Arch vs Mateer

Very good prospect. Not generational. In a perfect world, he stays another year. More of a first-round pick than a #1 overall right now.
Arch a very good prospect? @DMoney your putting your football credibility on the line? I wish I could wager with you and make you point my gofundme at the top of the page as a prize. No way Arch is good enough to be a starter for an NFL TEAM unless the 86 Bears defense comes back.

Selfless plug…sorry guys. Please share
 
It’s all about media perception. They can’t prop him up much longer. It’s gonna be funny watching him **** the bed in the playoff. Then the excuse will be the “gAuNtLeT” SEC schedule took a toll on him. Just watch.

Maybe he can start dating someone like Taylor Swift and we can can watch her jump up and down each time he throws an interception.
 
Generational player means one every generation. Arch is not that and he’s never been that.

Now, I did think he was going to make a leap this year as an elite college quarterback. So far, that hasn’t happened. He’s been solid but not spectacular. The last two #1 picks (Mendoza and Ward) were playing at a higher level at this point in the season.

Still a lot of football left. He needs to become more consistent drive to drive.
Finally coming around I see. Glad to see it and better late than never.
 
Very good prospect. Not generational. In a perfect world, he stays another year. More of a first-round pick than a #1 overall right now.
NFL teams are wasting money on Manning as a first round pick. Bottom line

I mean, I know the family isnt playing the nepotism card like the James and Sanders families. But any 1st round hype he's getting is about egotistical NFL scouts who dont want to be proven wrong.

My bet is that he gets his chance as a starter, because of his name, and ultimately he becomes a career backup.
 
As an overall player? No, he is not playing at that level right now.

As far as QB prospects, he's still pretty high up. Kamario Taylor has looked the best but he's not draft eligible. Drew Mestemaker has been most impressive of the draft-eligible guys but he should stay another year. Trinidad Chambliss and Darian Mensah are the best college players but have some questions to answer in terms of pro projections. I'd still have Manning over Dante Moore, Julian Sayin and Sam Leavitt. Probably over CJ Carr too based on the traits.

His passer rating through 4 games this year is actually WORSE than it was through four games last year.

2025:

1790638329860.png


2026:

1790638424383.png


Giant step forward? Slight step forward? How about no. He's gotten WORSE statistically speaking. Not epically worse, but worse nonethless.

Bend the knee @DMoney. It only hurts for a second.
 
Generational player means one every generation. Arch is not that and he’s never been that.

Now, I did think he was going to make a leap this year as an elite college quarterback. So far, that hasn’t happened. He’s been solid but not spectacular. The last two #1 picks (Mendoza and Ward) were playing at a higher level at this point in the season.

Still a lot of football left. He needs to become more consistent drive to drive.
Both of the guys you named also looked better when playing with less talent around them. And then when surrounded by talent they absolutely shined.

Texas is LOADED everywhere but at QB.
Period.
 
Those are season projections. I thought he'd make a huge leap based on how he finished last year. He's been better but has not taken the leap expected.
And if we’re being honest, it’s not like he finished last year that great anyways. It only looked good because of how awful the first part of last year was. Context on that man.
 
Arch’s arm talent is nothing special and he doesn’t make up for it in other areas. He struggles to stand in the pocket and read the field

Mateer I think has lost confidence. I still think he’s a good college QB in the right system with the right supporting cast
 
Back
Top