Apologies Accepted

i think that it may be time for you find another team to follow. Your anger helps no one, and breads contempt.

LOL. Let me guess? Just do what I did. Put him on ignore. He doesn't exist to me anymore. It makes this place so much more tolerable, without the incessant, repetitive drivel.

Pretty good advice.

We had a similar "look at me" type on Canesport for years and years. No matter how many people agreed about the state of the program, he felt the need to act as if he was the only one making the point. Then, if you dared to root for the squad and exhibit the slightest bit of optimism, out came the "I told you so" or "glad your happy with this mediocrity"...etc. Once it is obvious nobody is arguing the point that Morris has gone backwards and the University is not taking the necessary steps to put the team back on the map, then it is essentially a desperate need for attention.

UM

+1 This sounds just like someone on this board. I agree. With some people, you just can't be optimistic about anything 'CANES related. I don't get it!
You numbnuts are missing the point.

I root hard for the Canes. **** hard. When I can travel from my place in VA to make it to a baseball game, I do. Same for basketball. I normally go to 3-4 road football games a year as well. I'm a Hurricane Club donor.

I want all of our teams to succeed, and win championships. I don't go to or watch a game thinking that the Canes are going to lose--I always want us to win.

That, however, does not preclude me from pointing out stupid **** that we do on the field/court when it does indeed happen. I'm not going to turn a blind eye to errors on the baseball field, lack of shot selection on the basketball court, nor to incompetence on the football field against inferior opponents. In your books--I ought to just shrug my shoulders and yell "Go Canes" louder...and just deny the existence of anything negative.

I have zero problem with optimism. I do, however, have a problem when optimism is all that is put out there by a set group of fans who have reared their head this baseball season, and have somehow decided I'm not as much of a fan somehow because I'm not echoing their eternal positive sentiments, and instead, decide to look at things in a realistic way. THAT is why I've gotten ****ed, and thus, attacked some of you.

If you folks take over this board, it will be Grassy 2.0 (if it isn't already), and that would be a **** shame.

Advertisement
i think that it may be time for you find another team to follow. Your anger helps no one, and breads contempt.

LOL. Let me guess? Just do what I did. Put him on ignore. He doesn't exist to me anymore. It makes this place so much more tolerable, without the incessant, repetitive drivel.

Pretty good advice.

We had a similar "look at me" type on Canesport for years and years. No matter how many people agreed about the state of the program, he felt the need to act as if he was the only one making the point. Then, if you dared to root for the squad and exhibit the slightest bit of optimism, out came the "I told you so" or "glad your happy with this mediocrity"...etc. Once it is obvious nobody is arguing the point that Morris has gone backwards and the University is not taking the necessary steps to put the team back on the map, then it is essentially a desperate need for attention.

UM

+1 This sounds just like someone on this board. I agree. With some people, you just can't be optimistic about anything 'CANES related. I don't get it!
You numbnuts are missing the point.

I root hard for the Canes. **** hard. When I can travel from my place in VA to make it to a baseball game, I do. Same for basketball. I normally go to 3-4 road football games a year as well. I'm a Hurricane Club donor.

I want all of our teams to succeed, and win championships. I don't go to or watch a game thinking that the Canes are going to lose--I always want us to win.

That, however, does not preclude me from pointing out stupid **** that we do on the field/court when it does indeed happen. I'm not going to turn a blind eye to errors on the baseball field, lack of shot selection on the basketball court, nor to incompetence on the football field against inferior opponents. In your books--I ought to just shrug my shoulders and yell "Go Canes" louder...and just deny the existence of anything negative.

I have zero problem with optimism. I do, however, have a problem when optimism is all that is put out there by a set group of fans who have reared their head this baseball season, and have somehow decided I'm not as much of a fan somehow because I'm not echoing their eternal positive sentiments, and instead, decide to look at things in a realistic way. THAT is why I've gotten ****ed, and thus, attacked some of you.

If you folks take over this board, it will be Grassy 2.0 (if it isn't already), and that would be a **** shame.

Dare I say - I actually agree with some (if not most) of this... what I can't get on board with is your constant attacks of posters and name calling of posters.

Dare I say - I actually agree with some (if not most) of this... what I can't get on board with is your constant attacks of posters and name calling of posters.
Someone comes at me, I'm gonna come at them...especially if they don't have anything of substance to back up their thoughts in a discussion.

I'm sorry you don't like that, but it is what it is.

