App State @ Tenn

Advertisement
I think app state is better than gave credit for but ultimately this is a perfect example of what's wrong with the voting system & the sec in particular. I'm sorry but if your out of conference schedules are largely consisting of teams out of the girls ymcmb or the p.a.l. League than that means your only barometer for how good your team & league as a whole are is other overrated sec teams. Tennessee is a frontrunner to win their division this year yet look at them. Vandy played south Carolina etc etc etc. The sec is such a top heavy overrated conference. There is no competitive middle of the pack schools. There's Alabama & then everyone else.

I think the Vols are overrated but the Canes cant afford to sleep on any team, I still see the Canes beating App State in more convincing fashion than the Vols did lol.

Didn't watch the game. Is App St. someone who might give us problems, or is Tenn just that massively overrated?

App State ran the ball down their throat until the 4th quarter. Got a decent line but they play with a mean streak for sure. Great play calling though mixing up read, triple option and jet sweeps out of unbalanced pistol formations. Didn't show anything in the passing game to be worried about in my opinion. Stop the run early and force long 3rd downs and we should be alright. They were very active upfront on defense with undersized players and they do tackle pretty well in the box. Cornerbacks played 7-10 yards off all night, when Tennessee took the short passing game they drove right down the field. Horrible play calling by the Vols all game kept this one close. Never got their athletes out in space to make plays, I think we will be just fine Richt and Kaaya will pick them apart.

Advertisement
Didn't watch the game. Is App St. someone who might give us problems, or is Tenn just that massively overrated?

Tennessee couldn't move the ball on App State. They have serious problems on the offensive side of the ball and their bigger OL got manhandled by the undersized DL of App St.

We will roll

Those cut blocks scare me. I'd hate to lose a guy for the season against a schit team like Apple st

Jesse Palmer: 'big time players, make big plays, in big time games' LOLOL since when is App State a big game?

I heard this and chuckled of course they are trying to spin it

You didn't know?...Jesse Palmer derived that motto before Santana

This whole ESPN/SEC **** slobbin is outa control....were gona roll App St and prove how overated Tenn is. Enjoy up there Byrd

Advertisement
I'm glad App State played UT so hard. No way to ignore that, no matter how badly UT played. Going against their cut blocks will help prepare them for GT.

Last edited:
We can't sleep..They will be hosting one of the biggest game in the school's history... They are gonna be pumped...We have to bust them in the mouth from the opening bell..and never let up

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

IMO, it was slightly more so that App St. played great (especially defense) than UT played bad. UT was #9 playing a nationally televised primetime game opener, pumped up at home and App Sy brought it straight to them.

My only true concern is their running game, their RBs get north and south really fast with no hesitation and pure intentions.

Very well-coached team all-around and fundamentally sound. They must have great position coaches. After watching last night, week 3 was a sure-shot loss by a Golden led Canes team.

We must protect the ball to win this game, and I think we are going to be surprised by how well the LBs play this season. We have to remember who they don't have experience being coached by.

Lol these ****ing rocky**** ****** literally have no reason to even mention miami and they do. Spin city for their failure of a team and headcoach at its finest.
They have every reason to mention Miami...they want to go ahead and try to justify their ****** play. Just like all the ESPN geniuses, they're already trying to spin it so they don't look as bad.

Advertisement
Line up in 21 personnel and run the ball down their throat. Eventually start flexing the H back or TE out and see how they play that. Either keep running in the box or the WR/TE will get singled and Kaaya picks them apart. Or you can come out throwing to run, however I don't think that's Richt's DNA and we don't need to do that. Either way Miami has superior athletes and should make this a battle of toughness and conditioning.

On defense, i'm not sure what they do, but i feel safe in the belief that we can apply pocket pressure rushing 4-5. We can stop the run on 1st and/or second then drop 6-7 on passing downs and be fine.

We don't need to be cute. We just need to be Miami.

Lol these ****ing rocky**** ****** literally have no reason to even mention miami and they do. Spin city for their failure of a team and headcoach at its finest.
They have every reason to mention Miami...they want to go ahead and try to justify their ****ty play. Just like all the ESPN geniuses, they're already trying to spin it so they don't look as bad.

Yup

Advertisement
If the kid had made the extra point App State wins. Simple as that. With that said, vols are weak in the trenches on both sides and average at WR and RB. Great thing about the season is that all the prediction crap goes into the garbage. Games are played on the field not in studios.

We can't sleep..They will be hosting one of the biggest game in the school's history... They are gonna be pumped...We have to bust them in the mouth from the opening bell..and never let up

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
^^^this

Now matter how over-rated anyone thinks UT is, this game should be a wake-up call for UM fans. App St will be at home when we play them. I think that matters. They will be sky high as it will be the biggest game ever played there. I know our fans are dismissing this game as already won. I just hope the players aren't thinking that.

If the kid had made the extra point App State wins. Simple as that. With that said, vols are weak in the trenches on both sides and average at WR and RB. Great thing about the season is that all the prediction crap goes into the garbage. Games are played on the field not in studios.

That said, Richt will be looking at this game closely. Appy State will be primed for the upset: sellout crowd, home field. Everyone remembers Cincinnati from last year?

Advertisement
Back