Aravious

lol how was he not allowed??? he wasnt allowed until after the school found out..... the school couldve had his back once they found out that Shapiro wasnt the one that paid the bill but they turned into the NCAAs **** running to them like they got a new doggy bone to hand over.

They used Ray as scapegoat instead of having the nuts to say "nothing to see here" the kid paid his due **** off to the NCAA.

When you don't know you should not post. Seriously, you are really uninformed on this dude. The school dismissed him from the team for acts after the NS stuff.

Here is some of the post NS acts he did:

According to Morgan, Armstrong was dismissed after several incidents. Armstrong attended a dinner with his girlfriend, who works for a public relations firm and whose dinner payment was called into question. Another time, according to Morgan, Armstrong was at a South Florida hotel with his girlfriend. When questioned, he failed to admit being there before then saying he was, but that she paid for the room.

In at least two instances, Armstrong's use of social media led to questions from the school. According to a source, Armstrong's alleged receipt of a sports jersey at one point was also called into question.

He had dinner with his girlfriend and stayed at a hotel with his girlfriend. What's the problem again?

Again, I don't give a care about these acts and don't agree with NCAA. When he lied to the school about this stuff during the investigation, that's on him.

Why do u think he lied to the school???.... maybe b/c they've been on his *** about everything he does anyway, and he was scared of getting in trouble even though he didnt do anything wrong.... b/c unlike aTm w/ Manziel, UM was trying to find an excuse to kick him off the team just so they can get some browny points from the NCAA.

And how is all the NCAA ****sucking UM has done been paying off for the school since then???.... well just the whole NCAA scandal where they were resorting to illegal practices in order to find enough evidence to bury UM and its football program.

Simple rule, no player (especially one that messed up before) is above the program. You put the program in jeopardy (google it) then you face the consequences.

We're done.

Advertisement
When you don't know you should not post. Seriously, you are really uninformed on this dude. The school dismissed him from the team for acts after the NS stuff.

Here is some of the post NS acts he did:

According to Morgan, Armstrong was dismissed after several incidents. Armstrong attended a dinner with his girlfriend, who works for a public relations firm and whose dinner payment was called into question. Another time, according to Morgan, Armstrong was at a South Florida hotel with his girlfriend. When questioned, he failed to admit being there before then saying he was, but that she paid for the room.

In at least two instances, Armstrong's use of social media led to questions from the school. According to a source, Armstrong's alleged receipt of a sports jersey at one point was also called into question.

He had dinner with his girlfriend and stayed at a hotel with his girlfriend. What's the problem again?

Again, I don't give a care about these acts and don't agree with NCAA. When he lied to the school about this stuff during the investigation, that's on him.

Why do u think he lied to the school???.... maybe b/c they've been on his *** about everything he does anyway, and he was scared of getting in trouble even though he didnt do anything wrong.... b/c unlike aTm w/ Manziel, UM was trying to find an excuse to kick him off the team just so they can get some browny points from the NCAA.

And how is all the NCAA ****sucking UM has done been paying off for the school since then???.... well just the whole NCAA scandal where they were resorting to illegal practices in order to find enough evidence to bury UM and its football program.

Simple rule, no player (especially one that messed up before) is above the program. You put the program in jeopardy (google it) then you face the consequences.

We're done.

Simple rule..... ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL

we're done.

Kinda surprised Golden didn't move him to linebacker

ya but his entire career under golden involved being suspended. thanks ncaa and his stupid use of instagram

thanks ncaa? you mean thanks for being a ****ing moran ray ray? are people no longer responsible for their own actions?

People love trying to excuse away the actions of some of these shytheads. That's exactly the approach that led to the garbage culture and lack of accountability that killed this program. Armstrong was a supreme knucklehead while he was here. It wasn't a one time thing with him.

I don't feel sorry for Ray, other than the general sympathy I have for any kid that had to play for Randy. How illuminating that the Razerbacks' linebackers coach decided that Ray's best position was safety. Lulz.

I don't feel sorry for Ray, other than the general sympathy I have for any kid that had to play for Randy. How illuminating that the Razerbacks' linebackers coach decided that Ray's best position was safety. Lulz.

still cant believe that dude is still coaching. i love how more and more we find out how bad he really was as an HC.

Advertisement
The guy has been in and around football for most of his life, played/coached with some top coaches and was part of those great canes teams. How in gods name can you fail with that kind of history? That man should never be in charge of a **** thing that has to do with football.