Someone comes at me, I'm gonna come at them...especially if they don't have anything of substance to back up their thoughts in a discussion.

You have called me and others numerous names. Have I called you a name? I just think there is a better way to go about things than calling someone names, challenging their manhood or telling them to STFU. Just my opinion.

You have called me and others numerous names. Have I called you a name? I just think there is a better way to go about things than calling someone names, challenging their manhood or telling them to STFU. Just my opinion.
Just how many message boards have you been on? You might need to get thicker skin, or better arguments. Or both.

Advertisement

Just how many message boards have you been on? You might need to get thicker skin, or better arguments. Or both.

You just can't help yourself. Oh well. Good luck!

Geez, you are such an internet clown, grow up. One of these guys you are telling to man up was Special forces in Afganhistan, but he has too much class to make you look like the idiot you are. You belong to FSU - now go.

What many people are trying to tell you is your style and timing all are terrible. Face it, folks dont like the posters who are ALWAYS negative. ALWAYS. Fact - live with it and stop trying to rationalize that you are the right ones!
That's just the thing--we're not always negative. We don't hesitate to point out when something sucks about the team for sake of fandom, though. We're never going to apologize or act like we're wrong for doing that...especially when the evidence is sitting right in front of us in the form of another Regional letdown.

So, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, and that you don't like some of the posts that Antwan, myself, and others who are "negative" make. But in the words of Chopper Reid, "harden the fvck up".

Now - the debate about how to improve the program can start - which I certainly want and will discuss when the time is right - like now.
Well, you're late to the party because we've been discussing it for a while. But I'll bite--what's your beef with the program, and how do we fix it?

Harden up, if you only knew cowboy. Folks they just do not get it, so ignore is the only way to go. Miserable lives.
That was your last chance to fess up and give us some actual input on how to improve the program. You just proved to every single person on this board that you (and your other aliases) don't have anything to contribute to that conversation with that response. The floor was yours, and you decided to mumble some dumbazz nonsense about a "cowboy" and "ignore" and "miserable".

Go back to your corner, lotion up, and have fun whacking it to our "effort". Leave the rest of us here to actually discuss things logically and critically.

Another brilliant post. Son, and you earned that with your classless posts, you need to find another board. I think maybe I will have another chance, If I choose to post my thoughts on this very very difficult intellectual topic. PS - hard for you two to accept, but I have never ever posted under another alias, there are many others who think you two are idiots, it is not just me!!

What many people are trying to tell you is your style and timing all are terrible. Face it, folks dont like the posters who are ALWAYS negative. ALWAYS. Fact - live with it and stop trying to rationalize that you are the right ones!
That's just the thing--we're not always negative. We don't hesitate to point out when something sucks about the team for sake of fandom, though. We're never going to apologize or act like we're wrong for doing that...especially when the evidence is sitting right in front of us in the form of another Regional letdown.

So, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, and that you don't like some of the posts that Antwan, myself, and others who are "negative" make. But in the words of Chopper Reid, "harden the fvck up".

Now - the debate about how to improve the program can start - which I certainly want and will discuss when the time is right - like now.
Well, you're late to the party because we've been discussing it for a while. But I'll bite--what's your beef with the program, and how do we fix it?

//Someone please pay attention to me!!

+1 - BWCD telling people that this was their last chance... wow! It wasn't even directed at me and I just find it appalling that this guy can just attack one poster after another! Look in the mirror and read your posts from the last few weeks!
You're going to sit there and tell us that txcanes and txcanes80 aren't owned by the same person posting?

You must think we're some special kind of stupid, ******* troll.

It may have not been directed at your specific screen name, but yeah--what I posted goes for you too.

I guess you had to use the other screen name to read my post and reply, since I was threatened with being put on Ignore by the other screen name.

Txcane80, I can not believe you missed it. He said "You must think we are some kind of stupid ******* troll" Well son, you just prove how stupid and ignorant you are, nuff said! I think I will use the ignore button, classless fan is getting old, two ignores coming up!

Advertisement
One of these guys you are telling to man up was Special forces in Afganhistan, but he has too much class to make you look like the idiot you are.
Kudos for that guy's service, whoever he is, as I do respect anyone who has served this country. His service, however, does not preclude his additions to this conversation about the Canes Baseball program from scrutiny nor disagreement...especially if they weakly stand on the foundation of just pure blind homerism, and the inability to see the good and the bad.

You belong to FSU - now go.
I'm a Cane. I'm not going anywhere. Deal with it.

Advertisement
Back