AR82 40 time

Sophomore slump injury riddled year for a guy that I think is the most talented player on the team. I expect him to bounce back and be a top 2 round guy a year from now.
I think he was the most talented last year. I’m not sure he’ll be the most talented this season. That’s a good thing!

Advertisement
We need him this year.
It’s time for him to put it together and be the superstar we should be.
Love his game.

I don't see it.

We place so much emphasis on WR being able to block. I'm not saying Pope can't or won't be able to, but we have proven commodities in Thomas and Harley
Thomas will not be the primary slot receiver. He is the Z receiver.

As for Harley, I love that guy just as much as the next person. His work ethic is commendable. Remember he and Bandy jumping the fence at Greentree to rep against each other, before either of them were even enrolled at Miami?.......Un-f'ucking-believable. But, what exactly has he proven? He was virtually irrelevant as a freshman. That's not a knock on him; he was a freshman. Most recently, he just had an underwhelming spring, according to our coaches.

Considering the above mentioned, the slot position is wide open and Pope just happen to be a f'ucking monster, arguably the best slot receiver in the country last year.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but CIS Nation is bipolar. We are infatuated with the unproven Freshman but if he's not an All-American by mid-season we quickly label him 'Bust/Overrated/JAG/Greentree All American' and begin to plot said Freshman's 30 pound weight gain plan so that he can move to a larger size position.

We do need help at TE.

Advertisement
Thomas will not be the primary slot receiver. He is the Z receiver.

As for Harley, I love that guy just as much as the next person. His work ethic is commendable. Remember he and Bandy jumping the fence at Greentree to rep against each other, before either of them were even enrolled at Miami?.......Un-f'ucking-believable. But, what exactly has he proven? He was virtually irrelevant as a freshman. That's not a knock on him; he was a freshman. Most recently, he just had an underwhelming spring, according to our coaches.

Considering the above mentioned, the slot position is wide open and Pope just happen to be a f'ucking monster, arguably the best slot receiver in the country last year.
I was specifically referring to blocking. Thomas and Harley both did a great job of it last year. Maybe Pope is a monster downfield blocker, I have no idea. All I know is if you can't block as a WR, your snaps will be limited.

Love AR however we have so much more talent around him - his catches might suffer

I just hope that we tell Cager and Langham to step up or we play the new guys .....
- yes, Langham should never ever to buy dinner again but kids creates no space

If the way Ahmmon blocks downfield is "soft," then I want a team full of soft receivers. I think Homer, Lingard, Davis, Burns and Dallas feel the same.

And if you're referring to his hamstring issues as him being "soft," then you don't understand hamstring injuries very well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back