The guy has been in and around football for most of his life, played/coached with some top coaches and was part of those great canes teams. How in gods name can you fail with that kind of history? That man should never be in charge of a **** thing that has to do with football.

And some people wanted to give him another year. Lol.

Watched the whole game and Ray Ray was all over the field, he got pressure on the QB multiple times and deflected a pass on an edge rush. He did get beat for a TD by a TE though, but he had good coverage it was just a perfectly thrown ball on the sideline right at the goalline. He will make the roster, he is playing better than Ogletree and most of the other Rams outside LBers. Im really happy and excited for him and Im glad he is still representing the U.

Watched the whole game and Ray Ray was all over the field, he got pressure on the QB multiple times and deflected a pass on an edge rush. He did get beat for a TD by a TE though, but he had good coverage it was just a perfectly thrown ball on the sideline right at the goalline. He will make the roster, he is playing better than Ogletree and most of the other Rams outside LBers. Im really happy and excited for him and Im glad he is still representing the U.

Does he still represent the U... If he is on Monday Night Football. .. during the credits I wonder if he would say the U.

Advertisement

Does he still represent the U... If he is on Monday Night Football. .. during the credits I wonder if he would say the U.

AG let him work out here for Pro Day and he never played a game for the college he transferred to, so I think he would.

AG let him work out here for Pro Day and he never played a game for the college he transferred to, so I think he would.

Yep he does. he's listed as a Miami Hurricane on the Rams roster. He tweets stuff repping Miami on instagram and twitter. His backround on twitter is hurricane themed.

If it's true that he still reps The U after how his career ended down here, I'll have a new level of respect for him. A lot of dudes would blame the school and program and cut ties permanently. Maybe he's got his head screwed on straight, now that drawing a paycheck to put food on the table is all he's got left.

Advertisement

We're done.

Simple rule..... ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL

we're done.

I prefer retarded are you.

I'd like to see actual proof of this. I mean, do these people really exist?

I'd like to see actual proof of this. I mean, do these people really exist?

Some posters on Scout were saying we cut ties too soon, we should've given him one more shot with the '08 class, etc. I'm not sure the threads are still up but you can go search if you'd like.

Last edited:
Advertisement

ya but his entire career under golden involved being suspended. thanks ncaa and his stupid use of instagram

thanks ncaa? you mean thanks for being a ****ing moran ray ray? are people no longer responsible for their own actions?

People love trying to excuse away the actions of some of these shytheads. That's exactly the approach that led to the garbage culture and lack of accountability that killed this program. Armstrong was a supreme knucklehead while he was here. It wasn't a one time thing with him.

This, and I wouldnt be surprised if he makes it, to point towards the day Al let him go as his turning point ala cris carter with Buddy Ryan, Accountability

Ray Ray has WAY more potential at LB but he couldnt have been moved to LB here anyway b/c he was our best safety on the team....

I still think he was a good safety as an underclassmen and got criticized too much, his junior year was plagued w/ suspension and the school i thought was shady with how they turned their back on him.

Of couse he lied b/c they've been all up his *** about any and everything the entire time, it was a young man mistake and they shouldve understood that.... especially if he hadnt done anything wrong anyways.

Johnny Manziel uses his parents as his excuse to live the good life and the school has his back even w/ the autograph scandal going on.... why couldnt Ray Ray's girlfriend be sufficient reason enough to accept how he is able to eat out at fancy restaurants and lay up at fancy hotels???

He was never a good safety. He was a downright terrible safety. Was slow and stiff, couldn't cover. People liked to think he was good in run support because he sucked in coverage and well, this guy must be good at something. But he wasn't. He took awful angles and wasn't a good tackler. He got a free pass from a lot of people because of his hype and every once in a while he made a nice hit running straight downhill (see demarco murray). Armstrong made average guys like JoJo Nicholas look like Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott put together.

Ray Ray was given soo many chances here but he refuse to buy into Golden and didn't take Golden seriously. He thought he was too good to be dismissed from the team. Al Golden didn't want to boot Ray Ray, look at how many chances Seantrell has gotten. If Ray Ray would have kept his nose cleaned from the NCAA mess he would have been able to stay on the team. Ppl saying the university was looking for a reason to boot him is just silly talk. He was becoming a liability to our efforts to prove to the NCAA we have changed our stance on compliance.

Advertisement
Back