Appalachian State on ESPN....

INCaneFan

Band
Banned
Since we're playing them next year and it's unlikely most have seen them play, tune in if you want to.

Advertisement
It is, but at least I get to go to the App State game, and I've heard Boone is really nice.

It is, but at least I get to go to the App State game, and I've heard Boone is really nice.

I have a friend who's also a Canes fan and I believe he lives in Boone. It's an awesome drive over from Nashville through the national forest.

I think I'll travel down from DC for this game. ... I've also talked to some family in Winston Salem and Charlotte. They said it should be really nice that time of year. Great food! I'm just coming down for the game.

Advertisement
It's a great area for a long weekend. I'm going with the wife. Blue Ridge Parkway, Grandfather Mountain, river rafting/tubing and loads of good restaurants. Smoked trout anyone?

The area is gorgeous and the people very friendly. Lots to do, and lots of good food. Spend an extra day or two and visit Grandfather, Linville Caverns, the Cone Manor, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, etc.

Blowing Rock is 15 minutes away, and has an upscale outlet mall and more good restaurants. Bistro Roca there is superb, and you can reserve on Open Table.

Amazing town. I grew up about an hour and a half south east of Boone in Charlotte NC and would go visit and snowboard all the time. Great party town for college visits too

Advertisement
Good game and their first bowl win at this level. 11-2 on the season for them, can't complain.

Best road game of the year to attend next season.

You want a good restaraunt suggestion, The Louisiana Purchase in Banner Elk.

Best road game of the year? Did you guys forget about Notre Dame?

And our OOC isn't pathetic; at least we're going on the road against App State and traveling to Notre Dame. It could be much worse

Advertisement
Lived in Asheville for 15 years oldest daughter graduated this May. Boone is a cute little college/outdoor town. Some of the prettiest scenery east of the Rockies. Asheville is about 2hrs away and has exploded on the hip city scene. Probably the most eclectic city in the eastern US. Hot dining, craft beer is crazy now, cool vibe downtown, West Side is really hip. Would be a great place to visit besides Boone if your gonna go to the game.

Advertisement
Best road game of the year? Did you guys forget about Notre Dame?

And our OOC isn't pathetic; at least we're going on the road against App State and traveling to Notre Dame. It could be much worse

IMO, it's a good year for road games. The Domers are just a few hours up the road from me, I did forget about them, but I'd still rather go to the ASU game. A couple of reasons are that I have family that way and their general admission sitting on the hill would be perfect for anyone with small children.

Every time this game is mentioned it ends up being a commercial for the Boone Chamber of Tourism. You fools have me actually considering making this trip now.

Advertisement
Back