Apr 11 at Pittsburgh 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
We are about to fall to 1-5 against Pitt and VT. Missed the tournament in 17/18. There are a bunch of people who need to take a long look in the mirror. This is ridiculous.
Look at the pitching. We're relying heavily on freshmen arms. The few upperclassmen pitchers we have are either injured or haven't performed.

Miami won't be left out of the tournament this year. The nonconference game have been excellent and the team will probably be at or near 0.500 in conference play. That's good enough for at least a 3 seed and maybe a 2. In normal years that wouldn't be bad because we'd get sent to a weaker regional. Florida is going to host. We'll be headed to Gainesville. The NCAA is going to keep teams local as much as possible.

What are the chances we play our self out of the tournament? Clemson-NC-GT-Louisville left to play. Would not shock me at all.

Look at the pitching. We're relying heavily on freshmen arms. The few upperclassmen pitchers we have are either injured or haven't performed.

Miami won't be left out of the tournament this year. The nonconference game have been excellent and the team will probably be at or near 0.500 in conference play. That's good enough for at least a 3 seed. In normal years thst wouldn't be bad because we'd get sent to a weaker regional. Florida is going to host. We'll be headed to Gainesville.
Is Florida going to host? They’re heading toward a sweep themselves, below .500 in the SEC, with an RPI in 30s.

I just worry about some of the better hitters figuring out palmquist if they see him enough. That would be my only potential concern about him being a starter

Advertisement
I just worry about some of the better hitters figuring out palmquist if they see him enough. That would be my only potential concern about him being a starter
I thought about that, but haven’t noticed it as often as he pitches multiple innings, multiple times in a weekend. He’s got to be facing a good subset of those guys twice.

Miami won't be left out of the tournament this year. The nonconference game have been excellent and the team will probably be at or near 0.500 in conference play. That's good enough for at least a 3 seed and maybe a 2. In normal years that wouldn't be bad because we'd get sent to a weaker regional. Florida is going to host. We'll be headed to Gainesville. The NCAA is going to keep teams local as much as possible.

You have to be quite a new Miami Hurricanes fan to be happy that we're on the #2/#3 bubble. That used to be a "WTF is happening at Miami???" year. Now, that kind of year is a sign that things have improved. Tragic.

Is Florida going to host? They’re heading toward a sweep themselves, below .500 in the SEC, with an RPI in 30s.
Yes. They have the new ballpark. I think the NCAa will reward them like the NFL does when a team bulds a new stadium. The NCAA already said that hosting sites won't be based on merit alone. Somebody is going to host in the state if Florida with 4-5 teams making it to the tournament.

That's good enough for at least a 3 seed and maybe a 2. In normal years that wouldn't be bad because we'd get sent to a weaker regional.

I follow the bracketing process as closely as anyone, and I would like to hear why we would normally get sent to a weaker regional in that scenario. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Yes. They have the new ballpark. I think the NCAa will reward them like the NFL does when a team bulds a new stadium. The NCAA already said that hosting sites won't be based on merit alone. Somebody is going to host in the state if Florida with 4-5 teams making it to the tournament.

Who are the 4-5 teams in Florida that are going to make the NCAA Tournament?

Looking at the name of the teams we play vs their records or how they are playing is dangerous, but par for the course at times here.

Looking at the name of the teams we play vs their records or how they are playing is dangerous, but par for the course at times here.

Because Pittsburgh is actually an elite program in 2021, and if we knew what we were talking about, we would have come in expecting to get swept.

Am I right?

Pittsburgh had lost six of their last nine, but here come the "young" Miami Hurricanes to help yet another program get back on track.

Advertisement
You have to be quite a new Miami Hurricanes fan to be happy that we're on the #2/#3 bubble. That used to be a "WTF is happening at Miami???" year. Now, that kind of year is a sign that things have improved. Tragic.
It's not going to matter this year. It's all about who you get matched up with.

I'm just looking at the reality of what this team is and where they are at. I think the team would have been ahppy to make the tournament in the 2 years we missed .

The reality is that the freshman pitchers are not ready for the big stage. We're only goong to go as far as are pitching will take us. A good goal this year is to win a regional. That's the reality.
Who are the 4-5 teams in Florida that are going to make the NCAA Tournament?
Miami, FSU, Florida, FAMU, and maybe UCF.

I thought about that, but haven’t noticed it as often as he pitches multiple innings, multiple times in a weekend. He’s got to be facing a good subset of those guys twice.
Yeah that definitely makes a lot of sense it would also give us a much-needed Lefty in the rotation. I am thinking maybe a rotation of him Smith and maybe Rosario going forward

Advertisement
I follow the bracketing process as closely as anyone, and I would like to hear why we would normally get sent to a weaker regional in that scenario. Thanks in advance.
I'll tell you why. In a notmal year the NCAA woul seed the teams. They would rank all the 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's. Just like the basketball tournament, the strongest #1 will face the weakes 2, 3, and 4 teams. I think Miami would be a strong 3 team and would get paired in one of the weaker brackets. That's not going to happen this year. Teams will be playing in their geographic region. We won't get out of the SEC footprint this year.

Don’t see UCF at all (14-18, 135 RPI) unless they pull an upset in their conference tourney. Fair point that FAMU could win their league, but isn’t that a case for giving FSU the host and letting FAMU stay home in Tallahassee? UF could bus there too. Everybody is easily taken care of but us. It’s a pretty down year statewide though.

It's not going to matter this year. It's all about who you get matched up with.

I'm just looking at the reality of what this team is and where they are at. I think the team would have been ahppy to make the tournament in the 2 years we missed .

The reality is that the freshman pitchers are not ready for the big stage. We're only goong to go as far as are pitching will take us. A good goal this year is to win a regional. That's the reality.

It's always about who you get matched up with. And if you're a #2 or #3 seed, you get sent to a #1 seed. That's not advisable.

Miami is in (today.....), Florida is on the bubble, and FSU & UCF would be out. And FAMU is no guarantee to win that conference. So right now it's one Florida team.

Advertisement
Back