AQM AND GRACE DISMISSED FROM TEAM

Watch…the SEC folks are going to hire agents to bring temptations of all sorts to our players' doors. When our boys get their fingers caught in the cookie jars, these roaches will scatter but our compliance office will be notified. They don't have to get all of our players, just the difference makers. As nice of a city Miami is, it was probably not the right city for Quan. He probably should have attended Alabama. He would have gotten girls but probably wouldn't have been lured into trouble by a free exotic tractor rental or even a free hayride.

Advertisement
Gotta call bull****...

Simply because, if they dismissed two players for $400 worth of illegal benefits, and for initially being 'less than truthful', then they should fold up shop on their joke of an athletic department and stop wasting fans' money and recruits' careers.

Don't say that out loud or [MENTION=2315]Torocane[/MENTION] will "obviously" let you know you're not a true All-American Hurricane fan.

No....I just don't try to excuse two players that tried to hurt the program.
I also don't talk out of my *** about what the school not going to bat for the players or what punishment was acceptable or not.
Two things you obviously tried to do.

Dude, just stfu...like seriously. "I don't try to excuse two players that TRIED to hurt the program." Do you know how sensitive and wack you sound? So you really think that these guys huddled up over a fire saying "OK, guys this is how we're going to ***** over Miami....???"

An opportunity presented itself, that on the surface, didn't appear that bad and they made a mistake, not looking at the big picture. Guess what, homie; I'm pretty sure if someone approached most people w/ a whale of a deal to drive around in an exotic car at an extremely discounted rate, 9/10 would take it. These are still young kids, young kids w harmones raging and that don't think things through. And please stop w your rhetoric bull of me trying to blame the school for this.

What I OBVIOUSLY said was the punishment did not fit the crime. Multiple game suspensions, ABSOLUTELY; kicked off the team, makes no sense. I also said that AQM should've been kicked off b/c he's a multiple time offender, but Grace and Young?? Absolutely not. That's like given a guy the death penalty b/c he robbed a liquor store. Anyways, go back to being sensitive.

You bring up some fair points, especially about these being young men who made some serious mistakes, and young people tend to
be more prone to ***** up like they did.
And I would add that these fellas, for all of their faults, should NOT be demonized.
However, they knew what they were doing was wrong and I'm pretty sure UM, like probably all NCAA athletic programs,
have programs in place where they educate their student-athletes on the rules, and I'm pretty sure one of the major
themes in their training is that is not good to lie to investigators.
While you may argue that their infractions was relatively minor, you have to understand that not being honest
to folks tasked with getting to the bottom of the matter puts UM at a very precarious situation, especially if it's
later found out that there were more dots to connect with this exotic car rental matter and, make no mistake, there
probably was but let's leave that alone.
Bottom line: Cancer had to be removed before it grew.

Last edited:
Watch…the SEC folks are going to hire agents to bring temptations of all sorts to our players' doors. When our boys get their fingers caught in the cookie jars, these roaches will scatter but our compliance office will be notified. They don't have to get all of our players, just the difference makers. As nice of a city Miami is, it was probably not the right city for Quan. He probably should have attended Alabama. He would have gotten girls but probably wouldn't have been lured into trouble by a free exotic tractor rental or even a free hayride.

Garbage.
We've had hundreds of student-athletes pass through the doors of the UM campus excelling on both
the athletic fields and in the classroom and I betcha they were just as poor, just as horny and overall as
susceptible to temptation as these cats, yet they did what they had to do to not get into trouble.
Stop lowering the bar for these young men because certain folks acted like idiots.

Why would the rental place give up ANY information? I'm assuming UM investigators don't have subpoena power. Why cooperate?

They wouldn't and they didn't. Dummies are just making up **** now to try to excuse their prior erroneous guesses as to the severity of the cases and the punishment.

So the school is ruining these kids careers with little to no proof? That doesn't sound right. Someone had to snitch. If everyone was mum then what facts would they have? The word of a scorned ex girlfriend? (And this is how the SEC keeps they **** under wraps. And the end of the day, nobody knows nothing and nobody snitches)

Advertisement
What a fūcking idiot.

Nut Bungler must be a gator troll

Why would the rental place give up ANY information? I'm assuming UM investigators don't have subpoena power. Why cooperate?

