Arch vs Mateer

Some GM on some poor NFL team is going to fall in love with the Manning family (think Cam Cameron and the Ted Ginn family that he drafted) and waste their first round pick on him. That GM will lose their job 3-4 years later and the ones who really get screwed are fans of that team.

But Arch got them traits.....
Hope its Tenn. They deserve it..
 
Suck and Suck Jr.
1790621104262.png
 
The traits comment was sarcasm and venom on my end. There's a certain someone who's been hyping up Arch all offseason and into the season that uses that expression about Arch.
I don't see the traits either, unless those traits are sucking at being a good QB.
I think that certain someone owns this website and will come on here and tell us well, I like his composure and demeanor, whatever that means. Lol what does composure and demeanor mean when you can’t make the throws that are in front of you? Of course, I’ve tried to argue this with him, but he’s still got his feet dug into the sand. Smh
 
I think that certain someone owns this website and will come on here and tell us well, I like his composure and demeanor, whatever that means. Lol what does composure and demeanor mean when you can’t make the throws that are in front of you? Of course, I’ve tried to argue this with him, but he’s still got his feet dug into the sand. Smh
8.2 million posts and counting
 
8.2 million posts and counting
He runs a good Canes website, you gotta give him that. But he doesn’t know **** about football.
I think he knows football. I think he also knows how to drive engagement. It’s not rocket science. ESPN has been demonstrating it for decades. Make a polarizing take. Maybe include some incendiary language, maybe not. Light fuse. Walk away.
 
I think he knows football. I think he also knows how to drive engagement. It’s not rocket science. ESPN has been demonstrating it for decades. Make a polarizing take. Maybe include some incendiary language, maybe not. Light fuse. Walk away.
You may be right, but I do question his ability to evaluate the game and there are lots of examples for why. But I’ll point to two, his continued infatuation with arch Manning, which, if you look at the numbers he’s put up, it’s ridiculous. And his comments about a certain receiver of ours that now plays for NC State about how last year in spring he was making one-handed catches and backflip catches. Lol I had to tell him, dude that’s not football, that’s making a joke of the game right there.. and we also saw what that kid did on the field last year, absolutely nothing.
 
At this point, I'm willing to accept Sark doesn't even want Manning on the team, but he's a Manning. I havent tried a drug yet that allows me to think UT's offense is this basic with all that talent.
 
I'll just put this right here....

View attachment 374376

Fight nice boys....
On one hand, I feel bad for Arch, not like his dad is Peyton or Eli and he is the son of an nfl guy, he did not ask for the hype and he sure as **** didnt rank himself #1 in HS but he has had more consistent hype with inconsistent results than anyone I can remember. Hard to feel bad for a guy making that much to play a game, but taking it in a vacuum of him vs the other 100+ FBS QB's he is getting the short end of the stick.

On the other, stats dont always tell the whole story and I think this is one of those cases... Manning had two cupcakes in Texas State and UTSA to pad stats, Tx State 20-27 200 yds 4td 1 int, thats a fine stat line for a cupcake. UTSA 17-33 for 164 yds is yuck. But then two legit tough games against Tenn and Ohio State, both wins and he did just enough to win or didnt ***** up enough to be the reason they lost, however you wanna look at it.

Mateer by contrast had two cupcakes, UTEP went 11-17 for 225 and 3 tds, again fine for a cupcake, New mexico 19-25 238 yds 2td 2 int to me that is on par with UTSA with Manning, but then he plays a god awful michigan team and goes 17-33 for 189 1 int and 1 td and then UGA, tough task but 25-34 231 2tds 1 int, one of those tds came with 3 min left in the game when they were down 41-6. He also completely charlie brown-d a pass in the UGA 10 when they were down 14-0, legit threw air without the ball, UGA scoop and score 21-0. He also had a total of 3 fumbles against UGA, one they recovered tho.

Now I think neither is the QB putting their team on its back to elevate them, but if you swapped Mateer and Manning before the season I think 1. Manning looks worse but not AS BAD as Mateer, and Mateer has a few more "splash" plays with UT athletes but I genuinely think UT would lose a game because Mateer would just **** down his leg in a big moment, so far Manning has not done that.
 
I think he knows football. I think he also knows how to drive engagement. It’s not rocket science. ESPN has been demonstrating it for decades. Make a polarizing take. Maybe include some incendiary language, maybe not. Light fuse. Walk away.
You may be right, but I do question his ability to evaluate the game and there are lots of examples for why. But I’ll point to two, his continued infatuation with arch Manning, which, if you look at the numbers he’s put up, it’s ridiculous. And his comments about a certain receiver of ours that now plays for NC State about how last year in spring he was making one-handed catches and backflip catches. Lol I had to tell him, dude that’s not football, that’s making a joke of the game right there.. and we also saw what that kid did on the field last year, absolutely nothing.
I saw that too. How much of that was/is his honest opinion vs how much is him looking to drive engagement? People don’t comment when they totally agree.
 
they have out recruited everyone and they do it the right way. in contrast to a&m who just throws money and doesnt build a team, they have a legit "team".
Speaking of A&M, I wonder how many recruits they lose looking like this.
 
Every time I watch Arch, I feel like every other pass is a safe dump off to a RB. If that guy had any name other than Manning, he'd be a late round project pick.
 
Back
Top