IMG_1689860037650.jpg
FB_IMG_1689860029242.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689860029242.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689860029242.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
@SpikeUM @Rickd @JD08 @OriginalCanesCanesCanes @TheOriginalCane @ben @RVACane
Probably the Nicest Coral Point I ever found. (Pasco County/Dade City 2005) at a site that was renowned for "Ticks"...Had to spray down thoroughly. But the rewards were highly worth it, Trust me. Entire site (former Orange Groves and Oaks) was probably 100 acres, with about 20 acres we hit hard. This point is literally the definition of a Grade 10...Museum Quality...I've had guys with literally $250,000-$1,000,000 collections shake their heads, and these guys have ungodly stuff. Was offered crazy $$$ from $4,000-$6,000 but turned it down. It's the Epitome of a Newnan Point, approx. 6,000yrs old. Made of highly Translucent Agatized Coral (Polyps highly visible)
View attachment 247351View attachment 247352
The edge quality on that is ridiculous if it had just been done, but to survive all those years, it incredible.

The majority of North America was a sea 100 million yrs ago. My personal finds were all found either in one of several Phosphate Mines in Bartow/Polk County....or the Peace River in DeSoto County.

Wait, there was global warming 100 million years ago?

The edge quality on that is ridiculous if it had just been done, but to survive all those years, it incredible.
Found in Sugar White sand, approximately 2ft deep. (Where that color begins) I came screaming out of the hole...Lol...

Advertisement
Back