Apparently we have no shot at beating Nebraska...

Oh please, anyone who thinks a stadium win games are delusional. Nebraska lost at home last season to Iowa and UCLA. They also need a HailMary to beat Northwestern at home. Nothing about Saturday's night game will be determined by what happen in 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's. People put stats out like to make themselves feel better.

For example, Phil Jackson was 9-0 in NBA Finals before he got his *** beat by the Pistons.

Advertisement
Oh please, anyone who thinks a stadium win games are delusional. Nebraska lost at home last season to Iowa and UCLA. They also need a HailMary to beat Northwestern at home. Nothing about Saturday's night game will be determined by what happen in 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's. People put stats out like to make themselves feel better.

For example, Phil Jackson was 9-0 in NBA Finals before he got his *** beat by the Pistons.
Stadiums don't win games. Nebraska has a distinct home field advantage Saturday. That doesn't mean they can't lose or that the stadium wins games.

But, we will lose Saturday.

Stadiums don't win games. Nebraska has a distinct home field advantage Saturday. That doesn't mean they can't lose or that the stadium wins games.

I wonder how that home field advantage help them against Iowa? Stadiums are nothing more than a place that holds people. And, we may lose on Saturday, we are the underdogs in the game, but you don't ****, and you saying it doesn't make it true.

Advertisement
image.jpg

Until Golden proves otherwise, why would people think we actually have a chance against a real opponent?

I wonder how that home field advantage help them against Iowa? Stadiums are nothing more than a place that holds people. And, we may lose on Saturday, we are the underdogs in the game, but you don't ****, and you saying it doesn't make it true.

I assure you that I do **** - every day - sometimes two or three times..

And, I've stated an opinion of our chances Saturday. So, yeah, that doesn't make it true. Did you just figure out that opinions are not facts?

Advertisement
No way we lose to Nebraska. They're horrible. And their CoRch is even worse. Not even gonna say IF we lose because we won't.

Advertisement
The argument isn’t about the stats; numbers are what they are.

The argument is:
A) Do you hope for Miami to beat Nebraska, (and others), so that the U is showing signs of getting better? If you hope for this than you also have to accept that the coaching staff will stay in place. You also might have to admit you are wrong (if you are a “mope”) on an internet message board. You still can ***** about the coaches and wish things would change when they lose.

B) Or, do you hope that Miami loses because you assume the coaches will be fired and then, and only then, things will improve? I suppose this hinges on the idea that the next coach will be a dynamite recruiter who coaches with passion and is able to bring the U back to national prominence. The biggest potential down side is you don’t know who the next coach will be. You don’t care about the short term impact on recruiting because you figure anyone, including Donald Duck, is better than “Folden”.

Frankly, the most likely outcome, given Golden’s long term contract and media presence, is that the U will muddle on and finish on the fringes of national relevance (7-5) and no one will be happy. Except for Pete because that will drive traffic to the site (see above argument) and canesinsight will be selling more ad space.

Me, I know the stats are crap and I hate the prospect of mediocrity. I root for the U no matter what mostly because these are JUST kids with pretty simple dreams; they just want to win. I also look at how many freshman are playing key role key roles (Kayaa, Berrios, Jenkins, Yearby etc) and think we should see steady improvement no matter what others opine about the coaching.

Bottom line I’d rather have hope vs rooting for them to lose just so Golden gets canned.

Pulled these stats from a thread on Canesport... not sure how accurate they are so take it for what it's worth...

- In 29 different occurences since 1960, opponents starting a TRUE Freshman QB in Lincoln vs. Nebraska are 0-29, and have only kept the margin of victory under 10 points once....

- In 35 night games, at home in Lincoln vs. Non Ranked Opponents, Nebraska is 36-0 since they first added lights in 1987. Nebraska has only lost ONE game, 36-1 all time vs. a team ranked outside the top 10.

- Nebraska has only lost 6 games total at home, under the lights, and 4 of those 6 losses came to teams ranked #1.

- The 2014 Miami Hurricanes are converting 23% on 3rd down

- The Miami Hurricanes have lost 22 straight road games vs ranked opponents.

- In Miami's last three Non Con trips to the Central Time Zone they've lost by an average of 51 - 17.

Go canes?

I think that just about covers it.

Advertisement
Go canes?
:sanford2:

**** that is depressing
Its inaccurate. We beat FSU at FSU in 2009. They were ranked 18th I believe.

Yeah. Didn't we also beat a ranked Oklahoma team? Was Ohio State ranked when we beat them?

I think Oklahoma was ranked when we beat them in 2009, but we beat Ohio State at home. I think Georgia Tech was ranked when we beat them on the road in 2009 also.

Pulled these stats from a thread on Canesport... not sure how accurate they are so take it for what it's worth...

- In 29 different occurences since 1960, opponents starting a TRUE Freshman QB in Lincoln vs. Nebraska are 0-29, and have only kept the margin of victory under 10 points once....

- In 35 night games, at home in Lincoln vs. Non Ranked Opponents, Nebraska is 36-0 since they first added lights in 1987. Nebraska has only lost ONE game, 36-1 all time vs. a team ranked outside the top 10.

- Nebraska has only lost 6 games total at home, under the lights, and 4 of those 6 losses came to teams ranked #1.

- The 2014 Miami Hurricanes are converting 23% on 3rd down

- In Miami's last three Non Con trips to the Central Time Zone they've lost by an average of 51 - 17.

Go canes?

22 straight road losses to ranked opponents? **** if true

Two once proud but average teams ---- dont care about rankings this early in the season - we were 7th in the nation last year ...... please

Advertisement
Back