April 27 vs FGCU 6:00 pm ACCNx thread

This team needs to decide how they want to finish the season and start waking up

idk if their sleep walking coming off a short season but **** so many things are still possible

Advertisement
Jake Smith started the game. Went 3 innings. Looked the best hes looked all season IMO. Thought he got a short hook but glad Mederos is getting some time out there
Another game where they are yanking smith early? I wonder if he’s having arm issues

Another game where they are yanking smith early? I wonder if he’s having arm issues
Looked preplanned. Mederos was warming before Smith finished. I think they wanted to Mederos some certainty as far as when he was entering.

Advertisement
Looked preplanned. Mederos was warming before Smith finished. I think they wanted to Mederos some certainty as far as when he was entering.
This is the 2nd or 3rd straight week of them doing it so I agree on pre planned. But I’m wondering why he hasn’t been stretched more than 3 innings all year

I get the desire to get Mederos something equating to a start as far as warmup routine to get confidence, but I’m disappointed we didn’t get to see where Smith was going. That’s by far the best he’s looked.

4-0. Mid 4.
Yeah that felt like a robotic move by Gino. Hopefully Mederos feels better about himself.

I get the desire to get Mederos something equating to a start as far as warmup routine to get confidence, but I’m disappointed we didn’t get to see where Smith was going. That’s by far the best he’s looked.

4-0. Mid 4.
He may have have the livest arm/best stuff on the staff besides Carson. Electric arm

So are we thinking Gil will return next season or has his late season resurgence put him back as a possible draftable guy...would be nice to have him back as a lot of the offensive power will likely be gone outside of Morales
I dont think he goes in the new draft format, should be back.

Advertisement
This is the 2nd or 3rd straight week of them doing it so I agree on pre planned. But I’m wondering why he hasn’t been stretched more than 3 innings all year
Last outing was just Gino being impatient if memory serves correctly, and the one before was because he threw more than 70 pitches in his three innings.

I think they have the limit on Smith for a good reason, he may be a bit of a headcase and they are easing him in not wanting to waste that stuff if he loses confidence. He may get in the weekend rotation next year if he can get through 6-7 innings. If not you would be hard pressed to find a more talented midweek guy

He may have have the livest arm/best stuff on the staff besides Carson. Electric arm
If Dubberly struggles to get out of the fourth again. App St next weekend might be the perfect opportunity to get him a weekend tryout. You can always go back to Dubberly for GT if it doesn’t work out.

Advertisement
That 2 innings at least got Mederos ERA under 6. I don't know how a guy like him doesn't get more Ks, throwing 96plus with good offspeed. Its odd.

Lala has regressed more from freshman year than any other player at UM in recent memory...across all sports.

He has earned the top spot for this award over Stacey Coley

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back