AQM not at practice today...

god what I would give to have Green for one more year

Wut-babka.jpg

Advertisement
Would love to see AQM at DE and McCord as a rush LB on the same side, put Chick inside and C. Thomas on the other end. That look could get some pressure.

Dont care for that line up at all, no offense. I think as these kids get older and stronger, we will be able to get to the QB without playing around with our lineup like this. The problem with those pass rush concentrated DL lineups is that they tip your hand strongly. Jimbo got us last year in a third and long with that screen to Freeman. He knew when he saw Chick inside and McCord and AQM on the field at the same time what was gonna happen. Chad and AQM next year will be a problem, as they should at that point be strong enough to hold the point and rush the passer.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 45s

Golden said Quan Muhammad dealing with a personal issue. Said he expects him to play in the opener #UM
Coral Gables, FL

Bout time Manny provided something of value.

Do you think Pete would have left out something this important of the Work?

Pete is going to ride the Kaaya thing for the new few months and half *** "the work"

What exactly did Pete do on the Kaaya front other than openly pull for him? Serious question because I keep seeing posts about Pete playing some sort of role with Kaaya. Did Pete find Kaaya early in the recruiting process and give his tape to Coley or something like that?

P.S. there's obviously some smoke around those AQM rumors. Maybe Al brokered some sort of deal where AQM is doing his penance today. But to act like he's just suddenly missing a few days before the opener working on something personal not related to those rumors is nothing but whistling through the graveyard.

Would love to see AQM at DE and McCord as a rush LB on the same side, put Chick inside and C. Thomas on the other end. That look could get some pressure.

I got to go to a practice and that is, along w/ Kamalu next to Chick on the inside, a speed rush package that they were running on 3rd and long.

Advertisement
P.S. there's obviously some smoke around those AQM rumors. Maybe Al brokered some sort of deal where AQM is doing his penance today. But to act like he's just suddenly missing a few days before the opener working on something personal not related to those rumors is nothing but whistling through the graveyard.

Al has some tells to him when he's trying to deflect or flat out lie.. His interview today he looks like he's passing a kidney stone.. If this isn't what he's saying, he's starting to get some randy to him

You are onto something here for sure. I think it was last year when we heard Seantrel or whoever it was, was suspended for the first game. Well everything went as usual with no mention of a suspension days before the game, and then it came out of nowhere.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 2m

Golden on DE Muhammad: "He's got something on campus he's dealing with right now. It's personal in nature." Play in opener? "Absolutely."

I hear...from a friend....that the Campus Health Clinic can clear that burn when you pee up right quick. AQM just had to wait in line a little longer than usual today.

Might have had class. That's a possibility

i know these are student athletes.

but there's no way the academic advisor on the football team allows ANY student to take a class that would interfere with practice time.

everyone on the team (depending on year) takes the exact same class essentially.

Advertisement

Al has some tells to him when he's trying to deflect or flat out lie.. His interview today he looks like he's passing a kidney stone.. If this isn't what he's saying, he's starting to get some randy to him

Yup, watch the interview and you will see Golden didnt want to touch issue with Pole. Basically removed himself from equation and made it seem like its an issue with AQM and the school, whatever happens he doesnt know anything about it (riiiight). Thats how it looked to me and as usual he choose his words very carefully to make make sure he wasnt flat out lying. Mentally prepared for news, will be pleasantly surprised if he plays monday

I fully expect AQM and probably another player or 2 to be suspended for the opener. Have we not learned from the past? Every season it seems as though we hear whispers of this player or that player being suspended leading up to the first game. Said player(s) always practice, wear black or orange jerseys, etc. Then on the Friday (or in this season's case, Sunday) before the first game, the hammer drops and suspension(s) are announced. Why do we think this year will be any different?

I fully expect AQM and probably another player or 2 to be suspended for the opener. Have we not learned from the past? Every season it seems as though we hear whispers of this player or that player being suspended leading up to the first game. Said player(s) always practice, wear black or orange jerseys, etc. Then on the Friday (or in this season's case, Sunday) before the first game, the hammer drops and suspension(s) are announced. Why do we think this year will be any different?

Because there are no more angry clouds??

Yup, watch the interview and you will see Golden didnt want to touch issue with Pole. Basically removed himself from equation and made it seem like its an issue with AQM and the school, whatever happens he doesnt know anything about it (riiiight). Thats how it looked to me and as usual he choose his words very carefully to make make sure he wasnt flat out lying. Mentally prepared for news, will be pleasantly surprised if he plays monday

However, in the past examples he never stated that the player would "absolutely" play either. He danced around the issue. In this case, he was pretty clear cut about it, that AQM would "absolutely" play on Monday.

Advertisement

Has Golden ever answered "Absolutely" when asked, directly, if any of those other players were going to play in the opener?

I think Golden would have answered that question in some other fashion if AQM's status were really that up-in-the-air...

However, in the past examples he never stated that the player would "absolutely" play either. He danced around the issue. In this case, he was pretty clear cut about it, that AQM would "absolutely" play on Monday.

If you want to be technical, he was asked, "Do you expect him to play on Monday?", and he answered, "Absolutely." That wasn't him saying he's absolutely going to play. He expects him to play right now because maybe the suspension is being appealed or hasn't been specifically handed down yet.

"Has Golden ever answered "Absolutely" when asked, directly, if any of those other players were going to play in the opener?

I think Golden would have answered that question in some other fashion if AQM's status were really that up-in-the-air..."

You have a good point. But I also wouldn't put it past Golden to come out on Sunday and say that he is surprised by AQM's suspension and that he thought he had worked hard and done everything he needed to avoid a suspension. It would make for a good excuse should our defense not be up to par. You know, being caught off guard by his "last minute" suspension and all. I guess I'm just a pessimist at this point when it comes to stuff like this. We will all find out soon enough.

Advertisement

I got to go to a practice and that is, along w/ Kamalu next to Chick on the inside, a speed rush package that they were running on 3rd and long.

That's a lot of speed and pass rushing ability on the field.

Advertisement
Back