They wouldn't and they didn't. Dummies are just making up **** now to try to excuse their prior erroneous guesses as to the severity of the cases and the punishment.

So the school is ruining these kids careers with little to no proof? That doesn't sound right. Someone had to snitch. If everyone was mum then what facts would they have? The word of a scorned ex girlfriend? (And this is how the SEC keeps they **** under wraps. And the end of the day, nobody knows nothing and nobody snitches)
The girlfriend certainly laid out the case to UM. I'm sure she mentioned several other people who would have knowledge of 19 year olds driving around in Range Rovers and Lambos.

It's not like it wasn't easily noticed. I'm sure everyone on campus knew about it. You guys act like this was a handful of cash that guys could just deny having. It's a fcking $300k car.

And from brooklyndee, who has been deadly accurate on this, Young was driving around in a metallic orange Range Rover for a long time. How hard is it to get info on that from the players, their girls and other students all of whom the school has jurisdiction over?

All Compliance had to do was drag the players in 1 by 1 and say "Listen. We know Young was driving a metallic orange Rover. How long did he have it? Lie to us, and we'll kick you off the team."

24 pages of crying over a player who had 5 or 6 sacks. This one is on the players blame no one else.

What a fūcking idiot.

Nut Bungler must be a gator troll

The girlfriend certainly laid out the case to UM. I'm sure she mentioned several other people who would have knowledge of 19 year olds driving around in Range Rovers and Lambos.

It's not like it wasn't easily noticed. I'm sure everyone on campus knew about it. You guys act like this was a handful of cash that guys could just deny having. It's a fcking $300k car.

And from brooklyndee, who has been deadly accurate on this, Young was driving around in a metallic orange Range Rover for a long time. How hard is it to get info on that from the players, their girls and other students all of whom the school has jurisdiction over?

All Compliance had to do was drag the players in 1 by 1 and say "Listen. We know Young was driving a metallic orange Rover. How long did he have it? Lie to us, and we'll kick you off the team."

I was under the impression these kids were driving the cars around south beach only. If they were stupid enough to drive them around campus then jesus christ (although i doubt they ever took the cars "on campus," more likely they just drove them to their houses close by). Also, i believe all the kids are at least over 21. Not that it matters too much but I'd tend to understand 18-19 year old freshman vs 22 year olds.

i'm not quite sure if everyone knew about it. to be honest the majority of UM students couldn't name a single player besides Kaaya much less identify one. i bet the players accidentally rolled on each other by telling conflicting stories then getting caught up in their own lie. its a **** shame

Advertisement
AQM has to be the biggest bust in recent UM history. Part of his failure was the scheme F A G employed, but the guy was ineligible 2 out of 4 seasons he was to be at UM. Some people can't avoid stepping on their own cox. He was a talented player, but he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

If you guys think these college students had access to luxury cars and weren't driving them around campus, you're being naive. Stunting is a habit. Seriously though, this is horrible and very disappointing but we have to move on. This isn't middle of the offseason, the season starts in 6 days. We need to rally around the guys we have and cheer our asses off for them. It's still a new day and we are still on the come up, don't let this damper you're enthusiasm surrounding the program. Just my .02. Go Canes.

A guy on Ferman's site said that just recently the car agency rolled over and gave new info. At the school hearing Quan and Grace were dishonest, not knowing the school had new info. Just like that, tossed.

Another lie.

I don't know why some of you think the kids should be able to receive benefits. Do you not realize if that is allowed to happen then Miami is done? We wouldn't be able to compete with big schools in the benefit game.
Nevin would beg to differ

Advertisement
AQM is in the running for the dumbest mf'er to ever suit up for us. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere, but he can't seem to get out of his own way.

Grace loss is old news, but it's the one that'll affect us the most this upcoming season.

uhhhhh -- No one is even close to Willie Williams

Willie didn't do a single thing wrong while he was here. He didn't get along with onion & refused to play in a zone. He wanted to just play instinctive attacking football.

And he later played at 4-5 different schools....did he also "refused to play zone" at those school?

Willie played at 3 other schools that I can think of but you're comparing things that are polar opposites. While Willie was with us & other schools he had no legal issues or behavioral issues. Willie's problem has always been he's just not all there. He later went to prison. But to compare him to people that are blatantly ****in up wasn't Willie's m.o
That's all I'm saying. His was a mental thing.

