Aqm & Chad

The ole kamalu has the job wrapped without ever Doing squat here and hes probably played the most snaps out of all the returning ends, time to give that guy some competition, I don't understand why he has one side all to himself and then the two better players have to compete for the other typical bullshyt

Advertisement
Seen in sports buzz that apm is moving to sde and him and chad will compete to take over for chick.

This staff dumb as **** they are both soph and 1 might not never be a starter here.

Run a 4-3 and have them at ends together. That defense is going to get killed next year with aqm and chad 2 gapping and playing gap control.

I personally dont think it matters if we run the 3-4 or the 4-3, AQM and Chad are talented enough to be productive in both.. Its all coaching

Yeah but as you said. The coaching.

We don't run an aggressive 3-4 so it's pointless. They will waste away talented pass rushers like Chad, AQM, McCord and Djack.

Yeah I agree.. If i was running the 3-4 with our personnel i would have
OLB Djax,McCord, Owens, Smith, McCray
MLb Grace and Kirby, Young
DE AQM and Chad, Moten, kamalu
NT Jenkins, Heurtolou, Wyche

Jesus, he's putting these savages as SDE's in his broke **** no sack system? They should both transfer immediately. I'm sorry. I love the Canes but I can't watch him ruin more careers.

Its fine man, they will go to the NFL as a mid to low round draft pick and shine and get their big pay day at that point.

Yeah but they don't get the good rookie contract that way. And a rookie contract is over 50% of the average life expectancy in the NFL.

de kamalu
nt heurtelou
de thomas

olb aqm
wlb grace
mlb kirby
olb mccord

Sounds great and all, until thomas lines up in a frog stance and plays patty cake. Zero pass rush from that trio.

Why AQM has to battle Thomas for the same position is beyond me. You're benching one of your best players for the sake of sticking to a crappy system. Mind boggling.

Advertisement
Holy crap. for the last time, neither chad thomas or aqm are defensive ends in a 3-4. don't have the frame to effectively support the weight needed for the position. These guys are rush ends and would be thriving in a 4-3 playing opposite of eachother.

Someone should have took over for Chick at DE after his Sophmore year !!!

Then again, no one was available to push him! Lack of depth is a Bummer!!

Holy crap. for the last time, neither chad thomas or aqm are defensive ends in a 3-4. don't have the frame to effectively support the weight needed for the position. These guys are rush ends and would be thriving in a 4-3 playing opposite of eachother.

Chad is pushing almost 260s. AQM probably 250+

Don't doubt that this staff beefs those boys up.

Advertisement
I know Dorito doesn't know any better, but you would think the FANS would have learned a lesson of playing an inadequately untrained DE at OLB...SMH!!

de kamalu
nt heurtelou
de thomas

olb aqm
wlb grace
mlb kirby
olb mccord

Last edited:
I think we actually have good depth for either front ...

4-3

DE - Thomas/AQM
NG - Heurtoleu/Moore/Jenkins
DT - Kamalu/Hamilton/Moten
DE - McCord/Harris/Jackson

OLB - Grace/McCray
MLB - Kirby/Young
OLB - Owens/Smith

3-4

DE - Kamalu/Hamilton
NG - Heurtoleu/Moore/Jenkins
DE - Thomas/Moten

OLB - McCord/Jackson
ILB - Grace/ Owens/ Smith
ILB - Kirby/ Young/ McCray
OLB - AQM/Harris

Goaline
DE - Hamilton
DT - Moten/ Jenkins
NG - Moore/ Heurtoleu
DT - Kamalu/
DE - Thomas

Pass Rush

DE - McCord/ Jackson
DT - Kamalu / Hamilton
DT - Thomas / Moten
DE - AQM / Harris

There's this ongoing process of bulking guys up from their natural positions into 'tweeners, rather than ever have a guy play a few pounds light. Crazy.

Chad is pushing almost 260s. AQM probably 250+

Don't doubt that this staff beefs those boys up.

Right, but ideally for this whack-*** scheme, the DEs would weigh like 30 pounds more.

Advertisement
Someone should have took over for Chick at DE after his Sophmore year !!!

Then again, no one was available to push him! Lack of depth is a Bummer!!

He would have benefitted from a 3-4/attacking or a 4-3 rush end also, I think he would have turned out a lot like Bosa has at *
But..... The coaches..... Well you know how that is

I know for a fact that they won't make it work but the talent is there:

DL

Kamalu 3*
Heurtelou 3*
Thomas 5*
Moten 4*
Jenkins 3*
Wyche 3*
Moore 3*
Hamilton 4*
Fines 3*
Patchan 4*
McIntosh 3*

LB

Kirby 4*
Grace 4*
McCord 4*
AQM 5*
Harris 3*
Owens 3*
Jackson 4*
Smith 3*
McCray 3*
Gordinier 3*
Perry 3*

DB

Bush 4*
Burns 4*
Elder 4*
Carter 4*
Howard 4*
A. Crawford 3*
Jenkins 3*
D. Crawford 3*
Mayes 3*
Lewis 3*
Knowles 3*
Jackson 4*
Johnson 4*

Last edited:
I know for a fact that they won't make it work but the talent is there:

DL

Kamalu
Heurtelou
Thomas
Moten
Jenkins
Wyche
Moore
Hamilton
Fines
Patchan
McIntosh

LB

Kirby
Grace
McCord
AQM
Harris
Owens
Jackson
Smith
McCray
Gordinier
Perry

DB

Bush
Burns
Elder
Carter
Howard
A. Crawford
Jenkins
D. Crawford
Mayes
Lewis
Knowles
Jackson
Johnson

I agree. A good defensive mind could come in here and put that to some good use.

Advertisement
I truly hate our Head coach, he is the one who perpetuates this nonsense. It's the most frustrated thing to have this fool running the show.

You guys need to read the Golden interview, we were 15th in the nation on defense, 15th. How dare you question what these guys are doing on defense. :tyler:

Chad said he is between 250-255 and pete said aqm is about 260 now.

Neither is big enough to 2 gap. Chick played the last 2 years in the 270s and this year 280s.

Advertisement
Back