Apr 11 at Pittsburgh 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Cal went to Arkansas because there was nowhere to put them on the west coast.

It's obvious that the D1 team you played for didn't factor into the regionals.
I'm done with you. You just selective arguments to fit a narrative. Then you move the goal posts and take a different narrative.

Can't argue with stupid. Blessings.

Advertisement
Here's what I'm dealing with:

Oregon State, UCLA, and Stanford were the west coast hosts in 2019. This dude is asking why California wasn't a #2 seed somewhere out west.

I'm done with you. You just selective arguments to fit a narrative. Then you move the goal posts and take a different narrative.

Can't argue with stupid. Blessings.

You should at least acknowledge that you're learning something new today. Like how teams from the same conference can't be in the same regional.

Why the big argument over regional seeding? Based on the eye test Id say this team isn't going anywhere .

GO CANES!!!!

It's frustrating when people act like they know how stuff works, so I feel obligated to correct them, even if it doesn't apply to us.

Advertisement
Man, what a coincidence that the seeding fell this way out west.

Region 8 [Pacific I] - Stanford, CA
-------------------- ------------
2 * CSU,Fullerton WW W 34-21 23 17 41 116 Big West (#3)
N1 Stanford WLWL 40-14 6 9 9 124 Pac-12 (#2)
3 BYU LWL 37-19 26 -- 55 114 West Coast champ (#2)
4 Sacramento St LL 32-27 . . 181 102 WAC champ (#4)

Region 8a [Pacific II] - Long Beach, CA
---------------------- --------------
1 * Long Beach St WLWWW 37-17 9 8 13 119 Big West champ (#1)
2 Texas WW LL 37-22 -- 21 18 118 Big 12 (#6)
4 San Diego St LWL 41-19 . . 83 114 Mtn West champ (#2)
3 UCLA LL 30-25 30 -- 51 115 Pac-12 (#3)

You keep missing point #3. Some teams are left without a local regional site.
The very fact thst the NCAA has stated that the 2021 tournament with be more regional should tell you that they rank the teams.

How do they decide the 1-16 host site? Are the random? NO, they are ranked. Are teams that play with those ranked sites just randomly thrown in there based only on geography? NO.

My time is up. Class dismissed.

You should at least acknowledge that you're learning something new today. Like how teams from the same conference can't be in the same regional.
There's your acknowledgement aquainos clown.

Never seen such a clueless wonder so proud of himself. You really don't know what your talking about.

The teams are ranked. They try to fit them into local regions if possible. It is NOT just based on geography as you claim. Otherwise, you could wind up unfair regions where the best teams are playing in the same host site.

I'll dumb it down so you can understand because I really want you to understand.

In a normal year, If Miami was one of the 16 hosts sites and Florida, FAU, and UCF were all 2 seeds, they would not be sent to Miami as 2, 3, and 4 seeds. They would send 2 of them elsewhere. Therefore, all teams in the tournament are assigned a ranking.

Last edited:
The very fact thst the NCAA has stated that the 2021 tournament with be more regional should tell you that they rank the teams.

How do they decide the 1-16 host site? Are the random? NO, they are ranked. Are teams that play with those ranked sites just randomly thrown in there based only on geography? NO.

My time is up. Class dismissed.

I already told you that they seed the #1's. And the rest of it is not random if it's based on geography.

It's all pretty easy to understand if you're not so angry trying to be right.

Advertisement
Maybe you will. I'm just angry at yout stupidity. It's not your fault though.

That's a typical message board defense mechanism when someone is exposed for their lack of knowledge. "UR DUMB".

I tried to be civil and take it to PM, but I'll call you out again publicly:

Haven't you ever wondered why FIU, FAU, USF, FAMU, FGCU, Bethune, and Jacksonville are always in a regional in Florida? If true seeding was done, those teams would occasionally be sent somewhere else.

Advertisement
To wrap this up from twenty posts ago, you don't get a weaker #1 seed just because you're a stronger #3 seed. That's just folly and has never been a thing.

This team is not that good, us ever being ranked #1 was fools gold. We are closer to the 50th best team than the 1st. Tough season with the position players we had returning even though we were replacing the entire starting rotation

Advertisement
Back