Thanks for your work on this topic.
Not the greatest news for us Canes, but it's never a bad thing to have folks who REALLY know what's
going on share some badly needed facts.

Last edited:
I don't know why some of you think the kids should be able to receive benefits. Do you not realize if that is allowed to happen then Miami is done? We wouldn't be able to compete with big schools in the benefit game.

Nevin is small-time compared to boosters from the big schools in the SEC and elsewhere.
And unlike that ***** rat Shapiro, those boosters genuinely love their schools and would keep
things under wraps.

Gotta call bull****...

Simply because, if they dismissed two players for $400 worth of illegal benefits, and for initially being 'less than truthful', then they should fold up shop on their joke of an athletic department and stop wasting fans' money and recruits' careers.

Don't say that out loud or [MENTION=2315]Torocane[/MENTION] will "obviously" let you know you're not a true All-American Hurricane fan.

No....I just don't try to excuse two players that tried to hurt the program.
I also don't talk out of my *** about what the school not going to bat for the players or what punishment was acceptable or not.
Two things you obviously tried to do.

Dude, just stfu...like seriously. "I don't try to excuse two players that TRIED to hurt the program." Do you know how sensitive and wack you sound? So you really think that these guys huddled up over a fire saying "OK, guys this is how we're going to ***** over Miami....???"

An opportunity presented itself, that on the surface, didn't appear that bad and they made a mistake, not looking at the big picture. Guess what, homie; I'm pretty sure if someone approached most people w/ a whale of a deal to drive around in an exotic car at an extremely discounted rate, 9/10 would take it. These are still young kids, young kids w harmones raging and that don't think things through. And please stop w your rhetoric bull of me trying to blame the school for this.

What I OBVIOUSLY said was the punishment did not fit the crime. Multiple game suspensions, ABSOLUTELY; kicked off the team, makes no sense. I also said that AQM should've been kicked off b/c he's a multiple time offender, but Grace and Young?? Absolutely not. That's like given a guy the death penalty b/c he robbed a liquor store. Anyways, go back to being sensitive.

Rell that's not how any of this happened. Trust um is being very kind letting these two stay in school. All things considering the punishment is what had to happen. It just is what it is.

Advertisement

Nevin is small-time compared to boosters from the big schools in the SEC and elsewhere.
And unlike that ***** rat Shapiro, those boosters genuinely love their schools and would keep
things under wraps.

This X1,000,000

Franchise if this is true about the amateur status how the **** is Juwon young playing for Marshall?? His amateur status should be gone right? Something stinks here

Juwon may not have been the worst offender when it comes to dollar amount, but he just probably lied like crazy and they caught him on it.

That's just my guess.

Doubt it from what I've seen young drive multiple times before

Lol... Dude used to drive a white Range Rover all the time on campus

No he didn't. Juwon always drove around in a metallic orange Rover Sport.

You've been spot on throughout this whole process, but I've seen young drive different nice cars (other than the orange one) around campus when I was a student.

Not that it really matters now anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull ****. It's a ****ing rental car

It ain't a rental if it is free. It is a gift. Plain and simple. If they had the $$$$ to rent it, no problem.

Sounds simple right.lol. problem is as players were not allowed to accept gifts either. That's just as bad as anything else. I'm sorry but some of yall would really be in trouble if yall had pressure like this to deal with. You have to understand the rules & stop trying to apply your own logic. It's not that anyone other than the girl snitched . It's real simple from there & in the eyes of compliance (ESPECIALLY when we on probation)when there's smoke there's fire. She said one thing... now factually as a compliance department you either go about proving what she said or disproving it. Anything in the middle is a serious problem. Cause when it's all said and done the only facts can be the cars in themselves. At that point it's on the players to account for that. It really is just that simple. Yall need to stop with all the theatrics & conspiracy theories cause in this instance it's just not called for. They ****ed up drastically for a long time,in numerous instances. What else yall want...

Bull ****. It's a ****ing rental car

They ****ed up drastically for a long time,in numerous instances. What else yall want...

this is one the questions that i had. was it a one day, one weekend or few days few weekends thing? if this was on-going for some time, that exacerbates the violation, plus probation plus the lying.

fairly simple to understand why they got dismissed, especially when given the option to fess up and they chose not to do so.

Advertisement
Back